A Beginning RPG Info and OOC thread

Yep sorry!

1 Like

:warning: - puts on Admin cap-

I know we love this rp. We want it to be busy and rolling with posts and multiple characters, but please, I beg of you. DO NOT create a second account on the forum and pretend to be someone else. Our Tech guy has warned me multiple accounts from the same ip address can give technical problems with our forum software. You could very well be locked out during an update because a second account flags you as a security issue. :warning:

Hey so some more details about the city if people want to know

The electricity is still fully functioning. There are a few little outages in things but since a lot of generators are around the place the power is still working a lot better than the town.

This means in the city a lot of people still have phones. The latest models of the popular brands were the iPhone 8 and X and the Samsung S7 (correct me if I’m wrong

A lot of kids are obsessed with their phones using it as a coping mechanism. There is no wifi so it’s whatever apps, music that was on their phone at the time of the virus.

If this doesn’t make sense let me know or if it isn’t logical or something ahahahah. I don’t want it to too far from accurate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think iPhone XS, XR, XS Max if we’re using 2018…otherwise it was the iphone 8 and iphone X and their plus models

1 Like

Yeeep sorry I’ve just checked I’ll edit my post

I have more questions about Winter :joy:

What is a typical Winter like? What happens? Any huge events? holidays? Is Christmas a big deal?

Also on the subject of time, how are they keeping it? The town still has electricity but what happens when the clocks go and such?

1 Like

Winter is from June-August so no Christmas yettt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nothing much happens in Winter because everyone is cold lol.

Well with the clocks and watches it will be a slow process. Some will still go because people will replace the batteries but over time different clocks and watches will say the same thing. Not many people have clocks since phones are a thing but the phones clocks are all out because of them not being able to be synced up anymore. Clocks haven’t really started doing this yet because it’s only been a monthish after the virus but for some this won’t matter too much because they were taught how to tell the time with where the sun is in the sky.

1 Like

My character Bo had no need for a mobile.

2 Likes

Yeah a few people are like that in the town as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol I ask about Christmas because in the States we do Christmas in July events :joy:

That makes sense with the clocks, thank you :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Ahhhhh yeahh. We don’t really do that here I don’t think.

1 Like

Now I know we’re just at winter but If we get past it, in light of where I live burning as we type I feel like bush fires needs to be a key thing in summer. Since there will be no hazard reduction (if you don’t know it’s when the fire fighters burn off land in a controlled environment so that area of land is less likely to burn once we hit bushfire season) I think we should have a really nasty bush fire.

1 Like

That could bring everyone together

1 Like

I have a coworker who just returned home to Canberra(?) for her sister’s passing and a few Tribal friends who live all over. The map of the fires is astonishing. Hope all will be okay for you all.

How are you doing? Your family? Everyone okay?

2 Likes

Yeah we’re good! Luckily since I live in the mountains they have a lot of fire engines and rescue vehicles because we have a lot of bush land. Only 1 fire started in my town but it got put out pretty quickly. Hopefully your friends are okay!

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. I’m grateful you live in such an area with those resources. And thank you.

3 Likes

Another question…what types of animals (if any) are in our area?

3 Likes

Tonnes of Kangaroos, Wallabies, wombats, kookaburras, cockatoos, foxes (they’re nasty), magpies, and reptiles, common grass snake, red belly black (dangerous) brown snake (dangerous); arachnids, common house spider funnel webs (dangerous), huntsman, daddy long legs, white tail (dangerous), red back (uncommon but dangerous) wolf spider,

4 Likes

One too many spiders, I’m never visiting Australia :joy: lol

Thank you though for answering my random questions

2 Likes

That’s okay! I asked to get as many random questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: