Casting Call - The Tribe Tribute Performance Group and Fan Club

I have always had a passion for singing and have been performing now for many years, however because of my success in other fields, I have never pursued a career in music. Recently, I have become very passionate about the music from The Tribe and now I’m looking to put together a tribute singing group dedicated to The Spirit of The Tribe.

The original idea was to get a group of singers together for some stage performances and videos, but at this time I am reaching out to the online tribe community for some input and to offer a chance to participate in something really cool!Here are some of the kinds of people I am lookin for:

The Singing Group - we would be covering the music from The Tribe, including the Abe Messiah Album and hopefully we can write some originals as well! I’m thinking myself (Tenor) and one other male vocalist (Either a Bass or another tenor) and two female vocalists. I have a few people in mind here on the west coast but all are welcome to join in whenever you are available as there will be no limit on the size of the group. Singers of all levels are encouraged to join in:

• Male Voice 1 - Myself (Zak)
  • Male Voice 2 -
  • Female Voice 1 -
  • Female Voice 2 -

I recognize that most of the people reading this post probably do not sing or dance, but I HAVE seen a great deal of Tribe Spirit going around and EVERYONE is encouraged to participate in any small way that they can. Some of the people I have in mind include:

• Makeup Artists
  • Costume designers
  • Creative Artists/ Illustrators
  • Photographers
  • Photo and Video Editors
  • Dancers
  • Composers
  • Singer/Songwriters
  • Cosplayers
  • Storytellers/ FanFiction Writers
  • Bloggers/ Social Media/ Alt Press
  • Die-Hard Tribe Fans
  • Musicians
  • DJs
  • Guitarists
  • Bass Players
  • Live Drums/ Misc. Percussion Section
  • Keys/ Pianist

Anyone possessing these skills are encouraged to participate in any form, no matter how small it may seem. Any questions or suggestions are also welcome. What should we call the band? Who will make the costumes? Would anyone here come to the shows? Should we come to your town? Your birthday? Are there any ladies looking to cosplay The Smile and open for us at a show??? The possibilities are as endless as what happened to Ryan after he escaped the chosen mines in season 5 (I hope).

I would urge anyone reading this post to join our tribe - regardless of your perceived level of talent, your location, or your time restrictions - because if we work together there is no limit to what we can achieve! We already have full written permission from Cloud 9 and the blessing of Ray Thompson, himself including the offer to share the fruits of our labors on the official Youtube and Facebook channels for tribe fans around the globe! Message me for more details.

Tribe Fans Stay True, And Remember -
“If we’re gonna survive,
The dream must stay alive.”

Hey! I would absolutely love to be one of the singers. I think I can sing wellish but I’ll let you be the judge of that :smiley:

@Eagle that’s so awesome! Message me and I’ll give you the run down on plans so far for material/ logistics of this kind of project. Once we have a few collaborators, we can start planning and practicing from home!

BAND UPDATE -

I’m very happy to say that the band is coming along much quicker than I had expected! While there doesn’t seem to be a very large following for The Tribe here in Los Angeles/ Southern California, there are quite a few talented musicians who have been more than eager to jump aboard! I have a friend named Ben in North Hollywood who produces great music and plays amazing guitar! First off, he has offered to help with the backing tracks for the live performances! We are also adapting some of the soundtracks from the show to be some fun power-metal instrumentals just for the heck of it so hopefully we will be able to show you those someday!

In the meantime, I will also be working with an extremely talented singer who lives in San Fransisco and has auditioned to sing the female leads on songs like Spinning, The Tribe Spirit, and of course The Dream Must Stay Alive. Ben and I are currently working out the musical arrangements. So far we have an acoustic version of The Dream Must Stay Alive, and one of my favorite songs of all time - This Is The Place.

I will be posting a video as soon as possible but with several other projects in the mix (I recently took a promotion at work and I have an unrelated studio album coming out in October for instance) I’m not sure when there will be time or resources to put something together.

I could still certainly use some help with the costume design, artwork, etc. and I am always open to any creative talent sent my way so don’t be a stranger - we’re all one tribe here!

Can’t wait for our first rehearsal and to share this beautiful music with more people! Thanks guys, Keep The Dream Alive…

2 Likes

Quick Band Update - We have finished primary recording on the unrelated studio album! It’s taken a long time and a lot of work to get it done but now that we are going into post production I will have more time to dedicate to The Dream. Hope all is well - first ever band exclusive coming soon! Stay tuned, Stay true, Stay tribe!

1 Like

My friend and I have been working out some songs and we have a few so I may try to get a performance together or find some open mics this year and tape it as promised. There’s plenty in store for The Dream (working project title for the band) this year and I’m looking forward to enjoying more of your stories and artwork. (And this years photo challenge!) Here is a link to me testing the camera - I think you’ll recognize the tune :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: More content coming soon… I’m a vert so you’ll have to copy/paste https://youtu.be/HiDQu4XAzfk

P.s. this is a tough one without accompaniment so pardon my (dry) voice on this (test) video. I’ll post another video from that day with no singing when I get a chance lol.

If we’re gonna survive, the dream must stay alive…

2 Likes

Here is the instrumental outtake from my last video.

Better content coming slowly but surely lol. May do an extended mix with the outro included. I have a few places to play once I get a set list going so keep posted! As always, seeking musicians/ creatives in Los Angeles and beyond.

2 Likes