Meeting Caleb! | Tribe Revival's Fan encounter in Netherlands 2011 | Last Dogs of Winter

Written by @Trudy

2011-11-17T23:00:00Z

day to remember…

Today Avyanna and I went to Amsterdam, because ‘The Last Dogs of Winter’ was screening during the International Documentary Film festival.

As we entered the building, there was a sign… which almost seemed like a sign from above.

Following the sign that said ‘Zoot’ we went the the room where the screening would be.

Just before the start, Costa Botes took the microphone, and told us some things about the documentary.

The movie was absolutely amazing, the scenery is so beautiful, and the story, about the wonderful things that Brian Ladoon and Caleb do for the Canadian Eskimo Dogs.
It’s simply unexplainable, there are no suitable words I can find to describe how wonderful their work is, someday, I hope you can all see for yourself.

The movie was absolutely amazing, the scenery is so beautiful, and the story, about the wonderful things that Brian Ladoon and Caleb do for the Canadian Eskimo Dogs.
It’s simply unexplainable, there are no suitable words I can find to describe how wonderful their work is, someday, I hope you can all see for yourself.

BTW, the movie even had a little bit of Tribe footage, the gladiator scene that Caleb did (which Costa also worked on)

After the movie, there was a Q&A with both Costa and Caleb, where they told the audience lots of things about the documentary and about the work that Brian Ladoon and Caleb are doing.

When the Q&A was done, I first talked to Costa for a bit, who was wondering why we picked two seats in the middle of the first row, and was amazed to hear that two Tribe fans came because of Caleb.
(note: I think we where really the only two people in that room that knew Caleb from his Tribe-days)

After that we talked to Caleb, convinced him to sign a wonderful card that Amber made for us (of which he made us sign one which he said he’d frame when he gets home)

At some point, Caleb got a bit distracted, because there was a virtual reality project going on in the lobby where we where talking.
Which was truly amazing to see, seemed to be a bit like ‘Paradise’
After that, we talked some more and got our pictures taken with him.
(and wow! he’s shorter then we expected, he always looked a lot taller in the Tribe, then again, so does Meryl)

To make a long story short, we had an amazing day!

• Costa Botes was the director of Last Dogs of Winter
  • Costa Botes and Caleb Ross were the producers
    Festival/Awards: 2011: Toronto International Film Festival, IDFA, 2012: Sydney Film Festival, Hola AUNZ Film Festival
    Technical information:
    Colour, HD Cam, 16:9, Surround Sound
3 Likes