A Beginning - Roleplay

Yes I will work on posts for the Graythorn Kids tonight

1 Like

OOC. Iā€™m still interested too. I wasnā€™t well for a while and now Iā€™m trying to catch up! So life has been really busy lately!

3 Likes

Cheers, happy to hear from all of you. Hopefully youā€™re doing better, @C.x hugs

2 Likes

Are you accepting new players? I would love to join in on this with 2 characters

2 Likes

huhu i would say ā€œyesā€ā€¦ maybe a reason to start over again? what about the rest?

@Patch
@C.x
@Zandra
@Ash
@JacksAnnie
@Eagle

In my opinion, there isnā€™t a need to start over. Itā€™s barely lifted off. Iā€™d love to continue if you all would like to. And the harvest is a perfect place for new characters to jump in.

2 Likes

sorry, my translation faultā€¦ i meant to go on tooā€¦ not to start everything again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

BASIC INFORMATION
CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Prometheus Pratt Stone (Middle name was grandfathers name)
PREFERED NAME: Promethus or Pratt (depending on how good of friends they become)
DATE OF BIRTH: October 31ā€™st
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Half sister (Sheā€™s in the city) Son: Lorcan Stone (Passed away during birth)
HAIR COLOR: Purple and black
EYE COLOR: Hazel
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PLAY-BY: Prometheus

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
PERSONAL FAVOURITES: Hanging out with Luna Campbell, Calzones, camping, tinkering with gears and building stuff, Steampunk and dressing Steampunk
TALENTS: Crafting and building, caring for and maintaining livestock
HABITS: Is very guarded, does not trust most people very easily, does not sleep often, works himself beyond exhaustion, changes subjects when uncomfortable, tends to be alone
SECRET(S): His girlfriend died in childbirth 7 months before the virus and they couldnā€™t save the baby. He has others but letā€™s not give them all away
DISLIKES: Know it all tough guys, bullies, nosy people, being in charge
FEARS: Falling in love again, being around pregnant girls, that he will lose his only friend, Luna Campbell, Never seeing his half sister again, the new world will become like the old
STRENGTHS: Combat training, funcioning on very little sleep, protective of those around him, vigilant, caring for live stock, deceptively strong
WEAKNESSES: He will shut down if too uncomfortable or upset, he isolates himself, sick pregnant girls, over protective of Luna, not wanting to get too close to anyone, night terrors
PERSONALITY: A very guarded and sometimes reserved person. He has a soldiers mentality thanks to his dad and being forced to join cadet forces. He is assertive and to the point. Tends to be a man of few words when you first meet him as well as untrusting. Donā€™t give him a reason to not trust you. Loyal and very protective and always on guard. He doesnā€™t like to share his life before the virus and keeps many, many secrets

BACKGROUND:
Promethius is the son of a military Lieutenant and avid outdoorsman who opened a successful butcher shop after retiring from the military and raised livestock. His mother left his father shortly after he was born due to his father having afair and making another woman pregnant. He married her after the divorce and raised Promethus and his half sister with his new wife. They were close as ever. His father began training him at a young age how to survive on his own outdoors in the event the situation were to happen. He also trained him to be a future soldier like he was. He learned to fight and use various types of weapons. He placed in the cadet forces as soon as he was old enough though he did not enjoy but wanted to make his father proud. When he wasnā€™t being trained by his father he was working the farm caring for and maintaining the livestock for the butcher shop. Which made him deceivingly strong for being six feet tall and very slender at 160lbs. Those who got to know him, knew him as a kind a caring person with a good heart. Though he did get into a few fights while in school that generally saw him on the winning side.
Due to his upbringing, he wasnā€™t given a lot of time for friends and the few he made only used him for his money or to fight for them or to try and help them get a date with his neighbor and one of his best friends, aside from his half sister Which caused his trust issues. His best friends and neighbors were Renee and Luna Campbell. When he was fourteen he began dating Renee who was the same age as him. When he was sixteen he suffered an unspeakable tragedy that took Reneeā€™s life. Something that he prefers to not talk about.
It left him cold and hard and he has not smiled since. Seven months after the tragedy, his father and step mother were killed by the virus. He set out with Luna and his half sister. After the live stock became too sick and died or were run off, they knew there was only one way to survive. They must leave. He and Luna decided to go further into the country side and his half sister went to the city. Now he and Luna seek out to trade and find a home.

