Mall Rats Return

Lottie

It felt so weird to step into the city, it felt different but also the same. It was almost like no time had passed, the only thing at the moment that could show that time had gone by was the fact I wasn’t a little girl anymore. I pulled my jacket tighter around me and took a deep breath as I walked deeper into the city. The deeper I went in the taller the buildings around me got, I knew I wasn’t far away from the mall as it’s building started to peak up and be in my view.

I stopped for a moment as the thought hit me, Were there any other Mall rats that had made their way back? Were some already there? Would there be some of them I know? I took another deep breath as I walked towards the Mall with my heart pounding away.

Even if it had been years the way in was still so easy to find, I walked in and as I approached the grille I saw two people, and none of them were someone I recognized. "Hello?"

@Zandra @Danni

1 Like

Eciov

I was lost for words as Salene mentioned Pride. I could feel my friend’s positive energy from behind as they had all heard about the amazing Pride. I held back the tears and happily enjoyed another hug with Salene. For a moment, I imagined Pride was embracing us too. Salene’s scent was so pure and flowery making me believe she was now a tree hugger like the rest of us.

The lovely Salene invited my friends and I to her nearby cottage. I nodded to Will, Nate and Dawn who followed us from behind. A short rest was exactly what we needed before we continued the hellish journey back to doomsdale. And as I already mentioned, this was destiny… I knew for a fact I had some persuading ahead of me though to convince Salene to join us…

It was so surreal after all this time reuniting with Salene. My tribe and I had foraged from this very spot before and never came across sweet Salene who was a stone throw away in her quaint, beautiful cottage.

Once the introductions were out of the way, Salene and I clucked away like chickens whilst The Everglades focus was on a game of cards.

It felt very bizarre being back in the company of Salene again but bloody terrific. She had been everything Will, Nate and Dawn are but wrapped up all in one in my eyes when I was just an infant.

Several green tea’s later, Sal and I had filled in the blanks since the day she had left me with The Eco’s. I now knew she had also been receiving red letters too.

I place my cup down and replace it with the last red letter I had received. I slowly begin to crush it in my hand. “So, what do you say? Join us four on the trip back to the city to put a stop to these bloody red letters, once and for all?” I toss the red letter down onto the table in front of us and stupidly grin. I move my hands beneath the table and cross my fingers.

@Salene

3 Likes

CALLAN

The girl at least seems to know the mallrats, but then anyone who had been around at the time knew them. They were the same level as the chosen and the technos, another tribe who thoughts they knew best.

She points out that the red envelopes would be calling back others, and I groan in response, just what we need. Almost as if by magic another girl appears, not how I wanted to start my day. Folding my arms I step back from the grille and clear my throat before yelling ’Luc,’ I pause, ’Luc, I think this is one for you!’ I was very pleased to note that at least neither of the girls had tried to come via the sewer entrance but if the red head was right it was only a matter of time before more people showed up which meant we needed to make sure our security was all in place.

@Zandra @Tribelover15

1 Like

Salene

It’s amazing to hear about everything Mouse… Eciov had done all these years, I can’t help but wonder what it would have been like if I had stayed with her and the Eco’s… I smile as I listen to her stories of love, trust, betrayal… The adventures she had gone on, the skills she had learnt from Hawk and the others and eventually being made a leader when some of the older leaders were unable to lead… How she recieved the letters, spoken to her tribe and decided its time for her to find out what’s going on… I open the drawer and remove the bundle of unopened letters, placing them on the table between us… I never opened them, I’m not interested…

"So, what do you say? Join us four on the trip back to the city to put a stop to these bloody red letters, once and for all?"

