Put Your Heart On the Line (Maylene)

Fandom: The Tribe
Title: Put Your Heart On the Line
Characters: May, Salene
Pairing: Maylene
Rating/Warning: PG. Femslash.
Summary: May tries to get Salene to admit her feelings.
A/N: Thanks to my rp partner, FandomFan, for betaing. Thanks to anyone who reads, reviews, likes or bookmarks.
Disclaimer: I don’t own The Tribe, or anything you recognize and I don’t claim to. I make no money for writing this story.
Words: 193 without title and ending.

Put Your Heart On the Line

“I don’t know what else I can say or do to get you to understand what you mean to me,” May said and she sighed a few moments later. “I love you and I wanna be with you, but you’re letting your fear hold you back.”

Salene sat down on the bed beside May. “You’ve put your heart on the line more times than I can count. No matter how many times I tell you that I’m not ready or that I’m afraid, you keep trying. I love that about you.”

May nodded and said, “I’m never going to stop showing you how much I love you. We’ve already wasted so much time and I don’t want to do that anymore.”

Salene smiled at the other woman’s words. Then, she scooted closer, took May’s hands into hers, and said softly, “Will you kiss me?” It was the first time she’d admitted her feelings for her best friend.

May smiled, nodded once more, and then leaned in and pressed her lips gently to Salene’s. After a few moments, she released one of the woman’s hands, reached up, and ran her hands through Salene’s hair.

The end.

2 Likes