DIY-Steampunk-Robot-Makeup%20(2)

4 Likes

BASIC INFORMATION
CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Luna Marie Campbell
PREFERED NAME: Luna
DATE OF BIRTH: February 14th, 2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Sister, Renee Campbell (Died in childbirth) Nephew, Lorcan Stone (Died from lack of oxygen during birth)
HAIR COLOR: Red
EYE COLOR: Brown
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PLAY-BY: Prometheus

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
PERSONAL FAVOURITES: Theater, spending time with her sister and best friend Prometheus, tinkering with objects, Steampunk and dressing up Steampunk, children, learning, sports, rough housing
TALENTS: Singing, acting, crafting and building, sewing, babysitting
HABITS: Tends to act childish at times, argumentative and leaves the room when upset or frustrated
SECRET(S): She is a lesbian and She was contaminated with and survived the virus.
DISLIKES: Prissy girls who are all about looks, being told sheā€™s not appropriately dressed or exposing to much of herself, being hit on by guys, Prometheus not trusting anyone, her abilities being doubted, being talked over, bullies, children being ignored, people taking pity on her.
FEARS: She will be outed and no one will accept her. Her and Prometheus will never be happy again.
She might catch the virus again.
STRENGTHS: She survived the virus. She can fight, sheā€™s patient with children, can hide both of her secrets real well, keep the secrets others trust her with, she can keep calm in most situations, can haggle, she can build things and can repair and make clothing.
WEAKNESSES: When her sister and or nephew are brought up, quick to anger in certain situations, children being hurt, she has a tendency to fancy someone too quickly and comes off too tough and or closed off at times
PERSONALITY: Luna is a social and outgoing girl but stays on her guard like Prometheus taught her to do. She loves to prove that she is as tough as the boys and empower the young girls to remind them that girls are equal. She is a protector of the children and likes to be active and happy regardless of the tragedy she recently suffered.

BACKGROUND:
Luna was born in the country area and was the neighbor and best friend of Prometheus and his half sister all of her life. She enjoyed helping him on his farm with the cattle. Something most girls, like her sister, despised. She enjoyed most spending time with her older sister, Renee. In school she was not popular nor was she an outcast by any means. She was always into acting and the theater which helped her cope with not only her sexuality but to unlearn the prejudice ideologies her father raised her and Renee with.
She also took up wrestling as her other favorite past time was rough housing with the neighbor boys whenever they tried to pick on her. She loved to get the better of them and make fun of them. Which is why she took up sports and convinced the coaches at school to let her play on the boys teams.
When she turned fifteen, Luna began studying anything and everything that interested her. She also took up painting and enjoyed dressing up in Victorian Era styled clothing and adding gears to it.
That was when Prometheus started teaching her how to craft items with tools that did not require electricity. A hobby she delved into deeply.
The most exciting moment of her life was when Renee started dating Promethus and they were madly in love. The other was when he discovered her sexuality and was the first person to accept it. Renee found out later. She began to excel school again with that weight off of her shoulders.
One night Renee announced that even though she was only 16, she was pregnant. Luna was exited at the prospect of becoming an aunt as she loves children even if she might never have one of her own.
Nine months later Renee went into labor at home and when the paramedics arrived, complications took place and Renee was losing too much blood. To her horror, they said Renee had passed and that they were unable to save the baby.
The other heartbreaking moment for her in that tragedy was seeing every emotion slip out of Prometheus.
Luna lost a skip in her step after that. Seven months later her parents were two of the first ten victims of the virus in that area. A month after their passing, Luna was infected by the virus. Prometheus did what he could to care for her without contracting it himself. Two months later she had managed to survive it. Her and Prometheus burned down the house they stayed in as a precaution. Dressed in their Steampunk clothing, Luna knew the only thing she could do now was stick with her best friend and go where ever he went. Hopefully find others and start her life a new and maybe even, find love.ee002aee53fc1d68487e0f6fc8dc8656--steampunk-nails-steampunk-makeup

4 Likes

OOC: Two very interesting characters! Welcome aboard @Prometheus

3 Likes

Prometheus

After several weeks of walking and wandering, we made our way to other side of the country side. The city is completely out of the question. I decide to stop early today. Even if she doesnā€™t admit it, Luna needs to rest for a while. We have been traveling as many miles as we can from sunrise to sunset. Suddenly I could see another house. I tell Luna to wait and rest with our packs while I go to get a closer look. I decide to take off and leave behind my coat, goggles, top hat and cane so I could move quieter.
Keeping the property in site I kneel down next to a tree to get a look at the place. My father always taught me to scout out any unfamiliar place from a distance before attempting to get close. I check up in the trees and see no one. I lean over and using the tips of my fingers and the balls of my feet, maneuver in a zigzag pattern to a row of closer trees. Keeping concealed by the trees and the grass, I see a very young little girl running around the property while others are going in and out of the barn and what appeared to be two others on ladders picking fruit.