I stand up and move away from the table, looking to where her friends are playing cards and laughing…

"I can’t… I’m sorry…"

Mouse looks at me with a question of why on her face…

"I have a new life here, I haven’t been around anyone for years, if I leave here the cottage I worked so hard to rebuild will get taken over, I’ll loose everything I’ve worked hard for… Who know’s what we will find back in the city… There’s nothing and no one there for me my life is here"

My mind drifts back to all the take overs and loosing Ryan and the baby, then loosing Pride, almost loosing myself to alcohol… Every thing that happened, every memory is there in the city…

"I can’t" I whisper

I can see the disappointment in her eyes, for a moment I weaken, no, I’m strong…

@Jack

3 Likes

Luc

I thought I had heard something earlier but since none of the alarms had gone off it didn’t entice me to move and I’d simply put my headphones on to enjoy a bit of music until breakfast. That didn’t last long until I heard Callan shouting.

Walking out my room, I was surprised to see him by the grill and two girls on the other side of it, maybe that was the noise he heard earlier “Whatever your selling you don’t want it, unless it’s the two of you of course” I smirked walking over to stand by Callan “Mate I thought it’d be well within your skill to handle two women”

“Are you two needing somewhere safe to stay with some big strong men to look after you?” I asked still smirking, yes I was a dick but everyone knew it.

3 Likes

Zan

I looked over my shoulder when another woman appeared, maybe my words were too close to truth “Ex Mallrat?” I asked looking at her though didn’t get a chance to get an answer before pretty boy yelled for someone called Luc.

This guy could give Lex a run for his money “Funnily enough I don’t see any strong men around, just cocky pretty bots” I returned the smirk “Besides I doubt either of you could handle an actual woman nevermind two”.

The words just kept tumbling out of my mouth, I was never good at holding my tongue and dealing with things diplomatically.

2 Likes

Lottie

I frown a bit as I walked at the guy and yelled someone else’s name, I then turned my focus towards the girl with red hair. Yeah… My name is Lottie. what about you? are you with him? I asked pointing a bit towards the guy though I soon got my answer when another guy showed up. She must have been before me for sure as I did not remember her.

I raised an eyebrow looking at the other guy and then tried not to laugh as the other woman answered, “I must agree, not that we would actually need two strong men. For all you know we could be two strong women that can take care of our own” I said placing a hand on my hip before I took out the red envelope. "So you’re not responsible for this one?"

@Danni @Zandra

1 Like

Luc joins me and makes a comment about how we aren’t buying whatever the girl is selling. ’On a normal day, two is fine… but nothing about this is normal,’ I comment before handing him the envelope I’d shoved in my pocket.

The second girl pulls out another red envelope and I give Luc a look, whatever the hell was going on this wasn’t normal. ’I need coffee’ it was too early and I wasn’t awake enough to deal with this s••t. ’We aren’t responsible for any of this, you’re definitely in the wrong place, at the wrong time…’

Giving Luc a look I step away from the grille but rather than heading to the cafe I go down to the sewers to ensure that all the cover is secure and the traps are in place along with our early warning system, last thing we needed was more unexpected guests.

2 Likes

Zan

I watch the exchange carefully, though when one of the guys walks away I turn to Lottie “I’m Zandra, I have the pleasure of being an original Mallrats from the beginning” I smile at her before turning back to the guy who’s face doesn’t look impressed at the mention of ‘Mallrat’

“Clearly this is the right place, you know enough about the Mallrats to know that there are plenty of us and there must be a reason why we are being called back here” I try to think before speaking “Just let us in and we can try work this all out, I can assure you once its done I’ll be the first getting out of your hair”

2 Likes

Luc

I watch as Callan walks off “Thanks mate” I mutter turning back to look at the girls “Fucking Mall rats, god thats a name I haven’t heard for years, hell its a name I’m glad I haven’t heard for years.” I pause, the red envelops have been coming non stop and its been pissing me off.

“I don’t give a damn if you don’t want this place but you think I’m going to let your lot come in here? Do what we do, burn the fucking things” I let out a laugh “And you really think any more of your friends are stupid enough to come back because a letter is telling them? This city doesn’t want the almighty return of the Mall Rats so go crawl back into the sewers you have come from” I tell them standing my ground “This is my mall now”

I wasn’t sure what we’d do if they don’t leave but its gonna have to be a tribe discussion at some point if any more turn up.

