A Beginning RPG Info and OOC thread

A Beginning RPG was created by @Eagle

The Set Up
May 5th 2018 (AUTUMN)

All the adults have now perished to this horrifying virus and the children are alone in the world. With electricity barely working and the wifi gone, everyone is trapped in their own bubbles. This perspective of their now tragical life takes place in a small country town . No more than 1000 lived there before the virus. Now only around 50 children left.

In this town there are limited shops. A small clothes shop, a hairdressers, a bar, a post office, and a small grocery store all beside each other. There is also a small gas station on the outskirts of town. A playground only 5 minutes walk from that and a primary school opposite. The highschool on the other side of town. Near the town run spaced out houses all having acres of land and farm animals habitating some.

The closest city is a day’s walk if no rest is taken. This country town is quiet and peaceful for the time being, compared to the chaos and destruction in the city that started as the adults started dying.

It’s survival time. Now everyone scared for their safety and their ability to sustain their own life the children have all agreed to have a meeting at the highschool to discuss their current situations and what boundaries need to be put in place. Is everyone willing to work together or is it their world now?

Can Corin be the leader he needs to be to keep the town from becoming like the dangerous places they seem to blissfully ignore outside their small town? Join the fun and find out!

1 Like

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Abigail Charlotte Graham. She is named after her maternal grandmother.
a%20child

PREFERED NAME: Abbi
DATE OF BIRTH: 21st June
GENDER Female
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Was the only child of older parents - Don Graham 73 & Christine Graham 53 (just realised that it’s not clear - but that’s their age of death - not their age when Abbi was born! So she was born when Don was 66 and Christine was 46!)

HAIR COLOUR: Strawberry blonde.
EYE COLOUR: Brown
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: An appendix scar. She had her appendix out when she was four.
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single, but while other 7 year old girls hate boys, she a tomboy and has more hobbies and interests in common with boys than girls.
PLAY-BY (your username here): @C.x

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Bo Newman

PREFERRED NAME: Bo
DATE OF BIRTH: 22nd May 2000
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): younger sister called Claire (the map drawer)
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Crystal blue
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single, Bi-Sexual
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Jack

CHARACTER BIRTH NAME: Catherine Louise Baker

PREFERED NAME: Cat
DATE OF BIRTH: 21/12/2003
FAMILY: None
HAIR COLOR: Red
EYE COLOR: Blue
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PLAY-BY: @Java

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Devon Carter
images

PREFERED NAME: Dev
DATE OF BIRTH: 27.02.2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): no
HAIR COLOR: dark brown
EYE COLOR: brown
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Catha

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Eve
images%20(2)

PREFERED NAME: Eve
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): a little sister (dead)
HAIR COLOR: brown
EYE COLOR: brown
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Catha

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Genesis Noelle Alexander

Grocery Store she’s overtaking

PREFERRED NAME: Genesis or GiGi
DATE OF BIRTH: 22 Dec 2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Everyone is deceased
HAIR COLOR: Brownish-Red
EYE COLOR: Hazel Brown
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: It’s complicated
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Patch

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Gwendylyn Harlow Graythorn.

PREFERRED NAME: Wendy
BIRTHDAY: December 17th
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): her brothers, twins:Johnny and Mikey got sent off to military academy prior to the adults all dropping dead. Now she Hopes that they are trying to return to her. Most everyone thinks that she will never ever see them again… but
Wendy believes she will see them soon.
She also has her cousin Corin here In town. He is he protector, but Wendy is basically in charge in their home, and Corin let’s her make most of their daily decisions about living.

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single. Never been in love. Dreams about the perfect boy, but so far…has not found anyone worth a second glance in the real world.
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Ash

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Liam Jones

PREFERED NAME: LJ
DATE OF BIRTH: 06/12/2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Twin (Female) Lily
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Had a girlfriend but unlikely he will see her again given recent events
PLAY-BY (your username here) @Zandra

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Lily Jones

PREFERED NAME: Lils
DATE OF BIRTH: 06/12/2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Twin (Male) Liam
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
PLAY-BY: @Zandra

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Luna Marie Campbell

PREFERED NAME: Luna
DATE OF BIRTH: February 14th, 2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Sister, Renee Campbell (Died in childbirth) Nephew, Lorcan Stone (Died from lack of oxygen during birth)
HAIR COLOR: Red
EYE COLOR: Brown
PLAY-BY: @Prometheus

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Prometheus Pratt Stone (Middle name was grandfathers name)

PREFERRED NAME: Promethus or Pratt (depending on how good of friends they become)
DATE OF BIRTH: October 31’st
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Half sister (She’s in the city) Son: Lorcan Stone (Passed away during birth)
HAIR COLOR: Purple and black
EYE COLOR: Hazel
PLAY-BY: @Prometheus