Then I saw someone else who seemed to have come out of nowhere. I had to do a double take. It couldnā€™t be. One of the girls picking fruit says something to him but I canā€™t hear them. I see him stand still for a moment. As he starts walking away awkwardly is what makes me certain it is who I think it is.

Itā€™s Devon. He helped us out on our farm and care for our livestock a few times when my dad was sick. I ducked when the two girls came down from the ladders and got too close for my comfort. One of them I recognized as one of Lunaā€™s class mates and the other was a blonde girl whom I couldnā€™t place. I hold my breath and stay motionless while I wait for them to walk by. Once they pass by and are a distance away, I once again, lean over and using the tips of my fingers and the balls of my feet, maneuver in a zigzag pattern back up the hill to Luna.

I find Luna where I had left her with our packs. Sheā€™s lying asleep on her blanket with her boots off. I let her sleep for a while longer. Luna has been going on and on about how we need to find a group of people and make some allies. Or at least stay long enough to easier trade for provisions and leave if we canā€™t eventually trust them. If Devon trusts the people there, then we got to give them a chance.

I quickly separate our food into knapsack and then wake up Luna.

ā€œCome on, Luna. Get your boots on. We have a friend down there. So we can get a feel for everyone and perhapsā€¦ā€ I couldnā€™t finish because I knew she would give me a hard time if I did.

She of course, did anyway. I put my goggles back on around my neck and then put my coat and top hat back on. She asked me what changed my mind.
ā€œLucky for you, Luna, there is a friendly and familiar face there,ā€ I answer her. ā€œYou should remember him. You always called him, Big Devon. If anything, itā€™s a place to rest for at least a few days. Longer, if we can trust everyone else there.ā€
I ignore her eye roll while I use her mirror to look at and paint the left side of my face with a silver and black robotic skeleton with gears and stuck gears to my face. Something I have been doing for a slight intimidation factor that keeps most from trying to challenge me. Itā€™s worked so far. Luna says sheā€™s ready, so we head to where I just was. I see Devon and call his name. Hopefully he will recognize me.

Luna

Weā€™ve been traveling ever since our parents died and every place we have seen is abandoned. Weā€™ve traded with a few people but thatā€™s it. I have been dying for some human interaction. Pratt is a good guy, donā€™t get me wrong but I would like someone else to talk to. A girl preferably. Finally he decides to stop early today and I am grateful because I need the rest.

We saw a property just over the hill. Pratt tells me to stay with the packs and his stuff while he checks the place out. I donā€™t mind doing it. Not like anyone will find us up here or he would have known. He has that gift. While he walks away, I take off my boots and wiggle my toes in the grass while I lay my blanket down.

I decide to lay down on my side and rest my head on my outstretched arm. I didnā€™t even realize I was asleep until Pratt woke me up. He tells me to get my boots back on. I put them back on and while he tells me we have a friend down the hill and hinted we might join them. I stop rolling up my blanket and look him in the eye.
ā€œOh? You mean you finally want to be around people and give strangers a chance to maybe become your friend?ā€
He chuckles and rolls his eyes but then tells me that he saw an old acquaintance. Big Devon. He used to help Pratt and his dad with their livestock and fixing their fences. He helped my parents once in a while and taught me how to play horseshoes. Then he said the one thing he says that is the most annoying thing in the world to me.
ā€œIf we can trust EVERYONE else there.ā€

His refusal to trust others wore thin for me a long time ago. It has cost us many places to stay and several potential friends. Itā€™s moment like this make hate that heā€™s the only person I can trust. Heā€™s the only person in this new world I know right now. I would even kill to run into some of my old school mates. I just need someone else to keep me company.
When I was finished packing up my blanket, I see him painting his face. I hate to admit, itā€™s a tactic that has worked every time heā€™s done it so far. I join him by painting a small lattice on each side of my face and sticking a gear above each of my eyebrows. I sling my backpack on and tell Pratt that Iā€™m ready. He slings on his backpack and has a smaller knapsack that I donā€™t question.

We walked down the hill. Pratt used his cane for leverage, we saw Devon and two other girls. One of them I recognized. One of them I couldnā€™t remember her name but everyone knew the other.
Pratt hollered Devonā€™s name and I happily hollered, ā€œGenesis!ā€
@Patch

3 Likes

Devon

It doesnā€™t take that long to count the potatoes. Most of them still needed to be broutht insideā€¦. I do one last look arround before i leave the barn and go outside. Making my way to the tractor, here i lay down the list on the driver seat as i hear someone calling my name. A dark voice, a familar oneā€¦ i turn arround and spot two people coming closer. I took me a moment till i noticed who is standing in front of me. I have no idea when i have seen him the last time but his voice and his grin, how often have i heard and seen it while helping out his fatherā€¦. i take a short loo at the Girl, but i am not sure if i know here.
" Look who has found his way back. Donā€™t tell me, you have missed me?" i joke and hold up my hand for him to shake on it.