2 Likes

Lottie

Wow an original Mallrats, I had known a few in Amber, Lex, Trudy, and a few more but to meet another felt surreal and kinda cool. I gave her a smile as I nodded my head, "Nice to meet you, Zandra, I guess I can call myself one of the last ones"

When one of the guys tells us they are not responsible for the letters I flipped the envelope between my fingers as I also bit down on my lip. “I don’t know if that information calms me or makes me more worried” Still not knowing who was behind the letters did not give me a sense of calm. “She is right, if others got these as well I’m sure many more will come back as well. Ignoring these? has not worked believe me on that” she could feel the rest of the letters burn a hole in her bag knowing how angrier and aggressive they got with time.

@Zandra @Danni

1 Like

Tally old rotten farm building

I look over the place. The building isn’t even save to stay in anymore. The vegetable field has gone wild. Good point here… Potatoes, carrots and some other things seem to grow even without humans pruning them.

Andy collected whatever he could find and stored it in the back case of the bumper car. I have to give my brother credit. He actually stored baby things in the bumper car too. He even had some water. It was almost like he was prepared we had to get away on short notice.

Andy hasn’t forgotten that lection of Ned. Don’t ever think yourself to be safe, the next Zoot just lurks around the corner I tried to forget a lot of it. I wanted this stable home so much. Well, we had it for years.

And it’s my fault we lost it. Why did I have to fall in love to a fuck-a-round Casanova? I face-palm, holding Leo with one arm.

"I fell in love with a Lex guy… How damn stupid have I been?" I feel Andy’s hand on my shoulder. He shakes his head. It means don’t even think it. Andy was friends with Zac. It must hurt him too in a way. I know he didn’t know he slept with other girls. He’d have warned me…

"It’s a shame Alice and Ellies home decayed like this…to be true… I hoped they maybe would be here. Alice at last…" I swallow down the lump in my throat. We both know that the farm rotting away, taken over by the nature, can only mean that Alice and Ellie are gone. Not dead, but clearly not living in the area anymore. But if so… If they aren’t living in the Mall anymore, will they have gotten letters too?

Andy and I ignored the letters. Andy ripped the first. I opened the second which said something about who really is responsible for your older brothers dead and asked us to come back to get payback on the person. From then on we ripped them again. Ned is dead. He played a dangerous and cruel game. We saw Bray suffering, worrying for Amber and his unborn child. When we understood Ned was the reason for it…It’s something we might never forgive him.

We don’t care who maybe betrayed him. We don’t go back because of the letters. It’s just as simple, that we don’t really know where to turn with my half year old son. If it would be only us, we’d just be traveling again.

Leo mutters in his sleep, wiggling his cute little nose, before doing a sleepy sigh. I smile, watching how Andy grins at his nephew and boops his nose. Leo might not have a dad. But he’ll have the best, funniest uncle…

With a sigh I rest my head on my brothers shoulder. "Us against the world again, hmm?"

@Jack

2 Likes

Andy

Alice’s old farm was a good rest stop even though it was shot to shit before the final descent back to the Mall. Even though our surroundings weren’t so appealing, my little family were. Listening to Tally got me thinking… I was extremely apprehensive about our future, but I know the role I have to play… No more fuckwits are going to tread all over my sister’s heart, that arsehole Zac can go eat horse shit and choke for all care! No one is going to lay a finger on my nephew! I will fight til I am black and blue to ensure my family are safe forever more.

Tally places her head on my shoulder and says, “Us against the world again, hmm?” I lean my head down onto hers. “Yep, here we go again… But this time it’s not just us.” I boop Leo once more on his little nose. “Whatever wanky power chaos crap awaits us back in the city, I won’t let anything or anyone hurt either of you. I promise to protect you both sis. You and he are my world.” I run my fingers through Leo’s ginger hair, of course. “Oh and our wheels of course. I couldn’t live without Bert & Ernie!” I smirk and feel Tally’s hand whip the back of my head.

