Top 10 Tribe Leaders

I don’t know if it is a rumor or not but they should seriously put the actress who played Danni on the podcast. As much as people don’t like her her charcther is important to the story of the tribe. And I personally think she could of been an amazing charcther if she had her own individuality. Every scene I see her in season 2 she has to be next to Bray lol

But isn’t she the next podcast? I think I saw Ella there… She was in our Studi VZ group (that was years before Facebook, a social media for German students) She was in Germany for an exchange year… She was so nice and fun to write with! She then told us it was always clear that Danni would be only there one season :thinking:

1 Like

That’s really cool you got to meet her. I’ll look it up if she’s gonna be on the next podcast.

Well first we were like “As if… Ts…” But then we were like "Eeeeek… It’s really her O.O!"Germany has a big and loyal fan Se. German fans are called the most loyals from many actors and musicians so she met a lot of people who really knew the series🤣

1 Like

That’s really cool. I posted on the tribe Facebook page a few days ago asking people who they felt about Danni and there’s like 125 comments lol. When I make my review I have to read all those comments for research

You mean in the group? People are still commenting there :rofl:

But it’s always the good old…what one loves, the other one hates… For example I never understand how people can live Zoot. I mean he was on the show like five seconds… All we see of him is being violent bully. The only parts were he seems decent is when he holds Brady before his death and in the pretribe we see he is a sad confused boy who went wrong. But who can love a character where we don’t know anything for real about? But some love him… So I say…
Hey it’s okay.

I was thinking just now that Danni would have maybe suited to Jay… He is overly correct and a little stiff most of the time too :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha Danni and Jay. Nah, I couldn’t see it. Maybe Danni and Pride. That would of been interesting to see

I somehow see Pride with Tai-San :joy:

1 Like

Yeah the spiritual energy with those two would of been great to see. And May with Jay would of been good, a guy who wants everyone to follow the law and he goes for a woman who always breaks them.

And I really wanted Ebony to be with bray. I like amber but the scenes Ebony had with bray are so classic

I tried some brebony in my story ALL OF ME, but in the end it didn’t work for me. Ebony had to evolve. Sticking with her first crush who still loves his ex in a deeper way… Would always make her second class. She is a strong female, but often defined herself about the men in her life… Zoots wife, Rams wife, Jay’s girl… It always seemed like she wanted a guy to put her even higher up. So she now has a complete new character as mate. Brays blind cousin Logan. Him being blind means she can’t rely on her looks to Charme him and has to really rely on her personality. That’s way more satisfying in writing.

Bray and Tai-San would have probably worked too. But I am Bramber through and through and as long as they live in the same place they end up together for me. A girl needs some happy end :joy::see_no_evil:

Jay and May… Alone for the hilarious names :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha I’ll send you a draft of my new script tomorrow for the new video I’m making

1 Like

Well-made video. You have a calm and soothing voice, which is great for a youtuber. It’s also awesome that you are able to make your points concisely.

The topic itself is very interesting and I agree with what Zwenja said about there being many different ideas about what makes a leader good. Personally, I’m with Tai-San and Bray on that it’s a shame people even need leaders. Decision-making and power being concentrated in the hands of a small group of people and especially just one person is a very bad thing imo.

However, if I had to chose out of TT leaders, my first choice would be Amber. She had the right mixture of idealism and pragmatism accompanied by assertiveness, strategic planning and courage. She could be a little bit too rigid and meddlesome at the beginning (e.g. her meddling into the Zandra/Lex/Tai-San thing; while not being nice to Zandra, Tai-San sleeping with Lex was not any of Amber’s or the rest of the tribes’ business), but fortunately she grew out of it (e.g. she wasn’t as meddlesome and judgmental in the Jack/Ellie/Luke situation). She also learned to be more pragmatic about the use of violence and to control how her personal problems affect her leadership better over the course of the show. One thing I think it would have been interesting for the show to explore is her turning darker and more ruthless at some point.

My second choice would be the Priestess from the first book. She was fierce, well-spoken and intelligent. If my community was under the threat of foreign occupation and exploitation, she’d be exactly the leader I’d want, given she was genuinely committed to the well-being of everyone and not just looking after her own interests. But she too could be a little rigid and it’s great that she eventually listened to the less stubborn members of her tribe, like that Lia character (if I remember her name correctly).

My next choice would be Pride. He was very dedicated to being fair and assuring the well-being of everyone. His worldview and actions were rooted in a deep understanding of the shortcomings of modern Western civilization and willingness to try to fix them. While I respected that, I didn’t like his vehement opposition to modern science and technology. Giving them up completely just because they have been abused is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, as far as I’m concerned. Shame he died before reaching a more balance worldview.

If Tai-San counts, she had a lot of the same strengths and flaws as Pride and even Amber (primarily stubbornness and a dangerous commitment to non-violence at times). Her ideas were very out there and she was able to envision a radically different world, which I loved. I wouldn’t have minded seeing what a darker version of her might have looked like at some point either.

I quite liked Mega too. Zoot and Ram offered dominance through brute force and technological superiority respectively. The Guardian offered religious fanaticism. None of those things appeal to me personally, but Mega, on the surface, offered a relatively fair society in which everybody did their share of work and had their needs taken care of. It would have been interesting to see him partially redeemed and working alongside the Mall Rats, like Ram.

The Guardian is someone whose leadership style and ideology would not have worked for me at all, as I mentioned above, but I did find him fascinating and entertaining to watch. With some other leaders, like Ebony, it was obvious that self-serving opportunism was their primary guiding force. But with the Guardian, I was always wondering to which extent he was making things up to manipulate people and grab power for himself and to which extent he actually believed his insane religion. In fiction at least, I love a passionate fanatic, or someone who just plays one very convincingly.

Speaking of terrible-but-fun leaders, I wish we had seen more of Troy and Susannah. Their dark hippie vibes were entertaining. As Sasha put it, “Here comes the guy who believes in love, peace and slavery.” They should have been around longer.

Jet strikes me a decent leader too, but it could just be the actress’ self-assured on-screen presence. If I remember correctly, we haven’t seen enough of her to determine what she’s like.

There were many interesting dynamics between characters too. For example, Amber/Tai-San, Jack/Tai-San (not a leadership matter per se, but definitely an important relationship for the whole science vs spirituality debate) and Jay/Pride balanced each other out very nicely. So did the Guardian/Luke and Ram/Jay, in a way. Tai-San/Ebony and Alice/Ebony had potential and it would have been great to see Ebony truly collaborate with Amber, Danni or Ruby at some point. While I personally enjoy Amber’s romantic relationship and co-leadership with Jay way more than the one with Bray, I do think Amber/Bray and all other Mall Rats co-leaders over the years more-or-less worked well together. Ebony/Zoot and Java/Ram were definitely in the “I can see why this works” category too even if I wasn’t personally invested in either.

Among the characters who were not interested in leadership, I always admired that Ellie and Cloe (well, maybe minus s4 Cloe) had a mind of their own and went against their leaders’ and tribes’ decisions if they conflicted with their personal morality. Those weren’t always objectively the smartest of safest decisions, but they did show a lot of integrity.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. And sorry for the very late reply. I’m currently working on a tribe analysis on a popular character