A Beginning - Roleplay

I smiled “Hey I’m Lily, me and my brother - twin - Liam have just arrived here ourselves, although this is the first time we’ve been here so you guys will probably know alot more people than either of us” I say. I really do talk too much, I remember all my report cards coming home marking that I have the issue of not shutting up.

“We’re going to make some orange bars, Genesis has assured me that they taste delicious”

2 Likes

Luna

I giggle when Genesis folds her arms and acts offended. I hide my emotions hearing my sisters name. I really need to get a handle on that. It’s been almost a year yet I can’t help but to feel this way. I never had the time to mourn and again, I never had anyone to talk to about it. It will never happen with Prometheus. She had also mentioned Sterling. I never really knew what to think of him. I didn’t really get to talk to him enough.
I hear Devon holler to a timid looking girl with brown hair. Apparently her name is Eve. She’s pretty but looks like she doesn’t want to be bothered. I see the look she gives Pratt. The face paint is working. I’m pretty sure she’s intimidated by him. To try to make her feel more at ease, I smile and wave at her as we pass by.

Geneses then introduces me to the gorgeous girl who has been with her since we arrived. Her name is, Lily. That is such a pretty name for such a pretty girl. Stop it, Luna. You don’t even know her. I shake her hand and introduce myself. “Hi. I’m, Luna. You have a twin brother? At least we will be able to tell you a part,” I say with a giggle.

Lily mentioned making orange bars with Genesis. My eyes light up and stopped in my tracks as I turn to her. “Oh my God! I haven’t had those since the last time you brought them to school. Mind if I help too? That’s if your person in charge allows us to stay. Who is that anyway? I was distracted when you and Pratt were talking about that.”

Prometheus

Devon tells me that the girl I raised my hat to is named Eve. I cast a glance at her when we walk by her. What I notice most is her eyes. Hers are the same as mine. They are filled with pain. I could only sympathize with whatever it may be she has been and may be going through.

We get to the house and notice Eve is still keeping an eye on me and Luna. She seems surprised that I took off my hat when we came in. I guess it was the shock of my purple hair and ponytail. I fix my ponytail after I sit down. Myself nor Luna have taken off our boots just yet. We don’t know how long we might be here but we did take off our packs. I then take my knapsack and place it on the table and open it. I take out a couple of bags and cans of food. What I set out were three cans of tuna, two cans of corned beef and a can of corn. The bagged food was rice and noodles and a bag of marshmallows. I nod in approval at my preparation abilities and make it a point to check every place and every abandoned home we see.
Even though I only know a few of these people, I would still prefer to share at least this much since there are small children here than share the minimum. Hopefully this will be enough as I heard there is more people. How many more I am not certain.
“Devon, I have my rations of food set out here on the table for lunch. Do you know about how long it will be before Corin is here so that Luna and I may speak with him?”
I take that moment to say hello to the others even though I already know Gigi. I stood up and leaned forward on my cane.
“Hello there. My name is Prometheus and some of you have met my best friend, Luna. I call her my sister.

@Catha @Zandra @Patch @Ash

3 Likes

Devon

I check on all the food Pratt is placing on the table, it the usual one, you have when you have no farm or market arround, Pans…
" Keep the pans. I have somehting proper for you." i wink at him. " Eve, can you help me please?"

Eve

The girl waves at me and i wave back. Seeing her smile let me calm down a bit. I also couldn’t help and noticed their hair colors. What if i would have another hair color? Would he find me then?
Suddenly Devon stands besides me and ask for hep " Sure," i answer and follow him.

Devon

Eve and i walk in the other room, where we have started to preserve some fruits and veggies and where the fresh baked bread is cooling down. I grab 2 breads and hand them to Eve before i take a few glasses and a basket with fresh fruits. Together we walk back in the kitchen. " Hopefully this bring back some memories" i wink at Pratt

1 Like

Luna

Devon steps out of the room and I begin to wonder just how many other people are here. I wonder if any more of our classmates are here? I take my focus off of making the Orange Bars and playfully nudge Genesis and whisper, “Hey, Gigi? Do you still go by that?”

I let her answer and continue with my inquiry. “Do we have any more of our classmates here?” Then I remembered one in particular who was always nice to me. “Do you know if Sabrina made it? Through the virus?”

