A New Hope - retired

“Ah… Promises, promises…” I sigh with a careless shrug, letting my arms drop to my sides.

Hm. Close enough. I’ll admit it – There’s a big part of me that would love to stick around and wear Lex down until he begs for my help… but, uh… Time. Place. Gotta be logical about this and, besides… I’m one of the good guys now… remember? I’ve tormented him long enough and it’s about time I did… ahem… The Right ThingTM

“Hey, look, man – Just relax. I’ll have you out of there in no time!” Good! Now don’t laugh. Don’t laugh. Don’t laugh. “Hahaha!” … What?! It’s like a reflex!

Okay, Ram… How are you gonna play this…? It’s a pretty deep hole… Close to fifteen feet, I’d estimate. I run my thumb over my lip as I contemplate how the hell I’m going to go about pulling poor Lexy out of his non-metaphorical pit of despair. I crouch once more, wondering if I could lower a branch down to him. There are certainly enough trees around to be able to find one of the required dimensions.

"Think you can stand, Lex?" I ask, getting up myself to indicate that I’ve devised a solution to his predicament. It’s not exactly neuroscience but, like I say – Sometimes a simple solution… is the best solution.

OOC - Okie dokie! Fixed it! Here we go! :v::sunglasses: Lemme just repeat the stuff I said in my old post’s OOC comments as well:
Yesssss! Really, really pleased to see this roleplay moving along again! Oh, and welcome, welcome, welcome, @Eagle! Glad to have you on board! :grin:

((Pssst Ram. Get to posting. I want out of this hole.))

2 Likes

Amber

I turn towards Salene with a sympathetic smile. “Let’'s try and keep their minds off it at the moment” I say putting Baby Bray on my hip.

I cast my eyes over the beach and and see Trudy gathering up her items and turn back to Salene

"Come on let’s get the kids inside then see what we can do about some food"
With a bag on my back I start leading the children up to the building.

((OCC Hopefully this is okay! Let me know if I’m clashing or confusing anything ))

@Catha

it’s fine :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m half expecting more of Ram’s games, he’s got no reason to help me, and at this point I’ve been down here for a while. I prop myself against one of the walls of the hole.

Except the wall gives way, causing me to now land on my back half inside a tunnel I guess? I awkwardly get myself up to a sitting position, at least this discovery has given me another surge of adrenaline.

”Ram…” my voice calls out shakily. ”Get down here.”

Salene

I nod at Amber " Then let’s go" i answer her and change a look with ruby and the little ones, pointing them to follow us. Thank god the building isn’t that far away and we made it there in no time.
Inside i lay down our bags and watch arround " wow this is huge, you should check it out step by step" i turn to Amber

Amber

As we walk inside the building I gaze in awe at how big and empty it is in the inside.

I turn around to listen to what Salene is saying to me. “Sounds like good idea. Maybe there’s some food somewhere. Let’s set our things down here”, I point to a spot on the concrete floor near the door. "

I stare around the big room. There must have been someone living here at some point but I just can’t see any sign of it.

’'Salene stay here with Ruby and the children. Play tag or something like that to keep the children’s mind off food"

"Uh… Lex…?" My eyes are wide as I stare in astonishment and disbelief at the spot where Lex had just been moments before. “Lex?!” Both hands clasp at the back of my neck as I stand by the now seemingly empty hole.

Don’t mistake my desperation for concern for Lexy. What you’re seeing here? One hundred percent self-interest. See, it really won’t look good for me if I come back and Lex doesn’t, especially after Trudy and my little stunt earlier on. I don’t even have a proper alibi! Help!

I’m considering drastic options when I hear a faint voice from somewhere beyond the crumbled wall of the hole and I breath a sigh of relief --It’s Lex. He’s not dead but, geez… He clearly must have hit taken a knock to the head if he’s seriously suggesting I join him down there.

"You must be joking!" I scoff. “If I come down there, we’ll both be trapped!” No sooner than the words have left my mouth though, does it occur to me – More trapped than I already am? Stuck on this godforsaken island with only my old enemies, the Mallrats for company? – And, for all I know, it’s about to get a whole lot worse for me if my earlier intuition is correct…

There’s a long pause for thought before I call out again, as evenly as I can, "Why…? What’s down there?"

”There’s a tunnel down here you idiot!” I call out, it’s hard to see but there’s defiantly railroad tracks and a cart of some sort. I wonder if Ram has a torch? ”Careful coming down its a hell of a drop I add.” survivable sure, but now I’m wondering what this pit and tunnel combo is all about.