1 Like

GENESIS

While I chat lightly with Lily, I canā€™t help feeling like Iā€™m being watched, but I roll off the feeling. Weā€™re surrounded by people and anyone could just be making sure we donā€™t fall off the ladders or seeing how much weā€™ve salvaged. Which in thought, is appreciated, if thatā€™s the case.

ā€œUgh, gross!ā€ I let the orange Iā€™ve just squeezed go, hurriedly wiping my hands on my handkerchief. Itā€™s so molded thereā€™s even a sour smell to it. I quickly climb down off the ladder, realizing this was the last of the branches. I look at Lily ready to call it a successful harvesting when my name is called.

Itā€™s not a voice I readily recognize, but I turn in the direction anyways as Devonā€™s name is called too. Two figures are rapidly approaching and I stiffen slightly, pulse quickened until I recognize their fashion. Iā€™d only known literally a few people who dressed so uniquely. ā€œLuna?ā€ I question, a half smile on my face. I havenā€™t seen my old classmate since the virus first started paranoia in our small town.

@Zandra @Catha @Prometheus

3 Likes

I like Genesis, shes easy to talk to and the more we talked the more she relaxed which was good. I am actually excited to get started and try my hand at the orange bars, she actually felt her calmest when she was baking and it felt like a life time ago since she had the opportunity for it ā€œWell I am excited to get startedā€ I smiled.

I turn as someone yells Genesisā€™s name, I was kinda glad it wasnā€™t new people as I think me and Liam had freaked the town out when we appeared out of nowhere, I didnā€™t want them thinking we had sent word to randomers to come.

3 Likes

Luna

I excitedly run passed Big Devon and straight to Genesis. When I reach her, I wrap her in a tight hug and kiss her on the cheek. I am so happy to be seeing her now. The first familiar face since the virus.
ā€œYou look great! How have you been? Do you still talk to Sabrina?ā€ I ask her hoping for a good answer.
I see the girl standing next to Genesis. Blonde, average buildā€¦ She is gorgeous. I am captivated by her dark eyes. I wonder if we went to the same schoolā€¦
I donā€™t get to ask her anything else after she answered me because Pratt walked up with Big Devon. I instantly feel bad when I realize that I ran passed him like he didnā€™t exist. My eyes light up seeing him and I shout, ā€œBig Devon,ā€ and run up to hug him.

Prometheus

I smile at Devonā€™s comment. I shake his hand and reply. ā€œYouā€™re damn right Iā€™ve missed you, Devon. Youā€™re the only person that was ever able to win an arm wrestling contest against my father.ā€ We both laugh for a moment. When I see Luna is talking to her old class mate. I think Luna once told me her name was Gigi.

I laugh when Luna runs up to and hugs him. I see Gigi and the other girl watching. I then take notice to my surroundings. This place is much larger than I first noticed. No wonder that child from earlier looked to be having fun. As I see others keeping busy I didnā€™t realized I asked out loud
ā€œSo who is the person in charge?ā€

@Patch @Catha @Zandra

2 Likes

GENESIS

Iā€™m as excited as Lily is to get started but first things first, greetings and all that. Just as Iā€™m hoping this will be a nice greeting, Iā€™m engulfed in a hug and kissed on the cheek. I try not to bristle, it is good to see a familiar face, but Iā€™m also not privy to such affection. I hug her back lightly before she pulls away, talking ninety-miles per hour.

ā€œIā€™ve been okay,ā€ I giggle a little at how lively she is. Me, on the other hand, Iā€™m exhausted and sweaty and canā€™t fathom I look as good as she claims. Before I can get anything else out she remembers Devon.

The guy she is with, I canā€™t remember his name, which is pitiful because I have an excellent memory, asks who is in charge and I find myself picturing Corin and his perfect smile and trapping blue eyes, with a hand sweeping through his floppy hair. I havenā€™t seen him all day, but heā€™s a picture that imprints in your brain, whether you maybe like him or not.

I clear my thoughts and begin to answer, ā€œEveryone really, but we have a sort of figure head to it all, you all remember the most popular kid in school right? Corin?ā€

2 Likes

Eve

Some voices behind me stops my thoughts and i turn arround. A boy and a girl have arrived and it seems like the others know them. I watch the scene and hestitate, should i just go and say hello!?