Prometheus

Devon tells me that he’s making something that will bring back memories and gives me a wink. If it is what I think it is, I may just kiss that guy for it. Well… not really but I will still do him any favor he wants if that’s what he is making. I look inside my knapsack and look at the other snack foods in there. I’ll keep these for when the child arrives. Perhaps if I can win her over then we will be allow stay and be a part of this group. I am willing to do this for Luna’s sake. I’ll make my decision in time. Then I realize that he didn’t answer my question. So I turn to Gigi and tap her shoulder to get her attention.

“Pardon the interruption but do you know when… Corin comes here for the day? Since he is the person in charge Luna and I should speak with him about us staying here if even for just a few days.”

@Catha @Patch @Ash @Eagle

3 Likes

GENESIS

Inside, both Luna and Prometheus are full of questions, it mostly seems they’re worried about getting to stay, and I want to quickly put them at ease. “Yes, I still answer to Gigi.” It was a nickname that very few called me, the last being my best friend and now ex, off into City doing god knows what. “And you can certainly help Lily and I with the orange bars because the more hands the more time we can add to getting dressed.” I’m not much for fashion, but I was excited fir this event. “And yes, Sabrina is still about, you’ll see her and Fenella soon enough.”

I take a breath, allowing more questions to flow as Prometheus taps my shoulder. I hate feeling like I’m in charge, I never asked to be but everyone is looking to Devon and I to answer. “I don’t know if or when the others and Corin will be around,” I answer honestly.

If I knew, then maybe I’d be prepared for every time Corin was around and wouldn’t be so jittery in his presence, but I was quickly finding out Mr. Popularity was no easier to predict than the weather. “But don’t worry. We don’t really do things like that around here. He may be the guy with the leadership for the town dynamics but he doesn’t dictate our individual dwellings. Devon’s already welcomed you here.”

So far, the town was still open to everyone until we came to a solution for the town border. But that was a thought and debate for a time not now.

@Prometheus @Ash @Zandra @Catha

1 Like

Luna

I am so relieved to hear that Sabrina survived the virus. She was a friend of Pratt’s i never got to meet. Hopefully I’ll get to now. Then Gigi mentions Fenella. That must be Sabrina’s little sister. He said her mom was pregnant but I never got to know more. I can’t wait to meet Sabrins and Fenella. I love children so much. Especially babies. I can only imagine that she’s been taking care of that baby by herself since the virus. I would love to give her a break some time. I’m sure she’d appreciate it. Pratt also said he saw another child, a little girl, wandering around here, while he was doing his recon. It would be great to meet her and maybe braid her hair and other fun stuff.

I turn my focus back to the orange bars. While making them, I hear Pratt ask Gigi about Corin and needing to stay. I am further relieved when she tells him that we don’t need to worry about somewhere to stay because Big Devon has accepted us. Which I take it as meaning we can stay here. As a joke I asked out loud, “Then which room is mine?”

I giggle and turn back to the orange bars. Lily’s hand brushed against mine and I got goosebumps. I do my best to ignore it and continue working until Gigi says we’re done with our part. After I wash my hands, I turn to see Eve still standing in the corner of the room with an uncomfortable expression on her face. I walk over to her and gently place my hand on her arm so that I don’t startle her too much.

“Hey. Sorry for not properly introducing myself earlier. I’m, Luna. Sorry if we made you nervous… If Pratt makes you nervous. We’re harmless, I promise. I know our clothes are a bit odd but Victorian clothing is quite comfortable. Even this corset, believe it or not. So, tell me about yourself? What brought you here?”

Hopefully this gesture of friendship will put her at ease.

Prometheus

When Gigi said that pretty boy is only a part of the town dynamics but not individual dwellings, it put me at ease a bit. Though I was surprised. I didn’t realize that me and Luna had entered an entire town. I’ll have to do some exploring some time soon. I look around and examine my surroundings. Devon is busy cooking his special lunch, Gigi doesn’t seem to remember me and I don’t know the other two girls. Luna seems to though and she is getting friendly with Eve. Nothing wrong that though. However they don’t seem interested in having my company. I take my knapsack and stand up. Using my cane for leverage, I put my hat back on and look to the front room.

“Devon, come get me when lunch is ready. I’ll be standing outside taking in the new surroundings. And thank you again.”

I look over at Eve again and I can’t help but to have the desire to want to get closer to her and be her friend. I step through the front room and out the front door and lean against the wall next to it after the door closes. I don’t stray too far from the house but I still look around the town. I see some people that I am not sure who they are. Definitely a lot calmer then what I am hearing about the city. The way I prefer it. I can’t help but to think someone is watching me. Not in a bad way though. I wonder if it’s the little girl I saw earlier. I’m going to wait here and see who else arrives.
@Patch @Catha @C.x @Ash

1 Like

I spent the day reading this whole thread. May I get in on this?