@Ram

I look around the cage “Yes, I think we will… But I don’t know when” I tell her and sigh slightly “Though there aren’t many guards about so now would be a good time find a weak point in the cage” I said quietly to her “Whether it be loosening the screws with movement on the posts or digging downwards… It looks like these have been up a while and don’t look well maintained anymore” I said and walked to the post looking closely.

*Pokes everyone :stuck_out_tongue: *

1 Like

Amber

I start to walk down a narrow corridor that leads off from the entrance room. Along the corridor there were a few different rooms, a laundry, some sort of storage area, empty. I look at the storage room for a moment. I’m finding it odd that it’s so empty as if it had been looted the person or people who did loot it would have done a very good job of doing so.

At the end of the corridor I’m seeing a stairwell spiraling up and down then when I reach the end the corridor opens up to a room on the left, a kitchen! I quickly walk into the kitchen and start checking the cupboards. Gosh this is such a big kitchen.

Big kitchen yes but I don’t find any food. I don’t find anything. I’m starting to have an odd feeling about the place. It’s too empty.

I decide to head downstairs. As I’m walking downstairs it starts to get dark. I consider going back up but before I do out of reflex I turn on a light switch that I make out on the wall. All of the sudden the lights come on. I stop.

How is there any power???

I stand there for a while pondering if I want to continue to go downstairs. Surely there can’t be anything bad down there.

With a bit of nerves I continue downstairs. At the bottom I enter another massive room. I turn on the light and… "OH MY GOSH"

Salene

I nod at Amber before she leaves and turn to Ruby. " You should sit down, this can last a moment" i tell her and she nods thankfuly and take a seat at on of our bags.
Watching the other kids which seems unsure what to think about that building, but at least no one is asking for food at the moment. So i take a deep breathe and start to glance arround. Hopefully this place would be safe…

I stare at the corridor as i here a scream. " Amber?" i shout back, oh no " Ruby please stay here" i shout at her before i run down the corridor. " Amber, where are you?"

@Eagle

Amber

I almost squeal in excitement. In front of me is only a wonderland of supplies. A massive room of supplies!

To the left of me are shelves upon shelves of canned food along with sweets and other edibles. To there is a huge cabinet of medical supplies. Next to that is a bookcase full of books and cds!. Around the walls of the room are shelves filled with different supplies, cooking utensils, fishing poles, cds, I could go on forever. It feels like i’m in a shopping centre

I hear Salene call out for me. “Salene I’m down here! It’s truly amazing” .

I start looking around the room in awe to figure out what exactly is in this room.

1 Like

Salene

I follow Ambers voice… " Somehting amazig" at least she doesn’t seems to be in danger. In the next corridor i look arround ans see some light. I walk towards it and reach the stairs. I grap the banister and stare downstairs

" Oh my god…" i stutter and walk downstairs and stop next to Amber. " Do you think all this is still eatable?"

Patsy:
I listen to what Zandra says and i nod my head. Maybe we can dig out way? I wonder. I tilt my head.Lets go somewhere thats not as visible as here? I suggest hopefully she agrees and we can move somewhere with less people.

@Zandra

I turn back to Patsy and not “Good idea” I said and glanced around to see where would be best “Over there, it’d be the hardest place for them to spot us without us seeing them coming first”

I head over to where I had pointed, it shouldn’t take too long to dig it out as there didn’t seem to be any guards wondering round at the moment.

Kneeling down not bothered about getting dirty I started digging my hands in and pulling the dry dirt into the cage and to the side. There was a lot of stones along the dirt but I ignored the feeling of my hands scratching against them.

I nod my head and follow @Zandra over to where she was pointing. I drop down on my knees and start to help her with digging a hole. The sand scratching against my fingers, it does not matter. My hands are bruised from before, so what does a few scratches more mean? Hopefully we will get outside.

I hope it works i whisper and throw a stone over my shoulder.

I glanced at Patsy “I think it should, there aren’t enough guards here for us not to notice if they are coming and they aren’t exactly quiet because they think you’ve all given up” I said softly.

I didn’t want to stop digging because if we stopped it would be hard to start again. I moved slightly away from Patsy to try and make the hole wider. Neither of us we slowing down.

I nodd my head slightly and continue to dig, Zandra moves a bit away and i continue to dig deeper into the hole and try to dig side ways. its hard and the sand is getting everywhere. Stopping is not an option. I still cant believe that Danni betrayed Zandra.

I continue to dig, and even try to use a stone to shovel away the sand.