2 Likes

OOC: of course, welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OOC: The more the merrier

1 Like

OOC: Yeah of course you can! Welcome :orange_heart:

1 Like

ooc - Welcome guys :slight_smile:

I followed along with the others inside, I loved to bake and was ready to get started although I wasnā€™t used to working along side anyone else and I often got lost in my own thought ā€œIf anybody finds any lemons though I can make amazing lemon cakes!ā€ I add when Genesis mentions about Luna helping us with the Orange bars.

Pulling a bobble from around my wrist I quickly tie my hair up into a messy bun making sure not to leave any loose hairs out ā€œShall we get started?ā€ I ask smiling at Genesis, I shouldnā€™t interupt her conversation with all the questions shes being asked however I am eager to get started.

@Patch

3 Likes

The person I shouted at must it be Corin. He instead looks at me confused. I must say, he is cuter than Corin. Blond hair and blue eyes from the looks of him. Oh who am I kidding he wouldnā€™t want me. Embarrassed I turn and head back to the Victorian looking guy. He looks rough but instincts tell me heā€™s alright.
ā€œMerry meet. I am Raven. I just arrived. May I speak with whom ever is in charge mate and rest my feet for a few?ā€
He looks at me cautiously while I look back to see if the other guy followed me.
@Zandra @Prometheus

2 Likes

GENESIS

I canā€™t keep up with whatā€™s going on once my mind gets set on setting up for the baking. I have Luna washing up the oranges and notice Pratt slipping out during the process of preparing pans. When Lunaā€™s done she washes her hands and continues on to keep Eve company. She does ask at one point if I know a girl through the window, but Iā€™ve missed her face and just shrug. ā€œCould be someone helping out. Several people are canning and starting the drying out process.ā€ I donā€™t feel concerned about it.

Lily turns to me asking shall we get started and I stop straining to get a look through the window. Iā€™m so grateful for her help and company. ā€œLetā€™s do it,ā€ I say cheerily. ā€œI think Iā€™ve brought everythingā€¦ā€ I go over the contents before us. Butter is really a sacred luxury, but I wanted to treat everyone for their hard work during the harvesting process. Such delicacies would be few and far in between once Winter arrived and we were rationing to survive.

ā€œWould you like to do crust or juice the oranges and start the filling?ā€ I offer Lily the choice as I get Devā€™s oven going. The crust will need to bake for fifteen minutes or so which hives us time to do the filling, which will be added to the crust and baked for twenty minutes. Easy enough, I think. The easiest part coming leaving them in the fridge til the feasting to properly set.

@Zandra @Prometheus @Catha

1 Like

BASIC INFORMATION

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Catherine Louise Baker

PREFERED NAME: Cat

DATE OF BIRTH: 21/12/2003

FAMILY: None

HAIR COLOR: Red

EYE COLOR: Blue

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

PLAY-BY: Java

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

PERSONAL FAVOURITES: Procrastinating, resting, reading, and riding dirtbikes.

TALENTS: Started motocross when she was 10 up until the virus, being really lazy.

HABITS: Picks at finger nails when nervous.

SECRET(S): Feels she is responsible for her little brothers ā€œdeathā€.

DISLIKES: Hot weather and summer, fashion trends.

FEARS: Getting close to people, spiders & bugs, and people finding out about her past.

STRENGTHS:directions & way finding, cooking, theft.

WEAKNESSES: Takes a long time to warm up to people, trust issues.

PERSONALITY: Most of the time Cat is kind and modest towards people and doesnā€™t like getting into conflict unless she has to but she is also very secretive

BACKGROUND: Cat has lived in the city all of her life, well for as long as she can remember anyway. As a child she spent most of her time sitting in her dads workshop where her would fix cars for people and where he ran his side business which he didnā€™t like Cat talking about and when Cat wasnā€™t there she was either eating or asleep. During her early school life Cat didnā€™t have many friends and the ones she did have left her very soon as she would often steal from her fellow students bags while they werenā€™t looking, later on to be found out by the teacher so she often spent her lunch times alone and reading or in detention.

