A New Hope

KC

I sit back in my bed and burry my face in ym Hands. Ok we are on that piont again…… " I know" i answer Alice, trying to calm her down. Last time it was me how turns a bit crazy about the whole situation and she has to calm me down… i guess thats what happens when you are always have to be that close to each other.
" Ok, then let’s do it that way." i add on. I look down at me. I have to give her that, washing isn’t a bad idea.

@Jack

Ebony:

As our boat runs aground I’m not surprised to see everyone scrambling to get on land, but I’m immediately paranoid about what surprises this place has in store for us.
I climb up onto the roof of the trawler, still nimble as a cat in spite of our time at sea.
Holding up the old pair of binoculars we had stashed below deck, I peer through the lenses, trying to spot any potential threats.
If there are any dangers, that damn crying kid is going to alert them to our presence.
As I glance towards the sound of Brady, I see Slade take a hand in helping Trudy with her.

I feel an immediate sharp stab of irritation towards Trudy.
I’ve seen that same look in her eyes before…and I don’t like it at all.

“We should really stay close to the boat. We don’t know what’s out there.” I say it a little too loudly, so it seems like I’m talking to everyone, but I’m not looking at them to see who’s listening to me.

I nod at the tree line. The jungle looks thick. For all I know someone could be watching us right now.
“But We need fresh water. I’ll go.”

i hang the binoculars around my neck and Quickly drop down onto the main deck.
“Lex! You wanna come along?”
I purposely ignore asking Slade. I don’t even glance his way…this whole trip on the boat has left us in a weird place.
Seems we argue more often than not…and the whole thing with Ruby…well, I don’t know.
Right now, I’m pissed off and thirsty.

I grab up the water containers and my rucksack.
Still standing on deck I look down at Lex, who’s just knocked over Gel into the surf.
The scene just keeps getting more complicated as everyone else starts to exit the boat.

I frown…thinking that maybe I’ll just walk away by myself and nobody will even notice. Certainly nobody would really care.

@Patch

@Lex

4 Likes

Jack

None of us were familiar with Zak before the boat journey, except for May. Maybe my reaction was a bit over the top to someone I barely know, but in the moment I was overjoyed to of reached land, and no longer have to be confined to just the boat. I was only showing my gratitude, Zak had saved the Mallrats.

There was no doubt about it that emotions were running high. Salene was sounding more like Trudy as I heard her scream “What happened?”, little Bray was crying his eyes out, Ebony was looking sturn as I saw her climb on to the roof of the trawler and then there was Ellie stuck in one of her moods, and I certainly didn’t help the situation by my exit from the boat. The hand I had offered her was not accepted, instead she jumped down from the boat.

As Ellie made contact with the sand, I stepped back into her as Zak made his feelings know about the way I had said thank you. A further glare and the loudest tut came from my miserable girlfriend.

I open my mouth and stutter “S-s-sorry Captain Zak.”

I gulped … seriously come on Jack what are you doing, you are not helping the situation, sorry would of been just fine.

Ellie pulled my arm, and got us out of the way to allow the rest of the Mallrats off the boat. Ellie sat, and I stayed standing watching my family. I stayed completely silent. Probably for the best. It gave me a chance to think, that there could of been more to the way Zak reacted, or maybe I was just to much, and the fact he was ignored by us all when he said “So what’s the plan?” made him react in the way he did.

2 Likes

LOTTIE

I stand on deck, looking over the side of the boat watching everyone scramble for land. It’s like everyone is so desperate to get off the boat, they’ve forgotten their survival instincts. Well, not everyone, I block the sun with my hands as I look up at Ebony on the roof, taking the command nobody asked her for.

She’s right about a few things though, we don’t know what lurks in the unknown, we should stick close to the boat, and we’ll need drinking water. I lick my cracked, dry lips instinctively as I dream about a refreshing drink of fresh water.

“And food, don’t forget that!” I shout, holding my aching stomach. It pangs with sorrow, longing to be filled with something other than the poor rations we’ve been dealing with.

@Ash

Gel

As the boat hits the rocks, it shakes

“AHHH” I squeal as I slide of the seat I am on “Lex, Lex… What was that?”

I stand up and run over to lex, I grab my mirror from the bag and check my hair, pushing a few loose strands back in place, Lex sighs and jumps off the boat, I look at him and see hes not happy…

“Help a lady down?” I ask flirtively at him…

I see him mumbling under his breath as he moves his bag back onto his shoulder, as he does it hits me causing me to loose my balance and fall in…

“AHHHH!!” I squeal loudly…

I catch my breath from the cold water… I see a hand in front of me and see Lex offering to help me up…

“YOU PUSHED ME IN” I squeal loudly " I AM ALL WET, MY CLOTHES ARE RUINED, MY HAIR!! " I squeal…

I take Lex’s hand and pulls me to my feet, I look down at my outfit

“I’m a mess” I moan “I need my clothes and my make up” I move up the beach a little away from the waters edge and look around