Devon

" Yeah and your dad hated losing. I had to matched against him till he has won." i laugh back. I totally forgot all the fun i had at that time. I turn arround and piont him to follow me as i see the girl suddenly running towards me and wrapping her arms arround me. Before i was able to get free i hear her calling me " big Devon" and i freeze for a moment. Could this really beā€¦?
" Omg itā€™s you!?" i shout out and wrap my arms arround her " I would say you guys need to explain yourself, where have you been?" I step back from the hug as i hear Pratts question.
" What about we talk inside, you guys must be hungry?"

2 Likes

Prometheus

I was getting ready to follow Devon when I heard who I think is Gigi ask me if I knewā€¦ Corin. I ask Devon to hang on just a second and try to gather my thoughts. Just my luck. The rich, pretty boy from school would be the one in charge. He always just seemed so full of himself back in school. I look over at Luna and sheā€™s giving me, THE GLARE. It says everything. I sigh and nod at her.

Itā€™s a different world now. I must give him the benefit of the doubt. My attention is caught by the brunette who is standing up the way staring at us. I give her a nod and raise the brim of my top hat to her and look back at Devon.
ā€œThat would be a grand idea. We could use a load off and some lunch. If you have the food to spare. Otherwise we can share ours. Weā€™ll gladly explain everything as well. First, it would only be proper if we speak withā€¦ Corin first. He is the figure head after all,ā€ I try to say not too smugly.
My guess about Gigi was correct when I heard Luna say her name a moment ago. Genesis is still as I remember her. Loving on the outside but always lost in her own thoughts.
I begin walking towards the direction of the house and hope that Devon will get ahead of me so I can follow him. I also canā€™t shake the feeling that some of the folks here, like that brown haired girl, wonā€™t take to kindly to me. Perhaps Iā€™m being paranoid.

Luna

Big Devonā€™s hugs are just as I remembered. Nice and big. I just donā€™t remember him almost crushing my ribs. Must be something new. I give him a kiss on the cheek before letting him go. Pratt is talking to him again and I see that look on Prattā€™s face when he hears Corinā€™s name. I glare at him because I know heā€™s already not sure of staying just because he never cared for Corin. He needs to give him a chance. I see that it worked when he sighed. I compose myself and giggle when I see that Genesis trying to place him.

ā€œGenesis, thatā€™s Prometheus. Remember? I always called him my big brother and teased you that you had a crush on him even though he wasā€¦ datingā€¦ Renee,ā€ I trailed off. I forgot that she didnā€™t know. Before I let the sadness overcome me, I focus on Pratt and heā€™s starting to walk with Devon. I begin to follow him and ask the blonde girl with us for her name and introduce myself.

@Catha @Patch @Zandra

2 Likes

GENESIS

I know the name, I look at Lunaā€™s friend again. It starts with a ā€œPā€, I rack my brain. Something unusual, but not obvious as something like the name Prince. This is what happens when youā€™re an anti-social. You remember a lot of faces, but names donā€™t always stick.

As he converses with Devon, I gather Lunaā€™s been watching me as she tells me his name. ā€œRight!ā€ I smile, grateful. I knew it started with a ā€œPā€. ā€œAnd Iā€™ll kindly remind you, I did not have not have a crush on him,ā€ I fold my arms defensively. ā€œBesides you know I was with Sterling and he had Renee.ā€ I donā€™t prod as to where her sister is. Iā€™ve learned not to ask, the deaths of more than half the planetā€™s population still fresh on everyoneā€™s hearts . It could be so Renee was a victim of the virus too.

ā€œSorry, sorry where are my manners,ā€ I trudge along behind Dev and Prometheus as Luna intros herself and asks after Lilyā€™s name. ā€œLunaā€™s an old classmate, I havenā€™t seen her in awhileā€ I explain to my orange-picking partner. Hopefully that makes her feel comfortable enough to introduce herself.

2 Likes

Devon

" Then letā€™s share yours and ours. " i suggest and noticed Pratts as he looks pass me and i turn arround. Eve stands besides the fence, watching us. She plays with her hands and i guess she was unsure what to do. ā€œItā€™s time for breakfast come oneā€ i shout out to her, before i turn back to Pratt and walk towards the house. " Thatā€™s Eve, she is helping us in the farm, she is ok, just a bit shy to people she doesnā€™t know" i tell him as we reached the house and i lead everyone to the kitchen.

Eve

The strange guys suddenly looks at me and nod. I swallow hard and nod back. His look let me get goose bumps.
Devon turns arround and call out for me. i nod at him and follow the little crowd. The girl looks friendly. Maybe i should start with herā€¦

2 Likes