4 Likes

OOC: You are welcome to join, of course. Welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Ooc: yeah welcome

2 Likes

I am not in this roleplay but yes join. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Join us in Mall Rats and A New Hope too. ANH is my favourite.

2 Likes

BASIC INFORMATION

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Rory Shepherd

PREFERED NAME: Raven Carrington

DATE OF BIRTH: July 4 2001

FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Only child. No cousins

HAIR COLOR: Natural Red

EYE COLOR: Green

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

PLAY-BY (your username here): Rory

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

PERSONAL FAVOURITES: Sweets, Gardening, Games, Cosmetics (Hair&Makeup) Punk rock, Animals

TALENTS: Cutting and dying hair, identifying plants and herbs, fluent in Latin, making and herbal medicine, making stuff naturally from plants

HABITS: Walks around barefoot, regularly sages her surroundings, tends to be nosy, constant offers for spiritual help, smiles even when not happy

SECRET(S): She is Wiccan and likes to do spells and rituals when no one is looking. The rest weigh heavily on her

DISLIKES: Judgmental people, seeing people hurting, the day time

FEARS: Never finding a place to fit in, being unaccepted because of her weight and beliefs

STRENGTHS: Cooking, making medicines, staying calm

WEAKNESSES: Cries when alone, self conscious about her weight, gets angered by bullies

PERSONALITY: Uplifting, likes to encourage others, she loves to teach others about using nature made things to their benefit. Raven is super friendly and loves to spread positive attitudes among those around here. She is always upbeat and smiling

BACKGROUND: Raven was adopted and raised by two moms who raised her as a Wiccan. She always dressed in dark colors and light makeup though it caused her to be outcast by her school mates. She spends her days studying natural herbal medicines and how to make them. Her true desire is to be a holistic doctor some day. She tried to find a cure for the virus but it didn’t work. The last person she saw was her best friend/kind of boyfriend (complicated) the day before he died from the virus. She wants to find somewhere she will belong and be accepted26213147-214x288

3 Likes

I finish my morning meditation just as the sun is up. I dress up in favorite black blouse, crimson skirt and black leggings. There’s a slight breeze while I brush my hair but I don’t mind it too much. There’s a rumble in my stomach and I dry heave. It happens from time to time the last few months. Not sure why. I make myself some herbal tea on the fire. Once it’s ready, I put out the fire and continue the direction I’ve been heading since the big meeting Corin held. As always, I am the last to leave after everyone else took off. I don’t mind being alone but after a while I want the interaction with people.

That’s why a couple of days ago I set out to find whoever I could. I heard of the perils in the city being caused by a guy named, Zoo or something like that. So I didn’t go there. As I came up a hill I was surprised with a town standing before me. With a shrug I pull my hiking backpack tighter around my shoulders and continue on. The few stands I see have no one there. Too bad because I have stuff to trade and they might have a few things I could use. I look around and ask the nearest person where Corin is. They look surprised that I’m barefoot but they still point down the path I’m already on. I continue down that way and I look over at the homes along the way. Outside of one of them I see a guy dressed in Victorian clothing and welding goggles leaning on a cane. His face looks painted too. I give him a small wave and it looks like he just tipped his hat to me.
As I continue I see people coming and carrying things. I hope it’s him. He and his cousin were the only people who were nice to me in school. So I take the chance, “CORIN?”
@Ash @Prometheus

2 Likes

OCC: Hello! So I’m back… I’m so sorry I’ve been gone for so long.

I will try and find time to read from where I was last in but if it’s okay can anyone give me a quick summary of what’s happening?

5 Likes

Devon

I place everything on the table and nod in agreement as Genesis explain how things are going at the moment. " You see, no need to worry about finding a place. Nobody will tell you to leave." i add on and start to set the table for breakfast. " Yes, but it will just take a few minutes, so don’t go that far. if you want to, i can give you a little tour after eating." i shout after Pratt.

Eve

Devon was setting the table and i place everything i have on the other side of the table. Then i watch this Pratt guy leaving. Why does he want to check the surroundings? Does he think this is a dangerous place? Or does he know something we don’t? Completly lost in thoughts i get a fright as i suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. " oh, " i sign a bit in relief as i face the new girl. " Sorry… i am Eve." i answer and listen to her explantation. As she mentions the clothes i nod. " Well i guess, i am just not used to it “i answer in all honest. For a moment i was thinking what to tell her either. That i am not really afraid of the clothes, that i was more the look in their eyes? That i makes me uncomfortable…. i guess no,
" There isn’t much to talk about, i was alone after the virus, Then i meet this group and they have offered me a job on the farm. and now here i am.”