@Zwenja

1 Like

Phoenix edge to the forest around the meadows at Eagle Mountain

Patting his stomach Kyle sighs. “That was a fine BRINNER!” I don’t even need sign language or my translator to understand him. I can read Sam and his lips like no one else’s. Maybe because they are the humans I spent now the most if my years on this planet with?! There is no one I know better, no one knows me better then they do

"It’s not a word!" Sam teases, “You understand it… So it’s a fucking word!” He teases back. Brinner is a word he created. BREAKFAST+DINNER. Among the bounty squad you learn that it more clever to travel from afternoon, well through the night. The darkness is your best friend. It covers you better. Especially if it’s clear winter nights like now.

So we travel from afternoon through night and stop at sunrise. We hunt then and cook a warm meal. We eat for breakfast what others would eat for dinner. BRINNER. I like the word. I cresated my own sign for it.

Sam crumbles the big leafs we used as plates and digs a hole to bury them along with the bones of the hare. I start wrapping up the left overs of the meat. We can eat those later with some of the durable bread we brought.

Kyle meanwhile breaks a small slap of very dark chocolate into pieces. It’s our nightly ritual. No matter it’s daylight now.

We then sit down next to him and he holds the pieces of the almost black treat. We eat, let it slowly and joyfully melt in our mouths. It’s not like chocolate before the virus. Or that often already gone stale stuff you could get in the first years after the virus. It’s purer. Not as sweet. More pure chocolate. It cost a fortune. But we can pay for it with our vegetables and organising stuff for the tribe who makes it on our hunts. I even often pay things with hunting wild chicken or hares for them.

"Do you think your old tribe will be impressed?" Sam signs to me. I look over at our three full rucksacks. We took chocolate, coffee, dried fruits… Alongside fresh veggies and fruits with us. We mostly eat things we can find and hunt now. So we keep our bags full as possible. Food is one valuable payment. “Maybe…” I sign back.

I have no clue. I think if my sister is around… She’ll might be impressed (after she probably beat the shit out of me for running away and getting myself caught).

I don’t understand even why after all this years…this letters… They warned me that I either come to the Mall or the mall comes to me. Stupid. Of course. But the intention behind it…does it mean that person who wrote them would give others the idea where I am? Guys like Lex would rub their hands and happily try to take what I have built up for myself. No. If I see them again, then far away from our place. On MY own conditions.

I yawn and look up as Sam gets up “Sleeping time boys!” She says, brushing earth over the now tiny fire.

Kyle stretches himself and starts to climb up a big tree. I follow and we both reach a hand out to Sam to help her up, who now holds a small bag. . She reaches us blankets and ropes from the small bag we wrap ourselves up and use the ropes to secure us to the thick tree branches. Then we pull up our big rucksacks, so they are hanging on ropes, just under us.

Make yourself safe and invisible, then take care of your luggage. Rule number one as a bounty hunter. We don’t always find a tree like this, where we can be close to each other. But now we have a tree were the breaches we are placed on, run together on the trees trunk. Our backs are placed against it.

Sam is between us. She leans to Kyle and kisses his cheek. Then does the same to me. Kyle and I lean in to her to the same time, kiss her cheeks.

Kyle grins and wiggles himself a bit over to kiss my cheek too. I roll my eyes with a grin. “Night dumbass…” I sign. He just snorts.

Sam takes a hand of each of us and laces her hands with ours. We all close our eyes. The tree has a thick crown, so sunlight doesn’t bother us too much. I am engulfed by absolute silence. I don’t really know anything else. I sometimes wonder how it might be for Sam and Kyle… They’d be hearing birds and whatever now…

Thoughts slip…sleep…

Tally

"Yep, here we go again… But this time it’s not just us.” Andy boops Leo once more on his little nose.