On Catā€™s 10th birthday she got a dirtbike and once she got use to riding it she decided to start motocross. A couple weeks later she broke her arm landing the bike the wrong way but that didnā€™t dampen her enthusiasm.

When Cat was 13 is when her mum told her she was going to have a little brother, she was ecstatic and once he was born she loved him more and more. Whenever her parents werenā€™t home she would always look after him and she would even miss some over her motocross competitions just to spend time with him and that didnā€™t change when the virus hit but that changed very quickly as one day she decided he would be old enough to look after himself while she went to find food. When she came back however he was nowhere to be seen, at first she thought he was probably just hiding so she called out for him but there was no reply. Cat decided to start searching the apartment but she couldnā€™t find him anywhere, she went downstairs and onto the streets to ask people if they had seen him but most either shrugged or told her to get lost. Later that day she made it to her dads workshop to see if her was there but it was dead quiet. The following weeks Cat sat in the corner of the workshop either sobbing or storming around screaming and kicking bits of junk lying around.

Now Cat has decided she needs to start a new life away from the city so she packed a duffle bag and slung it over her shoulder put on a motorbike helmet and filled her bike with the little bit of petrol that was in the workshop and rode off out of the city in search of somewhere new.

4 Likes

Luna

Gigi dismissed the girl outside I asked about. I did too after I saw her walk back the other way. I see the manner in which Gigi is talking to Lily. Different from how sheā€™s been with me. I feel bad cause we were that good of friends once. I must have overwhelmed her with all of the questions. I hate it when I do that. It has been a long time since we last saw each other. Give her time, Luna. She puts the orange bars in the oven and then I remembered something that was in my pack. Whatā€™s kept me going. I take it out and look at it for the first time in months. Itā€™s a picture taken at school. Me and Gigi are in it. So are a couple of friends I hung out with. One of them is flipping off the camera.
I smile at the picture like I always do. I need to lay off asking her anything else since Iā€™m pretty certain I am annoying her. I set my picture in front of me and then look over at Lily as she sits down. I should keep trying to get to know her. ā€œHey, Lily. When do we get to meet your brother?ā€
After she gives me her answer, I jump when Prattā€™s voice thunders through the house shouting for Devon.

Prometheus

I couldnā€™t see down the path so I turned back to the house when I hear someone coming. I grab the handle to my cane and turn around to see the girl from earlier. She introduces herself. Her name apparently is Raven. She is asking me for the person in charge and a place to get off her bare feet for a bit. She has an intimidating presence for a girl. I have my reservations but I nod to her.
ā€œI am, Prometheus. The one in charge is due back any minute. Since you are asking to use this house as a place to rest for the time being, let me get the owner for you to speak with.ā€
I open the door and shout, ā€œDevon!ā€
@Patch @Catha @Zandra @Rory @Eagle

Devon

Luna joins me and it doesnā€™t take us a long to get everything ready to eat. " Ok everyone, time to sit down." I look at Genesis and Lily which are still busy with baking, first a was a bit nervouse. the oven is very old and from time to time it Need a strong hand to work, but luckily the girls manage everything just fine.
Suddenly i hear Luna calling out for me and i turn to her a bit confused, before i follow her finger and look outside. Before i can answer i hear Pratt also shouting as well. Not really sure what his would mean, i expect everything. I grab Eves arm and pull her carefully to the table. " you all are staying here." i look at everyone and show Eve to sit down. Then i leave the kitchen and walk outside the house. " Iā€™m here." i look at Pratt.

Eve

" okā€¦ thanks" i nod at Luna. With that she leaves and walks over to the others: i look after her a moment longer as i hear a dark voice behind me. i knew it just can be the new guy, but after all. It gives me a fright. Then Devon appears in front of me , leading me to the table and telling me to stay. A bit shocked i sit down and look at the others for a second, before i turn my head and look after him. For a Moment, or maybe a bit longer, i wished Vern would be here now. Not because i donā€™t trust Devon, but i have to admit, that i would feel a bit more safer then.