@Prometheus

2 Likes

Prometheus

Not long after I come outside, I see a new face. She’s wearing a crimson colored skirt and she’s barefoot… To each their own I guess. She looks over at me and and waves. I lift the brim of my hat to her in greeting as she continues on. I take a couple of more into the yard and see a couple of stands that are empty. I also take note of the houses around so I can make sure to ask Devon or Corin… If he ever shows up, which ones are currently uninhabited. I don’t know about Luna, but I would rather not live in a house full of unfamiliar people. Even if she does, I would rather not. As long as she remains close though. I am then taken aback when I see a large red building. I wonder what that used to be. A slight breeze comes across my painted face. It’s going to be getting colder soon. If they’re harvesting, I better offer to help them with it. By the looks of things here, they need all the help they can get.

I think I hear Devon and Luna holler for me so I turn to go inside and to what Devon made when I hear a voice that must belong to that girl that came walking by. She shouted Corin’s name. I couldn’t tell the manner in which she shouted. So I walk over to keep a careful eye in case intervention is needed.

Luna

Eve tells me about how she was on her own before coming here. I guess that could be the story for most of us. I pat her on the shoulder sympathetically. It seems that there’s something more she wants to say but won’t. I can also sense that she is uncomfortable and doesn’t want to be further bothered.
“Well, Eve, if you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to come to us. Whether it’s for company or someone to just talk to, we’re here.”

I help finish setting the table and am startled when Devon hollers for Pratt. I forget how thunderous his voice can get. When I am getting ready to sit down, I see a larger girl in a crimson skirt pass by. I wonder if anyone here knows who she is. If she went to our school, I don’t recognize her.
“Dev, Gigi, who’s she?” I ask and point out the window.
@Ash @Rory @Catha

2 Likes

Sabrina

I feel myself shiver as a make my way to the cow paddock. I know it’s getting colder but I don’t want to think about it.

I know it’s going to be harder to tend for the animals as winter is well under way. Much more change of infections. I don’t want to think about that. I’ve been lucky with it so far.

I’m lucky enough to have one of the larges array of animals in the town.

200 cows
50 bulls
500chickens
50 roosters

I still wish dad would have gotten some sheep before the virus hit. Their wool would have been needed in bundles for this winter.

I peep under the blanket Fenella is swaddled by in her carrier. Fast asleep I smile.

“Morning Cows!
A choir of moos bellow. Welp Fenella is probably not asleep anymore.

I get back to the house at about 10am. I place Fenella in her rocker and go over to the stove and started heating up some water on my gas cooker. I know I shouldn’t be using it on something as unnecessary as this but I grab a mug out and put a tea bag in it. After I finish making a cup of tea I sit down and watch Fenella, interested in the little objects dangling from the rocker. As she grabs for a shiny butterfly I smile. It’s getting harder working the farm with her. She’s getting heavier and more in the way and I don’t feel comfortable leaving her in the house anymore because of the boy I saw a few weeks ago at the creek. Dusty creek I think it’s called. I know I should be asking for help but how can I pry anyone’s time. Maybe I should see if anyone could look after Fenella but still. The only person I’d trust is Genesis but she’s always so busy

I think about how much livestock I have. Maybe I could get someone to help me out on the farm and in return they get a decent share of food once it’s time to… I think about the blood and guts of my farm animals and give a shiver. It’s not a pretty business being a farmer but mum and dad have taught me well. Dad taught me how to kill an animal in the most “humane” way possible. well if you call it humane and Mum, well she’s and excellent skinner and she knows the best cuts. I need to grown some vegetables as well. I know I’m late for some but some vegetables still grow in winter don’t they?
I get up from the chair and start looking for Mum’s book on growing fruit and vegetables.

3 Likes

OOC- Sorry I was just wondering what are we going to do with the characters that might have dropped off and with the ones we need that don’t have the player posting as them

1 Like

OOC:

I think it’s best to give people time to post and jump back in. We just got active again and a lot of folks are busy.

4 Likes

OOC: yeah I think that’s a good idea. Give it a few weeks I think. I can also ask people as well :blush:

4 Likes

Hopefully we can get those folks back. That would be great to interact with them. @C.x @JacksAnnie even get @Ash back as Corin.

3 Likes