“Whatever wanky power chaos crap awaits us back in the city, I won’t let anything or anyone hurt either of you. I promise to protect you both sis. You and he are my world.”

I sniffle a bit. Becoming an uncle made my oh so cool brother really emotional. Though we always meant the most to each other. But before I can say a thing, he goes on.

“Oh and our wheels of course. I couldn’t live without Bert & Ernie!” He smirks and I lift my hand and clap in on the back in his head.

"You’ll never learn when to stop talking hmm? No wonder you often ruin a chance for a real romance…" I tease. I think he really never has been in love. Liked a guy or a girl. Yeah. Enjoyed some hot night. Yeah. But being in love? Nope. Maybe he is right with that though. Look we’re love brought me too!

I look down on my son. No. Even when Zac smashed my heart… Leo is the best. A mother’s love is… I never expected a love so hot and fierce filling me.

"I think I found the love of my life… It wasn’t Zac. It’s Leo. Whatever waits there… If it’s not safe… We scrap together whatever we can get our hands on and leave again. Maybe… Well… We aren’t completely untrained now anymore. Maybe we can built up the farm again? Who knows…"

Right then Lro interrupts my thoughts, giving a loud scream like he’s roasted over a fire. Andy jumps a little. I giggle " Oho… Someone unconfortable…?" I say, feeling his bum.

Andy makes a face. I shove him playfully. "Don’t throw up now strong caveman!"

I go and take Leis small blanket, place it on the ground. I open his worn out onesie (try getting baby clothes in our world. Good luck!) and open the selfmade nappy. “Uhhh…” I am thankful now for the time we spent in the mall. That’s at last something I learnt from Trudy. How to make nappies from cloth and clean them again.

A woman in our trailer park showed me how to clean Leo up and taught me how to make a cream from herbs. I use that and wrap him in a clean nappy. Then I dress him back on and reach him to Andy. “I need to clean this asap…” I explain and toss it into and old bucket, add a bit of water and put it over the small fire we have started when we took a rest here. Cooking it out is the best way…

@Jack :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Eciov

As expected Salene say’s she can’t. The look in my eyes was sheer disappointment. The Everglades had been listening the entire time too.

I stand and place my hand on her shoulder. “I completely get what you are saying Salene. But if you cared about your life and this home as much as you say you do, you will return with us. I have a feeling the letters will not stop coming and eventually it will be more than just a red letter coming for you. And all this could be lost just like that. I don’t want to put the willy’s in you, but ignoring the red letters this little life you now lead won’t be so pleasant…” I felt terrible saying what I had, however it was all logical. Myself and my friends had made this choice to protect our home and family. So Salene didn’t have a big tribe like I first thought, her basket containing her food was just for her. Greedy cow! I have a good feeling she isn’t eating it and puking it back up, Salene had come along way since the beginning… However, she did have this wonderful home she kept raving on about. So to keep this treasure, surely she would accept the invitation?

And just like that before Salene could respond to what I had said, Nate the beating heart joined us on the opposite side of her. Doing what he does best. “How about you continue the rest of the way with Eciov, Dawn and Will whilst I take care of your delightful home?” He waves his hand out in the air. “I will then send a message to The Everglades and in my place Hawk’s 16 year old daughter, Raven who is very much like you will stay here so I can tie back up with you guys in the city. How about it chestnut?” I give him a little smile and nod.

@Salene

1 Like

Salene

Mouse comes over and places her hand on my shoulder…

“I completely get what you are saying Salene. But if you cared about your life and this home as much as you say you do, you will return with us. I have a feeling the letters will not stop coming and eventually it will be more than just a red letter coming for you. And all this could be lost just like that. I don’t want to put the willy’s in you, but ignoring the red letters this little life you now lead won’t be so pleasant…”

I look at her confused… Why would they be threatening, I haven’t seen or spoke to anyone for years I haven’t done anything to anyone WHY would they threaten me, I dont have anything, before I can ask one of the guys with Mouse walks over to me the other two are watching…

"How about you continue the rest of the way with Eciov, Dawn and Will whilst I take care of your delightful home?” Nate smiles and waves his hand out in the air. “I will then send a message to The Everglades and in my place Hawk’s 16 year old daughter, Raven who is very much like you will stay here so I can tie back up with you guys in the city. How about it chestnut?”