“How can I live here, its sand and wood, theres now houses or baths, I need a bath I can’t go around like this, Lex, Lex” I moan…

2 Likes

Ryan

I hear someone walk in the building slamming the door and then I hear Patsy yell my name, she sounds angry and upset… Leaving what I am doing I run over to her… She tells me KC and Alice have gone…

“It’s ok” I say “Perhaps they are on a work party or something”

I try to calm her down, I still looked at her as my daughter, Salene and I had looked after them back at the mall, we were family, I give her a hug… She says the Guardian was still on the cage… I feel my blood start to boil I still had alot of anger towards him… He stole my wife and my child… I would have killed him that day in the mall if the guards hadn’t been called… I hated him… This was his fault… I had felt I couldn’t go back to the mall so made my own way until I found the Patsy and the tribe she was in… They were about survival…

“I should have got them out!” I say angrily… as I punch the wall… My anger building, not realising my knuckles are bleeding from the hit on the concrete… “I put it off for too long waiting for the right timing” I growl “I need to work out a way to get them out” I say to Patsy…

@Patsy

2 Likes

Zan:

The movement on the beach plays in my mind, something definitely feels more off than usual, I hurry my steps and head to the extremely overgrown area that I found not long after I escaped, it was a good place to hide away because no one could see through the thick brambles that surrounded the area. I only found my way into the centre of it out of chance, though rushing in this time I did get a few little scratches on my arm.
I feel really uneasy and exploring can wait.

2 Likes

Alice

I lent forward to KC, and gave him the biggest hug and whispered into his ear, “Thank you. You really have changed.”

After our hug, we were ready and determined to get outside, stock up and then settle back into hiding. I really wanted a sleep so I pretty much dragged KC to his feet and we did the steps in the dark to the fire exit that we came in through. Before exiting I stripped 2 of our pillow cases off to use to be able to carry the coconuts and berries back in.

I was ahead of KC and I peered through the broken glass, the coast looked clear. I pushed down on the bar. I stepped out and felt the sun on my face. I smiled and took a deep breath, and just took a moment and took everything in.

1 Like

KC

" Hey, hey… it’s fine" i shout out as Alice hugs me. I really like her, but i wished she would hold back her bear hugs to someone how likes it. I tap her back careful till she let me go and we made our way outside. I see her stop walking and grin as she closed her eyes to enjoy the sun light for a moment. I let her that moment, take myself a deep breathe of fresh air, before i start to look arround, searching for movments in the bush or any noise …

1 Like

DANNI

Stretching slightly I lean back from the machine I’ve been working on and rub my eyes gently. It’s been a long morning coordinating the plan for the next month but I’d managed it. The power had dropped more than once which was frustrating but that was the downside to being on an island and not working on the mainland.

Glancing around I smile slightly, it had been hard work to get to a position where I felt happy but I was finally seeing the rewards. I still had a slight question of conscience when I saw the prisoners in the cages but I was reminded of the argument that sometimes the needs of the few came below the needs of the many.

Powering down the system I stand and secure my zapper at my waist before heading towards the door. The sunlight makes me squint and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust from the relative darkness that I’d been working in, turning I carefully secure the door behind me before walking away from the beached shipping containers that had been turned in to my office. The joy of an old military island was that there were little quirks like this that we could use to our advantage, the shipping container was cool and had already been set up for us by the adults that had commandeered this island previously. It had been some kind of battlefield practice unit, well according to the documents I’d found while reviewing paperwork, which meant there were probably other exciting things we just hadn’t discovered yet.

Gently rubbing my wrist as I walk I frown as the sunlight hits my skin, the only downside to the uniform was the way it absorbed the heat and I can already feel sweat building under the fabric. We had basic facilities here but I really would love a proper shower and washing machine to help me feel fresher.

I’m nearly barrelled in to by a terrified looking guard, “be careful where you’re walking,” I snap, the heat adding to my irritation. The young man stutters ‘sorry commander, I’ll be more observant next time.’ I’m almost tempted to reprimand him further but he scampers off before I have a chance. Shaking my head I walk in the direction the guard has just come from. Entering the container we used as a main base I glance at the hunched figure in front of me, “you aren’t doing your back any favours by standing like that.” I comment before moving further in to the room, “lieutenant.”

@Trudy

Ryan says its okay, its not okay. They are no longer there, the hope of seeing KC again has gone away. It feels like everything is falling apart. she wanted to cry. He punched the wall, saying he should have gotten them out. Shaking her head she looked over at him.“We should have, we’re two in this Ryan” she said with a sigh.

Letting her eyes study Ryan she notices blood running from his knuckles. "“ryan, your bleeding, let me fix that” she said, both of them had waited for the right time, for the time to be correct for them to help their friends.

Pushing herself up from the chair where she had been sitting she walked over to where they kept clean sheets, she tore of some and found some water, before returning to Ryan

@Salene

Alice

We took a very slow approach to the location of where we found the coconuts and the berries. They were probably about a 5 minute walk from the building. Slightly further on from them was a small spring where KC was going to wash.

