In Transit (for ShardyXo | 2020)

‘In Transit’ (Season 4)

“This ones pretty,” declared Wizard as he stroked Cloe’s face. She did not flinch, the injection had made her motionless. “Indeed she is, but she is damaged goods. This is the dirty virt that made Ved’s heart flutter and will lead to his undoing,” responded Stats. Wizard turns to face his fellow Techno and grins. “Oh, so another Mall Rat. The Collector will be pleased. It won’t be long now then until Ved falls allowing Mega to move up the ranks and begin his takeover of dethroning our dumb ass red devilled horn leader. I thought the day would never come.” Stats high fives his Techno buddy. “Well its coming. The not so shy Mega we found all those years ago is ready to unleash his wrath.” The two Techno’s both smirk wide and laugh hard as Wizard slams the container shut leaving a still Cloe staring blankly at the hard shell she was being transported in. A single tear creeped out and descended down her pale brown skin from her right eye.

With a clenched fist Ved was pacing the floor in his bedroom at the hotel. His eyes were blood shot, his hair was scruffy and his face was a light shade of red. He looked like death. He hadn’t taken the news of Cloe being removed well. Ved knew he had to get his act together so took a deep breath and loosened his locked fists. He wasn’t going to give up on her though. Ved kicked off his boots and unzipped the tight black Techno uniform revealing his naked torso beneath. He released his arms and tugged down at the waist to reveal a snug pair of white Calvin Klein’s. A Techno with taste. The uniform now at his ankles was pulled over his feet and tossed aside. His perk butt in the skimpy underwear wiggled its way to his shower.

A huge ship drifted across the ocean. The upper deck was lined with red, blue and green containers. Techno’s in their black uniforms could be seen walking in between. Every single container held a single virt. A dismantled Cloe was scrunched up in the corner of hers with her legs pulled into her chest, her face down on her knees with her hands behind her head. She lifted her hands and raised her head. Cloe looked like the scared little girl Amber and Dal had found all those years ago. Reaching forward she grabbed a small single stone that had found its way into the container. She nudged herself out of the corner a little and began to scratch writing into the container metal frame. As she did this she quietly sung what she was writing. “Keep me here. My heart is near. My love has gone a-way. Tell me true. My heart is new. My love has gone a-way.”

Ved tied the towel at his waist. His face looking fresh as drips of water cascaded down from the blonde sleeked back hair. He glided over to his computer monitor and brought up a picture of Cloe and began to write something underneath. As he typed he softly sung what he was writing. “It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you.”

“Speak to me. My heart is free. My love has gone a-way. Tell me true. My heart is blue. My love has gone a-way.” As she curled the bottom of the y, Cloe screamed and pelted the stone across the container. Lifting herself up, she moped over to the single object within the container. It was a small camping bed with a green sleeping bag and one single flat pillow. There on the pillow a picture of Ved had been placed. Cloe could feel her mouth begin to widen, she was smiling. Moving down to lay on the bed she held the picture of Ved in one hand close to her heart and the other she placed just below her belly button.

“It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you.” The same words kept leaving his mouth and being inserted on to the screen as he tapped the keyboard. The shower had done him the world of good for his appearance but he still hurt inside. He was prepared to fight for her. Ved stroked the computer screen where the picture of Cloe was positioned as a little smile spread across his face. A moist Ved swung the chair around and took a few steps before collapsing down on to his bed. He laid flat but it seemed something beneath the towel was beginning to stir.

“It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you. It’s okay. I know someday I’m gonna be with you.” Both in separate beds, one on water and one on dry land they were looking up softly singing thinking of the one they loved, keeping their future and dreams alive. One day, they would be together again but for now it was going to be sometime… The days of purgatory awaited first…

1 Like

‘The IN between (Season 4 – Season 6)

LOADING-INTIALIZING, PURGATORY AWAITS… AGAIN!

Cloe is sat on the edge of the rooftop of the Centre City Plaza Mall. Legs held into her chest. She begins to sing.

“Take me to the rooftop
I wanna see the world when I stop breathing
Turning blue
Tell me, love is endless, don’t be so pretentious
Leave me, like you do (like you do)”

Cloe rises to her feet and looks over her shoulder. A few of the Mall Rats all in Techno uniforms are just staring blankly at her.

“If you need me
Wanna see me
Better hurry
'Cause I’m leaving soon”

She takes one final look and they evaporate and instead appears Ved dressed as a virt. But it was too late Cloe had stepped off the ledge. As the plummets to the ground flapping like a bird, she looks devastated but continues to chirp out in song.

“Sorry, can’t save me now
Sorry, I don’t know how
Sorry, there’s no way out (sorry)
But down, mm down”

She splashes down into the ocean and then bops to the surface. There on the beach stood Ved, but now dressed as Zoot holding his arms in the way Zoot did.

“Taste me, the salty tears on my cheek
That’s what a year-long headache does to you
I’m not okay, I feel so scattered
Don’t say I’m all that matters
Leave me
Déjà vu”

She begins to become frantic in the water. Ved stays stationary on the sand thrusting his crossed arms above his head still like Zoot would when shouting, ‘Power & Chaos’. Realising it isn’t her Ved, she has to go. A white horse gallops along the sand.

“If you need me
Wanna see me
You better hurry
I’m leaving soon”

Cloe descends into the water, falling further and further to the bottom of the ocean bed. Bubbling underneath the surface she still manages to sing in song.

“Sorry, can’t save me now
Sorry, I don’t know how (sorry)
Sorry, there’s no way out (sorry)
But down, mm down”

Laying flat on the ocean’s bed she closes her eyes. Upon reopening them she can see the sky. She lays in a deep hole dug out in the sand. Next to her laid, a bloody dead, Ved. Looking up she sees a face she doesn’t recognise which is revealed to be Mega. He is shovelling sand on top of her as she sings her final words. Bob the dog, appears as a formation in the clouds above.

“Call my friends and tell
Them that I love them
And I’ll miss them
But I’m not sorry
Call my friends and tell them that I love them
And I’ll miss them
Sorry”

The sand is now flat and just a cross pokes up out of the sand, ‘Cloe & Ved – ‘Just A Pair Of Dirty Virts’. The formation of cloud showing Bob disappears as the sky turns grey and thunder strikes.

PURGATORY COMPLETE, RESTARTING-LOADING

‘The Return, Part 1’ (Season 6)

Amber, Lex, Ebony, Salene, Jack and Slade in turn climbed down the ladder into what they had hoped was now an abandoned Techno base. It was pitch black as Amber first descended to the bottom. It seemed the Techno’s were not home or now operated in darkness? Jay was keen to join them to reunite with his brother, but Amber had insisted he stayed with the others being the muscle and all. A fortnight had passed since Mega’s defeat and the Mall Rat’s had fled escaping the virus he had unleashed. It hadn’t been long until Lex called for a tribe meeting as the trawler pumped away from the city. He informed them all of the discussion he had had with Mega regarding their missing friends. Deleted just meant transported. Arriving to the island that matched the coordinates, they felt defeated. Had Mega fooled Lex? The island was empty. There wasn’t a soul in sight. All that remained was a row of empty cages on the beach. It seemed once Mega had perished, the Techno’s had disbanded their posts and opted for a new direction in life? Trudy especially felt uneasy with the decision to stay on the island whilst they took a break before setting off for another island in case it was all one big trap. The Mall Rats were now so set on finding their missing friends, they were prepared to visit all the surrounding islands and if that failed, it was a return to the city. They could only assume the prisoners that were held here wanted to get away as far as they could from a place they had suffered. On the first day they arrived they set up camp in the bush just off the sand. May, Ellie and Lottie headed off in search of food but hit the jackpot when they discovered a huge derelict resort. They carefully approached and scouted it out and were amazed it was exactly how it would have been from before the virus that took away their parents. They quickly shared their discovery with the rest of the tribe so they all happily packed up and settled into the resort. The next few days between the tribe they had explored the whole island. The hotel they were residing in was the only building on the island. This made no sense to the tribe. If the Techno’s were not using this place then where on earth was their base? It made them think what Mega had told Lex had been a lie, but it was Ram who figured they must have been working underground. Another few days had passed and Ram’s theory was confirmed when a hatch was discovered by the not so bright Darryl and Sammy on one end of the island and a second was revealed by new friends Ruby and Ebony. A lot had changed since leaving the city. On discovering these hatches it meant it was now time to see what laid beneath this island. Slade was the last down the ladder joining the first troops on unearthing what the Techno’s were doing here and ideally their missing friends. Amber had struggled finding a switch since she first got to the bottom but it wasn’t until Slade was down she stumbled on the switch. Pulling the switch down the lights came on illuminating where they stood and revealing one long corridor with others branching off the central corridor. There must have been hundreds of doors, each containing 1 tiny pane of glass in the centre. This wasn’t going to be a 5 minute mission.

They began searching. It wasn’t long until Jack was connected to a computer to see if there was anything he could discover whilst the other 5 entered each and every door. Some were empty and others contained computer software.

It was now dark outside and Amber, Slade, Lex, Salene and Ebony were beneath the 2nd hatch on the other side of the island. Jack was still tapping away on a computer on the other side. There was just 9 doors left. Lex peered through the pane of glass, his eyes popped. There was light within the room. Every room prior had involved switching on a light to see what was within. “This is it,” he shouts. Reaching the next door Ebony up on her tip toes also discovers there is light inside. “I think you could be right Lex.” Slade, Salene and Amber all move to their next door and again each room was lit. Salene bursts, “It looks like holding chambers.” Slade adds, “That would be where the light is coming from.” Amber looks along to her friends and says, “Let’s do this.” In unison they all pushed open the door they stood in front of.

Shocked looks, mouths dropping, eyes bulging were just a few facial reactions to what the Mall Rats had discovered. In this same moment Jack had discovered also what laid in the final rooms. Pressing print on the file he waited for the wad of papers to print. Sweat was beginning to drip from his forehead, his foot tapping impatiently. The last page ejected itself. He bolted up from his seat, grabbed the tablet from the desk and ran as fast as he could hoping his friends hadn’t reached the last doors.

Lex thrusted himself up against the first chamber in his room. Inside was a body. Getting closer the first thing he notices is green spiky hair. Even though his face was hidden by a different VR device that covered just his eyes, Lex knew exactly who was contained inside. “Wow! My not so little partner in crime, hello buddy!” Lex knew he wasn’t going to be heard. Lex wanted to get his old friend KC out but if he was here that could mean Taisan was also in this very room. Lex began to check each chamber. He was pleased to see whom laid in the next, it was his favourite redhead, Alice. He strokes the top of the chamber. “Please be nice to me when we get you out. You give me the willies.” He chuckles but quickly moves on to the next chamber. Lex fell on to the next, it was her. His Taisan. Lex frantically starts to yank at the chamber struggling to find a way off opening it.

Amber edged close to the first chamber in the room she had entered. She could feel her legs buckle beneath her. It was Hawk from her old tribe the Gaians. Grabbing the chamber kept her up. She quickly darted to the next to show the sweet little Mouse. Amber tugged at the side of it but she knew it wasn’t going to be as simple as that. Coming to the bottom of the chamber she notices a keypad similar to a keyboard. Each chamber must have a code or a letter sequence to unleash the seal. Amber was hopeful this was something Jack will have discovered in his search. She darts out and into the room Salene had entered. Salene looked up. “Jet and the Gulls are in here. I just don’t see a way out for them.” Amber is breathing heavily. “I found the Eco’s. This is unbelievable. I wonder who the others have found. I noticed at the end of the chamber there are keypads, I am hoping Jack will be our saviour.” Salene grabs Amber, “Let’s check in on the others Amber.”

Ebony had frozen looking at the body that laid beneath her. Inside was The Guardian. Good old Amber will want to save everyone but surely this was their time to rid of all evil. And what a better way than being left in a locked box. He is still alive but imprisoned. This made the most logical sense in Ebony’s head. She edges towards the next chamber and inside is Luke. “It seems the Techno’s were rallying up tribes down here and feeding them something through VR. Whatever the warped wombat Mega was planning, his followers obviously didn’t.” A cold shiver ran down her spine, she decides to make her way to check in with Slade. Reaching his side she discovered he had found the room containing the Jackals. Ebony recognised the singing trio, Lips, Teeth and Dimples in the first few chambers. Slade sees Ebony coming over. “Releasing a virus in the city and now this here, maybe it’s a good thing he has gone.” Her tiny frame in comparison to Slade reached around him, they held each other. Ebony didn’t want to let go, The Guardian wasn’t the only one she didn’t want to know was down here. Just when everything had been smoothed over, she didn’t want to resurrect bad blood with Bray, Alice, Moz to name just a few. Ebony gulped as her grip tightened around Slade’s waist.

Amber and Salene hurled themselves into the room where Lex was. They realise exactly who laid in this room, the Mall Rats. This was clear by Lex’s actions. He was on top of a chamber hitting down on it, they knew he had found Taisan. Amber is still. Salene brings a hand up on to her shoulder, “That means…” Before Salene can say his name, Amber does, “… Bray could be here.” Amber and Salene begin moving down the room. After KC, Alice and Taisan the next chamber was Cloe. Salene’s face lit up.

Amber just like Lex was keen to find one particular chamber. She skipped past one and collapsed to the floor where inside she could see the smooth brown hair flopping down with his braid still positioned in place. It was Bray, the father of little Bray. Amber couldn’t fight back the tears. Salene had to focus, she knew Amber had found him. Checking the one Amber had passed by, Salene was happy to see Mouse’s brother Charlie inside. Touching Amber on the shoulder as she passed she looked into the chamber containing Bray. Salene smiled. This all felt so surreal. No Patch or Dee she wondered, Salene had a good feeling they were somewhere safe far away from the city living the dream. The next two along contained Andy and Tally. It was the next Salene broke upon. She was not expecting to see who laid in front of her. The Mall Rats believed The Chosen had executed her but here she was. It was Patsy.

1 Like

LOADING-INTIALIZING, PURGATORY AWAITS… AGAIN!

Patsy is sat in a doll’s house resembling the Mall at a table in the café with one blue robed Chosen guard and the backstabber, Ebony. Their eyes are snitched up. A young Brady crying in a tiny baby bath full of hot tea on the next table.

“I live inside my own world of make-believe

Kids screaming in their cradles, profanities

I see the world through eyes covered in ink and bleach

Cross out the ones who heard my cries and watched me weep”

Zoot has appeared in the empty chair next to her and is laughing as the doll house is alight around them. Patsy looks psychotic.

“I love everything

Fire’s spreading all around my room

My world’s so bright

It’s hard to breath but that’s alright

Hush

Shh”

Patsy’s head is smashed down on to the table by Trudy as the Supreme Mother. Patsy then rises back up with pins through her eyelids to keep them open. Brady’s screams continued as Trudy held the baby tub over the railing of the upper floor. Patsy was now far skinnier sat at the table with a skinnier version of two Salene’s. Conjoined twins, connected at the head. They are relentless stuffing cakes into each other’s mouths.

“Tape my eyes open to force reality (Oh no, no)

Why can’t you just let me eat my weight in glee?

I live inside my own world of make-believe

Kids screaming in their cradles, profanities

Some days I feel skinnier than all the other days

Sometimes I can’t tell if my body belongs to me”

The twins fade and Zoot once again is in the one chair that only he seemed to sit at. He smiles and throws burning books up into the air.

“I love everything

Fire’s spreading all around my room

My world’s so bright

It’s hard to breath but that’s alright

Hush

Shh”

Zoot has become behind her and clasped his hand over her mouth and he starts to sing gleefully. Trudy sways up on the table holding an empty baby tub.

“I wanna taste your content

Hold your breath and feel the tension

Devils hide behind redemption

Honesty is a one-way gate to hell

I wanna taste consumption

Breathe faster to waste oxygen

Hear the children sing aloud

It’s music ‘til the wicks burn out

Hush”

The fire has settled and Patsy opens her eyes. Zoot and Trudy’s heads both on plates. KC as The Oracle is sat in the seat where only Zoot had sat. Now KC begins to sing.

“Just wanna be care free lately, yeah

Just kicking up daisies

Got one too many quarters in my pockets

Count ‘em like the four-leaf clovers in my locket

Untied laces, yeah

Just tripping on daydreams

Got dirty little lullabies playing on repeat

Might as well just rot around the nursery and count sheep”

Patsy was now smiling. KC had made it all go away. He leans forward to kiss her. Patsy puckers her lips and closes her eyes. CRACK. KC had snapped her neck.

PURGATORY COMPLETE, RESTARTING-LOADING

Patsy wasn’t aware that this was one of the final times she would suffer the world of Purgatory. But before she would be free she was to experience a final farewell that wasn’t torment. It had to happen in VR because it was not going to be possible in the real world because it was too late…

The Return, Part 2’ (Season 6)

Ebony wanted to access the remaining 4 doors. She wanted to see what other demons could rise for her. Muffled pressed up against Slade he just makes out, “I’m going to see what other Tribes are down here. You coming?” A frail, “I just need a minute,” can be heard from Slade. Ebony moves out from his hold and strokes his upper arm before leaving the room. Going to the 6th door this one had remained closed. It seemed none of the others had entered their 2nd room yet. Ebony’s cogs started whirling away thinking Amber had probably gone all goggly eyed after finding Bray, Lex would be licking the chamber holding Taisan and Salene would probably be jumping out of her skin after seeing her own reflection.

Salene pulled herself together and leapt to the next chamber hoping to see Ryan. She had figured out there was an order here of when people were going missing. Yes KC, Alice and Bray all went missing from when the Techno’s invaded but it’s possible they were used for something else prior to this and were the last additions into this room. Her theory was proved correct as she saw Ryan laid in the next with a VR strip across his face. Salene placed her fingers up against her lips and then pressed them against the glass. 2 more chambers remained, she had to keep it together. Salene couldn’t quite believe her eyes, another not so dead Mall Rat was still alive. It was Danni. The biggest shock of all came for Salene upon reaching the last one. Before passing out, she recognises the boy who was the first to ever leave the Mall Rat’s, Paul.

The 6th room contained the Demon Dogs and the 7th was the Modes. Taking one look at the pristine makeup and hair in the chamber confirmed which tribe it was, it was like Gel 2.0. Ebony at this point was hopeful The Guardian would be kept imprisoned so that just left Bray and Alice to patch things up with but that glimmer of hope quickly evaporated when she saw who laid in the first chamber in the 8th room. It was the leader of the Mosquito’s, Moz. Things had gotten a little bit heated between those two just before the Techno invasion. Ebony quickly headed to the next room. As she entered, a wailing Jack was hurling down the corridor. She blocked him out. Walking into this room Ebony is expecting to see multiple like the previous but just one single chamber was positioned. Another chill ran down her spine, who was this lurking inside? All alone? Ebony’s heart began to race harder and faster. Noticing the ruffled blonde hair and the tightly fitted Techno suit, Ebony recognised it was Jay’s little brother, Ved. She let out a sigh of relief. “I’ve got a few skeletons to face in my closet, but I think you should be alright. The guy that put you here blew himself up!” With Ram and Ved to busy battling in VR, mastermind Mega must of first been creating this whole island of lab Rats. What were these people witnessing underneath the visors? Was there even a way out? She knew it wouldn’t be long until she knew, after all Jack had arrived.

Jack’s feet thumped hard on to the concrete as he bolted along the never-ending corridor, clutching the papers and the tablet. As he got close to the other end his heart sunk. Spotting Ebony entering the final room, Jack screamed. “Nooooo! Ebony no! Stoppp!” Had Ebony split from the others and gone to the last door? Jack as he ran brought his hands up together and prayed. If the other 8 doors had been opened, the Mall Rats were going to have to work fast. Slade emerges from the 4th door. Jack panting hard shrieks out, “Slade tell me it’s just you and Ebony here and you have only opened the door you stand at and the final door I saw Ebony go into!” Slade can hear the panic coming from Jack, he was more squeaky than normal. “Afraid not!”

Jack stopped as he reaches the door containing the Mall Rats. “Slade get Ebony and meet me in here.” Slade darts to the final door to get Ebony whilst Jack flies into the room containing the Mall Rats. Entering the room he looked above the door, the counter had started. On his search on the computer before finding the list of the 9 tribes and who was in each Jack read what it meant if the room was entered without the input code on entry. For every chamber in the room 5 minutes would be added to the counter. With 12 chambers in the room containing the Mall Rats it meant the counter would start with 60 minutes. The counter flicked from 53 to 52. He was too late for someone. KC was gone. He placed the tablet down on top off where KC laid, he had hoped he wouldn’t have to use it but time had got the better off him. He would come back to the tablet later. Jack thrashed over to Alice’s chamber catching sight of Lex sprawled across Taisan’s, Amber in a heap next to Bray’s and Salene’s legs daggling out behind the final chamber. Right now he didn’t need anyone, he had just 2 minutes to save Alice. If he doesn’t bring Alice back to his Ellie, he knows he won’t have a set of balls for much longer. Darting to the end of the chamber holding Alice, Jack didn’t need to look at the contents of the pages he had printed. He had memorised the numbers that had to be inserted for each. The input codes to release the chambers were rather simple. It was the name of who was inside with the number they were sealed for each tribe. Frantically Jack pressed, A L I C E 1 1 the chamber hissed as the lid pried open. It began to ascend higher, Alice had been saved. Jack knew he had to get to work, even though he was keen to jump Alice and plant kisses all over her cheeks. On hearing the hiss, Amber and Lex’s focus was on Jack. Ebony and Slade were stunned upon entering, Jack had figured it out. “Lex, move to the bottom and punch in T A I S A N 1 0. Amber you are to do the same but put in B R A Y 0 8.” Jack was now in between them at the bottom of Cloe’s. C L O E 0 9 was pressed on the keypad. It hissed open at the same time as Bray’s.

Lex clenched his fist and snarled. “Ebony, get your ass over here, I need your help, you know I can’t read,” asked Lex. She rolled her eyes and dashed over to him. “Is there anything you can do?” Lex frowned a little but didn’t react. He needed Ebony right now. The hiss sound released once more. Salene rose to her feet and stumbled forward.

Now these chambers were open, it meant it would give the Mall Rats time to release others and then come back to release the remaining Mall Rats. Jack clears his throat and begins to instruct. “It’s going to take these guys a few minutes to actually open their eyes, so we need to get ourselves into saving the other tribes. Every 5 minutes that passes someone will perish.” Jack took a pause thinking of KC. At this moment in time, he had to not reveal that he hadn’t made it. “Take these.” Jack began to hand out the lists, but before getting to Ebony she had fled the room. He shook his head but continued. “Just like we have done here, type in the person’s name followed by the number they were put in the room.” They all felt reluctant to leave the ones they were dying to reunite with but they knew they had time and had to do right for others too except for Lex who shoved his list on to Slade. Would you expect anything else from the selfish numpty? But then he couldn’t read so it was for the best.

Knowing there wasn’t much time left, Ebony shot back to the final room. Ved was Jay’s brother, after the Mall Rat’s he was the next most important person to save. V E D 0 1 is punched into the keypad, the loud hiss is released. She leans up against the chamber and smiles evilly. She had realised the clock had ticked long enough to take the lives of her enemies; The Guardian and Moz.

Darting out into the other rooms The Mall Rats began to work through the lists. Amber had the list for the Gaian’s but Jack feared Amber would not react quick enough after discovering it was too late for Hawk and there was seconds left to save Mouse. M O U S E 2 1 releases her chamber, Jack let out a sigh of relief with just seconds to go.

As Slade and Ebony didn’t have a sibling or a loved one in the tribe, they continued with the lists. It had only been the people in the first chambers from each tribe that hadn’t made it bar Ved thanks to Ebony and one other from the second chamber in the room of The Chosen, Luke was gone. As Salene pressed the K, time had run out.

As you can imagine the excitement, the tears, the joy and the love that was shared in the moments the Mall Rats were reunited was out of this world. All of the other tribes also revelling in this wonderful moment in the other rooms. However the loss of their leader Jet was particular hard for The Gulls but they knew she wouldn’t want them to feel anger or hatred and be grateful to all be safe and together.

Cloe had awoke before Patsy and as soon as she had they hadn’t stopped hugging. They were interrupted by Ebony. “There is someone else down here you might want to see.” Cloe lost control and excitedly burst out “VED!” Patsy looked at Cloe unsure who this Ved was. She could only assume he was some guy she had fallen for because Cloe had shot out of the room. She didn’t know where he was but her legs carried her into the corridor. She looked left and then right wondering which way to go. As she looked right emerging from the final room, out stepped Ved.

It was like one of those moments you would see in a movie. Both of their faces lit up and they began to run to each other. What’s happening here? For some peculiar reason this seems to be playing out in slow motion… Finally Ved swoops Cloe off her feet into his arms. She wraps her legs around him. Cloe moves her hair out of her face just as Ved’s lips pressed against her. Their mouths widen, twist and turn, tongues lash within. Neither of them coming up for air. The passion was exhilarating.