1 Like

Lily:

I smiled ā€œIā€™ll do the crusts!ā€ I say looking at all the ingredients that we have excitedly ā€œHonestly Genesis I am amazed you still have butterā€.
Turning my head to Luna I give a light shrug ā€œOh heā€™ll be around somewhere, just listen out for the guy that is overconfident and thinks girls drop at his feetā€ I said and laughed lightly. He is a typical jock although he probably wonā€™t be too far" I say as I start working on the crusts.
The truth was that Liam the ā€˜overprotective brotherā€™ type and acted as though he was her older brother rather than the same age as her.

Liam

I had gone off to explore the town a little bit more, though kept Lily in eyesight just incase these peoples werenā€™t as nice as they seemed. The quiet town had my more on edge, at least in the city, I knew what to expect here was a whole new ball game.

There was some chick was who calling Corin but I didnā€™t see him about so I stared at her confused before carrying on my way. I needed to work out who was who and what they did if Lils and I were going to stay here I was going to make sure it was safeā€¦ And of course, needed to work out who the girls were - Standard of course.

2 Likes

Prometheus

When Devon stepped outside, I stepped aside and pointed at Raven. ā€œDevon, this is Raven. She just arrived. She came to me asking for a place to stop and rest. Since this is your home, I thought it best that she chat with you about that.ā€

I nod again and step away. I go to the end of the yard just in case things get rough and I need to intervene. I know Dev wonā€™t hurt her. Neither would I. However it might take both of us if she gets physical. Sheā€™s large and tough. I look around once more to see how many houses were there and just how far this town went. I also wonder where their crops are so I can have an idea of how much they have to go and get to work tomorrow. I like to keep busy. I also wonder how much livestock is here because that is my specialty.
I see another person coming. Heā€™s a pretty boy. Not to the degree that Corin is but a pretty boy none the less with that blond hair. He doesnā€™t look like he has bad intentions but heā€™s seen me. Thatā€™s for sure. I lift the brim of my hat to him and turn back to the house. Iā€™m not gonna find out anything more unless I ask more questions. It can wait for after lunch. I walk passed Devon and Raven and go inside. I take my seat and Luna looks at me and points to her head head.
I forgot to I take off my top hat. I do quickly do that and set it on the table and keep to myself while I wait Devon to come in and serve lunch.
@Catha @Rory

1 Like

OOC: Sorry to be a stickler, but Genesis and Lily are not sitting at the table. Theyā€™re still preparing orange bars in the kitchen area. Letā€™s please refrain from moving characters not ours and being presumptuous (god modding) without giving others to post with their character first.

1 Like

CORIN
(Post edited for clarity: tonight is the Harvest Dinner at the School. Weā€™re at Devonā€™s house. He lives near Genesis on the other side of Gigiā€™s Big orange tree orchard. Devon made breakfast/brunch while the girls worked on Orange dream bars. This area must be on the end of town where the road towards the City beginsā€¦which is why the new arrivals see Gigi and Devons homes before they enter the Town Proper.
And Greythorn Estate is the opposite end of the rural countyā€¦5miles outside town, which is why he took so long to do his morning walk, arriving at about brunch time to Devons house.
ā€¦I wrote this as much for my own clarity as anyoneā€™s. Please let me know if Iā€™m wrong about something.)

CORIN:

I have taken my daily walk around ā€œtownā€ early today. There wasnā€™t a lot happening at The house that Wendy and Eleanor canā€™t handle on their own, leaving me free to visit the kids and check on their well-being.
Iā€™ve made it an almost daily routine to check on everyone, even if it is only popping my head inside a door to say good morning.

It all started as an excuse to stop by At the end of each mornings walk and talk to Genesis to share the daily gossip.

Great excuse to see her everyday, but itā€™s Also become a really effective tool to provide Framework of a Daily routine for us all, especially myself.

Being ā€œin chargeā€ of this town seems more about being aware of problems than about making plans at this stage in our new little civilization.

Iā€™ve just finished up my rounds.

Iā€™m almost to her house, and I can fee the usual butterflies in my stomach. I still get them every time Iā€™m going to see her.

Iā€™ve been dreading the possible rejection, but today Iā€™m planning to ask her on a date. A proper date.

Genesis might reject me again, but Iā€™ll canā€™t give up, not yetā€¦
Iā€™ve currently got about 4 notebooks worth of letters and poems I secretly write to her. All the words I donā€™t say to her in personā€¦because If I did, she would probably freak out.