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Rinley Patrick Harper

PREFERED NAME: Rinley, Rin
DATE OF BIRTH: April 1st
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): None
HAIR COLOR: Brown
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Bray

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Sabrina Ridel

PREFERED NAME: Sabrina
DATE OF BIRTH: 14.8.2001
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): Fenella (Sister 2 months old) Monty (Cousin 17 years old ) Lola (Cousin 8 years old)
HAIR COLOR: Brown with blue tips
FULL BIO: A Beginning - Roleplay
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Eagle

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Scott James Moore

PREFERED NAME: Scooter
DATE OF BIRTH: May 31st
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): 2 older brothers, both killed by the virus
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Brown
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Bray

CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Vernon Starkey

PREFERED NAME: Vern
DATE OF BIRTH: January 25th 2002
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): A younger sister who went missing before the virus (I might bring her in myself at some point, maybe as a non-verbal character, but if anyone is interested in playing her, come talk to me!)
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: dark brown
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single. Never been in a relationship either, but is probably bisexual so there’s lots of possibilities to explore
PLAY-BY (your username here): @JacksAnnie

CHARACTER BIRTH NAME: William Corin Greythorn
tumblr_mtdq9ymgyI1r1oloro5_1280

PREFERED NAME:Corin
DATE OF BIRTH: August 8th
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): cousins from the City, whom he has always been close with until the virus. Johnny and Mikey , the 2 boys, and Wendy their sister. Wendy is here in the town. She was sent here when the virus began, and the boys went into military academy. Corin was supposed to have gone into the academy as well after his 18th birthday, but the virus struck and all the Adults seemed to have died so fast…
He feels as if he must step up and be an active member of this, The New Tribeworld, and make his family proud.

HAIR COLOR: dark dirty blonde
EYE COLOR: blue
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: he has thus far kept it always pretty casual. He has taken a few girls out on very formal dates during high school, but has yet to find a girl he falls head over heals in love with and opens himself up to.
PLAY-BY (your username here): @Ash

1 Like

Thank god for that, scrolling to find what I actually wrote it a pain hahaha

Omg AHAHAH yeahh it’s a drag

I’ll post mine in a sec

Meaning our extended profiles? Or am I missing something? Lol

THE SEASONS:
Summer: Dec-Feb
Autumn:March-May (We started on May 5)
Winter: Jun-August (Jun 1=Winter)
Spring:Sept-Nov

The time is currently the last day of May. I imagine they had a late Harvest trying to get everything together and salvage as much crops as could be. Winter is hard pressed upon them and they haven’t gotten much together.

Soooo I want to open the forum to discuss the jump into Winter! What are your ideas? Let’s plot together lovelies :blush:

2 Likes

I’m thinking the power should cut soon. Any opinions on that? :grin:

2 Likes

YES! That was my thought too. It’d definitely make for some fun Winter posts. Everyone has been loving nice and cushy. I mean they’ve probably had some blackouts right or rolling electrical issues but now it’s tome to take away that security :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I was going to ask how long before that happens. Make it better @Eagle they lose power the first time it snows

1 Like

Yeah I think the power should come off and on a few times before it goes all together. Sorry is that you what you’re saying @Patch

1 Like

I was saying I’m sure that has already been happening since the adults died. But I agree with you too

Also at work but will post when I get off

1 Like

Ahhh okay.

since we lost the power we need to warm up everyone, which means we need wood. i guess thats a good job for the men and maybe a good chance for us to let a few people move in together

but we will do the harvest dinner after all?

2 Likes

Oooh that’s a good idea

What is everyone thinking about when the power should completely cut?

1 Like

honestly i thought it is cut off since the adults are death… i mean… who should keep it running ? at least the biggest part

thats why Devon as a shower with a fire place :wink: who wants warm water, need to cook it first

Sabrina stated in one of her earliest posts of the rp that the electricity was still running, just barely. So I’ve been going off of that thought.

It’d be perfect during say a storm for it to completely go caput, kicking the town into gear on some of those things they discussed in the meetings Corin has held.

Also if you guys don’t want a Harvest dinner, that’s cool. I was just trying to get us going again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

ähm… i have asked about the dinner, because i would like to do it… but i will follow the crowd

2 Likes

Harvest dinner sounds good!

Also with the power. In my opinion I don’t think anything should cause it. I feel like it’s more likely for the power would just got out randomly but if we want it to happen after a storm that’s cool as well.

My thoughts are it happens just in the 2nd week of winter where it’s already cold and getting colder and people are taken off guard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good plan…………

One last thing. Should we give the town and the city actual names? They were based off real places (somewhere I used to live when I was younger ahaha)

1 Like