As Cloe had left Patsy, she found herself stood with Ebony. They had nothing to say to each other. Ebony grunted and joined someone Patsy hadn’t seen before. Not so tall, but defiantly dark and handsome. She then began to look around and was completely overwhelmed to see so many old faces, faces she never thought she would see again. Lex was with Taisan, Amber with Bray, Salene was with Ryan and two unfamiliar younger kids that looked related, Alice with another pair of red headed possible siblings she didn’t recognise and Jack was with Danni. There was also someone else with them but they had their back to her. Jack noticed Patsy now alone so made his way over to her. They swung their arms around each other. “You saved us all Jack, thank you.” Jack edged out of the hug and put his hand on Patsy’s shoulder. “All but one.” His face dropped. “I already know, it’s KC,” uttered Patsy. “Cloe must have told you. Do you wish to say goodbye?” asked Jack. “Sure but we already said goodbye. He came to me just before I woke up. As you may have discovered the whole time we were wired up, we were all stuck in our very own ‘Groundhog Day.’ The same thing over and over which annoyingly involved me singing but then like I said it changed and after he snapped my neck for the millionth time, he twisted it back and said his final goodbye.” Patsy smiled as she placed her hand on the closed chamber containing KC. Jack places his arm over her shoulders and stuttered, “He… he was a cheeky little…” Patsy interjects, “tyke!” They both giggled. “I just hope he got a happy ending too,” exclaimed Patsy. Picking up the tablet he had placed there earlier, Jack slotted it into a small base above the keypad on the bottom of the chamber. Patsy watched him closely as he went. Jack looked up at Patsy and said, “I’m afraid he wouldn’t have, but that will change everything!” The chamber lit up a light blue and a song began to play from the tablet as Cloe and Ved walked in. Cloe stood next to her friend and held her hand. All of The Mall Rats got closer and closer to KC’s chamber.

There was a time when I was alone
No where to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away too
Then one night, as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for a while
He said Peter Pan that’s what they call me
I promise that you’ll never be lonely
And ever since that day

I am a Lost Boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we’re bored we play in the Woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook

Run run Lost Boy, they say to me
Away from all of reality
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
And lost boys like me are free

He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached Neverland
Peacefully my feet hit the sand and ever since that day…

Away from all of reality
And Lost Boys like me are free

Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy darlin
Even Captain Hook you are my perfect story book
Neverland I love you so, you are now my home sweet home
Forever a lost boy at last

Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy darlin
Even Captain Hook you are my perfect story book
Neverland I love you so, you are now my home sweet home
Forever a Lost Boy at last
And for always I will say

Away from all of reality
Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me
Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me

Such joy had become sadness but KC couldn’t have asked for a better goodbye. The Mall Rats were unaware the song that had played had also played for KC. His last memory. His ending. Erasing the constant loop of purgatory with this allowed him to leave the world in a good place. He found his Neverland.

The tears and sobs gradually softened and groups began to form again. Jack took hold of Patsy and Cloe’s hands and dragged them further down the room. Amber, Mouse and a few others left the room entirely to shred some more tears as Amber placed the tablet into Hawk’s chamber.

Ved edged his way over towards Ebony. A few metres away she was lent against Slade’s chest, she looks up. “He did have a heart after all…” Slade kisses her forehead. “So it seems, but still rotten to the core.” It was all a mystery what Mega’s endgame was down here, but for those who were to never leave, they still managed to get their happy ending. “Gone for someone more your height now I see Ebony,” cheekily interrupted Ved. Ebony moved and stood as tall as she could in front of Ved and prodded him in the chest. “Wind your neck in blondie. You better curb that mouth of yours as I am the reason why you live twinkle toes. Jay and I might not be together because he left me for that zulu knotted tramp but I know what you meant to him. If it wasn’t for me, it may have been too late and you wouldn’t have just had your tonsils cleaned out.” Ved smirks down at Ebony and cracks his head to the left and the right before tapping his hand on Ebony’s head. “There, there that’s a good girl.” He can see Ebony’s stare begin to change, a boot was coming for his leg. He steps back and continues, “Just kidding Ebony. I appreciate you saving me. You’re not as bad as people make you out to be you know.”

Reaching the other end of the room, the girls were puzzled. What or who was it they wondered? As they came closer, the figure spun around to reveal Paul. He held a larger tablet and tapped away. A voice spoke from the device, “Hello sis. This is crazy right? Hello to you to Cloe.” Patsy took hold of Jack’s shoulder to keep up. Never in a million years would she think she would see Paul again. And certainly not hear him speak, or a computerised version at least. He taps the tablet again. “Don’t just stand there. Come and give your brother a hug. And guess what? Whatever you say to me will be analysed by the tablet and display what you say. No more signing required.’ Patsy stepped forward and squeezed Paul tightly. Cloe couldn’t control her tears and it was like he knew, Ved slotted his hand into Cloe’s. Suddenly Jack feels a slap on his butt, as soon he turns his face is pulled into Alice’s bosoms, she wobbles from side to side. “Wait till I get to tell Ellie how her little Jacky-poos was the man of the hour,” bellowed Alice. Muffled sounds came from Jack but it was impossible to hear what he was saying from where his head was buried. Cloe, Ved, Patsy and Paul stood watching giggly like when they were kids.