I see Mouse/Eciov give him a nod and a smile…

"Please come with us" Dawn smiles "I’d love to hear more about what Eciov was like before she joined the Eco Warriors, She doesn’t talk about that time much"

I see Mouse’s face drop a little, she had a brother who vanished, we couldn’t find him, something in her face tells me she has never found him… I look at the floor…

"I know your scared" Will says looking at me "We will keep you safe, I promise and Raven, she is an amazing girl, she will make sure you cottage is well looked after"

There’s something else he want’s to say but doesn’t…

I look around at each of them and know I can’t argie with all of them…

"Okay" I sigh "If you can assure me I won’t loose everything I have here, I’ll go… If we get to the city and there is nothing there, I won’t be staying"

"I’ll personally escort you home" Will smiles

Yeah sure you will… I bite my tongue so I don’t blurt it out, I don’t know what to make of him…

1 Like

Eciov

With the backup from The Everglades heart, brain and muscle Salene had agreed to the return. WHOOP WHOOP! However, a part of me was a little sad though as it meant we had to say goodbye to Nate temporarily. But it was a sacrifice worth making to ensure no harm reared it’s ugly head at Salene’s doorstep.

I slyly give Will a little dig in his ribs before I clap my hands together and speak to everyone. “So without further ado, Salene pack a bag. Nate, lend her a hand and take note of Salene’s house rules etc. Will, scout around for anything you think is worth taking with us. Just remember though, your be carrying it Hulk.” I then look at Dawn. “And Dawn… Erm, fire up that brain and erm… I dunno just look pretty…” I then see she is fixing something in her hand. “Or whatever that it is you are doing.” She looks up and with a smile says, “You’ll see. And what about you?” I give her a disapproving look. “I am the home. So that means only one thing…” I dive into my back pocket and beaming from cheek to cheek I pull out my pink feathery gloves. There faces were a picture. I glance at Salene. "This place is pretty spotless, but I am just going to give it the Eciov spruce up… Spit spot everyone!"

@Salene

Andy

Tally teases me by saying, “You’ll never learn when to stop talking hmm? No wonder you often ruin a chance for a real romance…” I could easily tease back her back but instead I pull a face at her which she doesn’t notice. Which was a good thing as she went on to say how the love of her life is Leo which was so sweet before he screamed his little butt off. I jumped a little and once again pulled a face but this time it was at Leo who had erupted in his nappy. With a playful shove Tally says, “Don’t throw up now strong caveman.” I back away from the carnage and watch Tally change little Leo. Now it was safe to do so, I step forward just like always after a nappy change and take Leo in my arms.

I rock him from side to side and begin to sing softly the little song I had made up for him. Tally wasn’t so keen on the song, but she couldn’t help but laugh every time I sung it to little Leo.

:musical_note: “Leo the lion is the king of the jungle
And his poo’s are small and curly
Leo the lion when he fart’s it’s a warning
That you’d better run away and hide.”
:musical_note:
His face lit up with a cheeky smile. I tickle him on his belly and he starts to giggle.
"One more time and then Uncle Andy needs to feed Bert and Ernie their juice…
:musical_note: Leo the lion is the king of the jungle
Leo the lion when he farts it 's a warning
That you’d better run away and hide."
:musical_note:

@Zwenja

2 Likes

Salene

It doesn’t take long for Eciov to start giving orders…

"So without further ado, Salene pack a bag. Nate, lend her a hand and take note of Salene’s house rules etc. Will, scout around for anything you think is worth taking with us. Just remember though, your be carrying it Hulk. And Dawn… Erm, fire up that brain and erm… I dunno just look pretty…Or whatever that it is you are doing.”