But I canā€™t get her out of my head, and if I donā€™t try at least once more To win her heart, then Iā€™ll always wonder what might have beenā€¦

I run my fingers through my hair and look up as I approach the house. The curtains are drawn and itā€™s dark inside. I hear distant voices and realize that Devons house is full of activity just across the way beyond the Orange Treesā€¦

As in continue on, nearing His house, I can see through Devonā€™s bay window many bodies moving around inside, and Iā€™m suddenly curious to know whatā€™s going on.
Genesis very rarely has anyone but Sabrina or Devon over to her house, but it looks like a party in there at Devons house.

I pass her place and head to Devons doorā€¦I approach the house and knock on the back door. When nobody answers I knock louder.
Iā€™d like to go inside without knocking, but that would be presumptuous and I donā€™t think Devon would appreciate it.

@Catha
@Patch

3 Likes

OOC: just to clarify, if everyone agrees, breakfast at Devonā€™s. Town kids harvesting crops all around the farms and setting up for evening. Harvest dinner/celebration later at the school (there will be a segue jump after things are settled at Devā€™s so we arenā€™t stuck in one setting all day)

4 Likes

OOC: No arguments here

3 Likes

Ooc : agree.

GENESIS

ā€œWell itā€™s easy to keep when your mother stuffed the freezer full of it but youā€™re only one person,ā€ I laugh at Lilyā€™s reaction to the butter. Iā€™m lucky we still have electricity or everything would be spoiled. She and I fall into a rhythm, she does the crusts and I work on juicing and starting the filling. ā€œYouā€™re a natural, Lily,ā€ I say watching her move about. She definitely knows what she is doing in a kitchen, more than me Iā€™m sure. ā€œI bet Liam has you do all the work at dinner time.ā€ Though she doesnā€™t strike me as one to let him get away with it.

There is a moment when I nearly slice my finger as Prattā€™s voice shouts for Devon, good thing Iā€™m nearly a pro at this. Devon makes some moves and is gone, outdoors I presume at Prattā€™s direction.

Iā€™m mixing the last of the ingredients when thereā€™s a knock at the back door. I wipe my hands on a kitchen towel and look through the small window, my stomach, filthy betrayer, lurching at the sight of HIM. Corin has finally made his daily appearance. Okay Gigi, just open the door, I tell myself as I go through the motions of doing so.

ā€œWell, good morning, I was beginning to think youā€™d had a lie-in, while the rest of us were hard at work,ā€ I greet him, turning my back and going back to the kitchen, knowing heā€™ll follow me in.

ā€œDevā€™s got a full house this morning.ā€ And Iā€™m so grateful for that, especially for the newcomers who will take up his attention and I can focus on the work at hand.

@Ash @Prometheus @Zandra

1 Like

OOC: Just to extend on what @Patch was saying;

I understand it gets a bit confusing sometimes especially since weā€™ve all just come back to the role play. Just make sure you read carefully though what someoneā€™s said if youā€™re planning to make an interaction with someone elseā€™s character. Mistakes are made sometimes so itā€™s okay! We just need to make sure to keep that consistency otherwise before we know it all our characters are suddenly on the moon! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Sabrina

I put down my book. its decided then. Carrots, broad beans and onions. Iā€™m not sure where Iā€™m going to find the seeds though. Maybe Devon might knowā€¦Devon! Oh no!
I rushed around the house getting myself ready. I had completely forgotten about everyone meeting at his house today. I feel flustered. I grab Fenellas back. Double and triple check everything is in there then I head off. Itā€™s not too long of a walk from my house but I feel dreadfully embarrassed and I know I probably smell awful from working the farm this morning.

I come up the hill and see his house materialise in front of me. I stop and smile for a moment at how lively his house with. All those people. Forgetting I should have been one of those people. I feel guilty again and sheepishly approach the door. I see thereā€™s already a figure there. Itā€™s Corin oh how embarrassing. Iā€™m unsure if I just want to walk all the way back home but I give a grunt and continue towards the door. ā€Hey Corin I give a coworker smile and I stand there waiting at the door.

@Ash @Catha

3 Likes