The following morning the sun was high in the sky and the rays of light glimmered down on to the ocean. There walking on the soft sand were Cloe and Ved. They walked hand in hand along the beach feeling the water trickle around their feet. The wet sand squelching up between their toes. They come to a halt and face each other now taking hold of both hands. Cloe has a glint in her eyes and feels nothing but warmth and excitement within. She had thought this day would never come. With a smile and a little squeeze of his hands she says, “We’re free. This is where we can learn to love again Ved. Our future looks bright.”

Ved smiles back, “I really hope so Cloe.” He plants a kiss on her lips but releases his hands once his lips retract from hers. Ved wasn’t feeling as hopeful and positive like his gurl Cloe. He had to express how he felt to her. “I’m sorry Cloe, but you and I know this world is not much better than the one’s we were wired up too. Call me a pessimist all you want but you know I’m right?”

Ved’s words hit Cloe like a big crashing wave hurdling into shore, but she wasn’t going to allow this. Cloe had belief. She knew they deserved happiness. Enough time had been taken stuck in purgatory. This was the real world. Yes, it wasn’t always hugs and puppies but it was the world she, Ved and all her Mall Rat’s were apart off. This was the reality they knew. This was now their chance to start a new beginning. Life on this island was an opportunity to create a new world without the power and the chaos. This island was their future without any fruitcake Chosen or any Techno whizz’s to ruin it.

Cloe brings her hand up to Ved’s face and wiggles her finger. “Shame on you.” She takes hold of him and forces him down on to the soft sand. Laying on top of him, Cloe stares into her man’s eyes. “You are so wrong mr!” Cloe looms closer to his face and bites his bottom lip.

You can kind of guess how the next hour or several hours played out…

‘Look Into The Future, What Do You See?’ (Season 7)

The cry is strong. Patsy passes the new-born into Cloe’s arms. “It’s a girl,” announced Cloe. “No pessimist’s here, just look at her. She is beautiful just like her mother, good triumphant’s once more” smirked Ved as he nudged their daughter’s little nose. Cloe giggled and looked down at the little bundle of joy. “Welcome to our bright new world, Misty!” Ved places his head on to Cloe’s as they both smile looking down at the newest Mall Rat who one day would be a leader of the tribe, keeping the dream alive.

2 Likes

Links to songs:

‘it’s okay’ by a paradise bird

‘listen before I go’ by Billie Eilish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvzE4ZofxGw&ab_channel=heartbrokecorner

‘cradles’ by sub urban

‘lost boy’ by Ruth B

@ShardyXo

AHHHHHHHH :grin:, you’ve noticed my song lyrics, didn’t think anyone would have got them. But they are implemented so good. While writing out the prompt I did have this idea in mind about a punishment program, that why I put such dark lines. You did sooooo good :heart:. Omg I could have never wrote it in this way ever, I Love this story, I could never do this justice its amazing :heart:.

I love the way, you brought everyone back, but K.C its sad, he will be missed. I love how Patsy and K.C had there own individuals moments. :blush:

Its like a mix between a horror and romance fic, which horror I like a lot, the dollhouse purgatory scene was right up my alley. I love thing that have a spooky feel to them, Mega was a creep so I wouldn’t put it past him to exploit peoples fears.

Baby Misty, now there together as a family, such a great ending.

I AM SO PLEASED WITH THIS. OMG OMG :heart: IT’S SOOOOO COOL :grin:

I am so sorry this is so long, I’m just excited and I ramble a lot so, but thank you so much :heart:

3 Likes

Great read… Love the building up and the way the characters evolve :heart:and the look into the future just gives me a happy “awwwwwww”

Oh and so superb to use kind of the genre of horror romance applauds

3 Likes

I loved this story. I felt that excluding the prompted song lyrics this story was written in a EXTREMELY similar style to AJ Penn’s writing style. I REALLY could have been reading a deleted section from ‘A New Dawn’ or something!

We know AJ Penn is a pen name …is the unknown AJ Penn writing as a Secret Santa?!! Lol

Great story xx

4 Likes

This was EPIC. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

And LONG… Wow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like