“You’ll see. And what about you?” Dawn challenges

“I am the home. So that means only one thing…”
Eciov grins

She pulls something from her pocket… Pink, feathered gloves… I stand surprised AND confused but can’t help the small smile as I remember Zandra and her pinks feathery washing up gloves she’d use when ever she changed Brady or anything that to her was ‘dirty work’

"This place is pretty spotless, but I am just going to give it the Eciov spruce up… Spit spot everyone!"

"Will, If you look in there" I point to the room that reminds me of a panic room "There are still some supplies in there, I think the people who lived here before me had it made as a panic room and they had a huge stockpile of supplies"

I watch as he opens the door…

"Wow, they were ready for the end of the world" he gasps in surprise

"With it being just me here I don’t use a huge amount of things, I also reuse things where I can, like the candles, I always save the left over wax and remake more" I say

It’s what I picked up from Pride and Amber through the years

Eciov smiles at me…

"Come" Nate smiles "Show me around your home"

Nate holds out his hand, I see Will look over before going back to what he is doing, I smile and lead Nate towards my bedroom…

"Wow" he gasps "You have done really well in restoring this cottage"

"It’s not perfect, I did what I could within my skills, there’s still loads that need fixing"

I pull out my back pack and start putting in a few of the clothes I own and what ever bit’s I’ll need as Nate looks around…

"Would you be offended if I helped you out?" he asks as he stands by the window "I can repair a few things while your away"

"No" I smile and shake my head "I couldn’t ask you to do that"

Nate walks back over to me and places his hand on my shoulder…

"I can see how much you mean to Eciov, A frend of hers is a friend of the Everglades" he smiles "Besides it will take a few days for Raven to get here and I have time so I’ll need something to do"

"Thank you, I appriciate it"

I finish putting my boots on then put my coat on, looking around…

"I love this cottage" I sigh

"Are you ready, Eciov will want to leave so you can get as close to the city as possible while the suns up"

I nod and we make our way back down to the kitchen, Will is putting the boxes back into the panic room, I watch as he and Dawn seperate the supplies between their packs and declare they are ready to go… I go to the water filter and fill up my water bottle that I use, then I grab the pile of unopened red letters and shove them in my bag…

"I guess I’m ready to go as well" I say with a swallow…

"It will be okay" Will smiles "We will protect you"

"It’s not that, I’m terrified of what waits for us, and all the bad memories"

Will smiles and rubs my arm, it’s weird but I do feel some what safe with Mouse, Will and Dawn… Eciov smiles and packs away the things she pulled from her pack, she says something quietly to Nate and then we leave the safety of my little cottage to go to the big bad city and the unknown…

(Eciov and the Everglades moved with permission, Jack and Zwenja both have permission to move my charators when needed)

@Jack

2 Likes

Tally

Leo the lion is the king of the jungle
Leo the lion when he farts it 's a warning
That you’d better run away and hide.

Andy sings a second time to Leo. I always have to laugh at it, though it’s really not the most appropriate lullaby. But right now it’s the melody that Leo enjoys. He can’t understand the words.

I take Leo from him “Go and feed your baby now…” I say with a nod to Ernie and B… Fuck! No I won’t start calling the machine by a name!..a nod at the motorcycle.

Andy grins like he knows. "And you’ll stop singing this song as soon as he understands! I mean it!"

His grins gets mischievious. He’ll probably teach Leo everything about pranks and jokes.

"Your uncle us crazy baby boy. Don’t listen to everything he tells you, okay?" Leo yawns and his eyes fall close. Aren’t I a hypocrite? Hoping my son won’t grow into a trickster. I tricked around with Andy from young age on… We never were the good kids. But how could we have been even? With a brother like Ned?

@Jack (feel free to get us closer to the city or even in​:woman_shrugging:) (I also give permission to @Jack and @Salene to move my characters when needed four a scene)

2 Likes