What Have You Been Listening To?

Since we don’t already have one of these for music, here it is for anyone who wants to chat about what they have been listening to.

I’ve been going through Jenny Hval’s discography. Her music is the definition of the phrase “hauntingly beautiful.” Today I learned that she used to listen to black metal and, though I don’t hear it in her music much, I guess I can kind of hear it in the atmosphere.

It’s generally been a month of female singer-songwriters for me. I’ve been listening to some big ones (Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Bjork) and some smaller ones (Angelica Garcia). I’ve also skimmed through Linkin Park’s Hybrid Theory reissue. Hybrid Theory sparked what turned out to be a life-long interest in heavy music for me, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. Speaking of the gateway (nu)metal bands, I’ve been meaning to give new Deftones album a go too, but still haven’t gotten round to it.

3 Likes

Yeees! This is a great idea for a thread :star_struck:

I rarely find time for listening to music lately, as my job is video editing I need to listen to that while I work.
Video editing is also, as it happens, one of my biggest hobbies and I have been back in that as well this past month.

This song has been on my mind a lot lately:

Song Of The Year for me

3 Likes

Just got the new David Garrett Album​:heart_eyes::star_struck:

Alive :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m listening to Audible after a Buffy marathon… I’m listening to the Tangled Up book set by Charlotte Byrd

1 Like

Today: Sara Bareilles Radio on Spotify
Dec 2020: Taylor Swift’s new albums
2020 Top play: Petals for Armor album from Hayley Williams

Honorable Mentions for most plays2020:
Cellophane by FKA Twigs
Small Things by JoJo
Here to You by Taylor Brown Williams
Hillsong United
Julia Michaels
Demi Lovato
Kehlani
Matt Pinder
Sinead Harnett

Today was a strange combo of Scrum and random numbers from broadway musicals

1 Like

Currently obsessed with Alestorm
Can’t go wrong with pirate metal!

I have been listening to a lot of I Don’t Know How But They Found Me, all their songs!

Not heard of them before, but I just had a quick listen. I like so far, will have a further listen today. :slight_smile:

I am currently loving all the musical numbers from the tv series, ‘Julie and the Phantoms.’

You will not be dissapointed :slight_smile:

Musical stuff is just great!

Justin Timberlake music earlier this morning/afternoon while I cleaned house.

1 Like

Slight Encanto obsession here at the moment :sweat_smile:

Right now all I listen to is Ateez

drifferent versions of the wellerman, which is a sea shanty.

Encanto soundtack is unavoidable for me @Trudy lol

My current theme song is : “Spiral Szn” by JoJo
Other than that I’ve been listening to a lot of random playlists from artists of all genres. Last listened to “Smiling When I Die” by Sasha Alex Sloan