I was being very vigilant as I picked the berries first, my head was doing loops looking around hoping I would see no guards appear. I managed to get several handfuls from these bushes. I placed them all in one of the pillowcases.

I stood up from the crounch I was holding myself in, and walked over to the coconut tree singing softly, “I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts.”

I could see KC now from my location. He had removed his shirt, and I was taken back in awe of how muscular he now was. He even has a rather hairy chest. We are all growing up so fast.

I vigorously shake the tree. Nothing. “Oh, let’s try that again”, I mutter,. Again, I wiggle it but with a bit more force. Maybe a bit too much this time has coconuts fell all around me. I was bloody lucky I didn’t get one plonk down ono my head.

1 Like

KC

Alice walks towards the big bush with the berries and i turn to the little spring an start washing. i sit down and do a last glance arround, but everything seems to be quiet. I sighs in relief and undo my shirt. I hold out my hands into the cold waterand i feels like heaven. I close my eyes for a moment before i start throwing some water in my face and over my shoulders. Alice was right, this was really needed…
Suddenly i hear noises from the bush. Carfeully i stand up and walk back to Alice. I found her while she was wiggling a tree. I place my hand on her arm and bring on finger to my mouth; pionting her to be quiet. " We are not alone."

@Jack

1 Like

Ryan

I know Patsy was right… We should have worked together… I keep thinking of her as a little girls who needs protecting, I forget shes growing up… She disappears and comes back with torn sheets and water and starts to bathe my hand…

“Thank you” I say sighing “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have got angry”

We had lost so much over the years, Cloe rescued us from the transit cages and then seemed to disappear with that techno Ved… Leaving Patsy and I to fend for ourselves… I vowed I would look after her and protect her… Together we found the place we were staying in, we foraged for food together… Its always safer in pairs and we collect more… We kept a watch on who passed through the transit cages thats how we found out Alice and KC had been move to the island… Patsy finishes dressing my hand and I look at her, unsure what to do or how to comfort her…

“Perhaps they are still on the island… Alice is strong, KC is cunning and cheeky, maybe…”

My voice trails off as I think of all the possible outcomes…

@Patsy

2 Likes

Looking at Ryans knuckles Patsy carefully cleans the bruises at his hand. She looks at him after she has finished cleaning it. He spoke to her. “Dont appologize” She said with a small smile.

Maybe Ryan is right, maybe they still are at the island? Who knows she wonders. Thought his description of Kc and Alice makes her smile. KC is cunning and cheeky, he’s always been that. She thinks with a small smile.

He had given her such a hard time for joining the chosen, even if she helped the mallrats in the end, she wasn’t certain if everyone knew or trusted that.
“We can hope, I had hoped they would be here with us”

@Salene

1 Like

Ryan

“We will find them” I tell Patsy “I promise”…

I know how she feels, these lost friends reminding her of the other friends we have lost… I sigh

“Who knows how big this island is or what else is here”

I know that we have been here for what feels like forever and the only people we have seen are the guards and the people who come into the transit cages…

“Come on, Lets find some food” I say to Patsy sighing… “We have to eat and keep our strength up”

@Patsy

Looking over at Ryan, Patsy lets out a sigh. Food. Knowing that Ryan is correct she lets out a little sigh. “we should find out, thought, thats probably easier said rather then done” Patsy says before pushing herself up.

“food? I dont know whats left ryan, we will probably have to head out” she says with a sigh. The thoughts of leaving and heading out again is not tempting, knowing that they are no longer in the cages… Where are they?

@Salene

Ryan

Knowing Patsy could do with a distraction, I get up and grab 2 of the bags we use to collect food…

“Come on” I say softly to her “Let’s go and collect some food and while we are out we can keep a look out for them…”

I know how she feels, having to stay invisible, trying not to get recapured, always on look out for anything and any one unusual was hard and scary and brought back memories of being in the city, hiding and fighting for our lives from the Locos, the Chosen and the Technos… The Technos still seemed to have control of the island…

@Patsy

Hearing Ryan say come on, Patsy looks over her shoulder at him and the two bags. “Fine,” she says in a whisper. Maybe they will see KC and Alice? Maybe they are out there, unless they are gone. Wiped out just like the adults. It went cold down her back and took a deep breath. She stretches her arm out and takes one of the bags.

“Where do we go?” she asks

@Salene

Alice

KC places his hand on my arm, i feel a slight grip forming. With his other hand he raises it up to his mouth and whispers “we are not alone”.

I stare at him bewildered. This is the moment I was dreading, I should never of allowed it to happen. It was nice whilst it lasted I suppose, we couldn’t stay hiding forever.

KC was right, a figure stepped out of the bushes from behind him. I spun KC round to see what I could see. It was the enemy; a tall dark haired Techno stood just staring at us. He didn’t move.

I begin to feel my heart start to race, it’s going to explode. I worry that there could be more Techno’s about to make there presence known. I have to stay free.

I nudge KC and say, “Are you ready for a fight, because I know I am.”

@Catha