A New Hope - retired

There are so many thoughts swirling in my head I can’t function at the moment. I just want to sit here staring at the ocean in a catatonic state. As I start, I’m vaguely aware Zandra has left the shelter of the tree line and gone back down the beach. She returns holding out my stick and blocking my view.

There is no mistaking the point she’s trying to make. It’s a thought that I’ve beaten myself up over nearly everyday since the explosion. I heard run and I ran. Once the smoke had cleared, I couldn’t get over my own fears to look at the body. It’s funny now with all the Death I’ve seen, but then it wasn’t. So yeah, my fault.

I grab the stick, and shake my head. “I’ll just slow you down.” They were obviously afraid of whatever laid claim to the beach and the tunnels didn’t exactly sit well with me, but I’ve also had a good life for the most part and beachlife isn’t exactly something I was built for.

@Zandra

I look at Patsy “We will regroup and then get the others” I say before turning my attention to Lex "Come on Lex just get up and move. You probably know this island better then either of us… " I sigh, this is harder work then it should be "Please Lex lets just move "

@Patsy

“Getting up isn’t the easiest task, if you haven’t noticed.” I don’t know what she expects me to do. Wave my magic wand and blast us off to anywhere but here and everything to be magically okay?

For the first several months after Eagle Mountain I’d wondered what would happen if I’d found her alive. In the end I decided it was stupid to think about it. I started up again when Amber came back, but as time went on I closed that door.

“This is what going insane must feel like.” I admit defeated.

((OOC: guys I thought I was ready for this. I planned it, and yet I can’t wrap my brain around it.))

1 Like

Amber

I enter onto the beach once more and walk to the building.

I get inside. Ruby and the kids aren’t in the entrance room anymore so I decide to call out. “Ruby! Salene!”'

@Catha

2 Likes

Salene

I took Bray Jr. from Ruby, so she can stand up easier and piont at he kids. “Come on, of we work together, we will have done this in no time” i tell them and good ahead. Sammy started to open the windows and Lottie start to air the blankets. As Ruby is almost at the rooms i piont at the first clean one. " Take a seat there, i will help the others" i tell her and handed Bray Jr. back.
I walk into the other room and grap a blanket Lottie is almost carrying. " Go and help Sammy" i wink at her. I know she hates this and at least she has clean up a few things. So i start to air everything

After some time think a hear someone calling out. So i turn arround and leave the room. During the corridor i spot someone " Amber?"

@Eagle

1 Like

Amber

I call out again ”Salene! Where are you guys?”

I start walking down the corridor towards the stairs

Salene

" We are here" i shout back at Amber and walk in her direction. As i am arround the corner i can see here. " Hey" i laugh

1 Like

Amber

I round the corner towards the kitchen. “Hey Salene! How’s everyone going?”**

I look around the kitchen, definitely more clean than before. “See you’ve been doing some cleaning” . I smile at her

Salene

" yeah Sammy and Lottie have been great" i smile back at her. " Have you found some of the others?"

1 Like

Amber

I look down and bite my lip. "No I didn’t but I might know where they have gone"

I started talking about what happened when I went searching for them, speaking about the hole I found and how Lex and Ram could have gone down there but we would have to be careful as there could be other people as well.

"I think if they’re not back by tomorrow we should search for them"

@Catha

I sigh again “No one said it was easy Lex but the more time you stay down there the longer it takes” I said grabbing him and pulling him back up “Whoever you have come here with, we need to re-group with them… There are more people in that cage, more old friend you probably thought were gone but we cant help them until we cant help them without some help” I tell him.

Pulling down the zipper to the waist, I rolled down the fabric and use the arms I tie it around my waist. Thankfully I was wearing a pink tank top under the uniform “Your not going insane Lex, your just overwhelmed with it all” I said and cast a look at Patsy “Right what way do we need to go?” I asked turning my focus back to him.

@Patsy @Lex

Right, because this is something that’s totally easy. I listen as she makes it sounds like I can snap my fingers and boom, fixed leg. My subconscious can be a real jerk, so I don’t see any point in arguing with it. She pulls me up and I realize I better support myself with the crutch or risk falling down into the sand again so I make quick work of the stick and hold myself up.

Mini heart attack under control, I hear Zandra explain how I’m not going crazy. Easy for her to say, I look at her to see that she’s rolled down her jumpsuit revealing a tank top underneath. My subconscious is such a jerk!

“There’s a creep tunnel that leads back to one hell of a hole.”

Salene

I listen to Amber and nod. " Just hoping the others will arrived soon. We can’t do all this on our own with the little ones hear" i answer her

1 Like

Amber

I look around the building. “Well I’m happy to make a start. It was quite refreshing walking through the growth, so I have a lot more energy now actually. Where would you like me to get started Sal?” I beam at Salene. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to take some pride in good, honest, work.

@Catha

Salene

I grin and Amber and her energy. Me for myself, i could just fall asleep while standing. " Ok, maybe Sammy and Lottie could bring the smaller bags to one room and we find a room for Ruby now?"

@Eagle

1 Like

Trudy
As the others started searching the compound, I manage to sneak of with Brady to another part of the building.
Even after all this time, I still know it like the back of my hand, and I have to do this, I have to make sure they don’t find out…
It’s just not safe…

With Brady sleeping on my back, the climb down those emergency stairs is more difficult then it was the last time I was here.
Ofcourse, she’s grown a lot from the tiny baby she was then.
As I reach my destination I put Brady down on the floor besides me.

Though I know we might all regret me doing this when night falls and the cold sets in, I see no other way.
Carefully I flip the first switch, causing the power to go out throughout the base, and then the next, turning on the sprinklers meant to stop a fire, just to make sure no one comes this way.
I pull out some of the wiring and the fuse box, destroying the electricity in this place until Ram decides to fix it.

Where is Ram anyways…

I pick Brady back up and make my way back inside.
Though I know she’s not gonna wake up happy, we slip back to the main area of the building, soaking wet from the sprinklers that are going off all around us…

2 Likes

beachball|

There’s a flash of colour as my vision is seemingly torn away from my brain and, at the same moment, a explosion of sensory feedback shoots through my nervous system like synthetic lightning, setting every neuron ablaze with a single message: Pain.

I inhale sharply and feel my body convulse, an agonised gasp escaping my throat. It feels as though my heart is pounding on the inside of my skull, trying to get out. My mind is racing so fast – so loud and bright – I can barely think. It’s excruciating.

Eventually, thankfully, the pain fades to an echo and I’m left drenched in sweat, choking for breath as I claw at the plastic shell of the headset covering my face – blinding me. My clammy hands making it difficult to grip the smooth surface but I finally manage to wrench it off and slump back with a breathless sigh.

“Oh, no way…” I almost laugh despite my aching everything as I glance down at the headset in my hands. This is way too much. I press a palm to my throbbing cranium, turning my head gingerly to look at my dim surroundings in amused bemusement. “No… way!”

OOC - There ya go, @Lex. Have at it. :joy: Also, anyone else whose character’s plot has hit a dead end and needs a fun spot to hop back in… :point_down::smirk:

itsfreeparadiseretcon

2 Likes

I massage my leg in preparations for the trek back to the tunnel and the beach. At this point what’s the worst that could happen? I’m slowly coming around to the idea that I’m not dead.

I catch Zandra’s eyes and muster a sheepish smile, “I’ve m…” I start to say something but the words quickly turn into pain. Every nerve ending is on fire, I feel myself contort to try and find some comfort, but there is none to be had. All I can do is scream.

When I manage to open my eyes I’m sitting next to Ram, well aware I’m in a Paradise rig. I wiggle my leg. Which was never broken. The spasm of being ripped from Paradise has left every muscle clenched and aching, but I manage to reach over and punch Ram in the arm. Doesn’t solve any problems but it makes me feel better for a moment.

1 Like

Lol well this is awkward I don’t think it is a way for me to jump back into it

OOC who says you aren’t in a paradise hook up next to Ram and Lex?