Mall Rats Return

Luc

I listen without interupting “If you loved him and he loved you the last thing he would want is for you to be feeling alone” I hadnt been ‘in love’ so it was kinda foreign to me but I am going to winging things “You have the pressure of losing someone you love, your back at the Mall and you don’t know why, you’re pribably feeling extremely overwhlemed by everything. I am trying to not to sound sex mad but with all that build up and pressure you need a release, even if its not with me… Though I’d prefer it if it was”

DANNI

Luc actually listens to what I’m saying, not that I didn’t think he would but I’m also slightly surprised. The things he’s saying make sense, especially about being back at the mall and feeling overwhelmed, and although this wasn’t quite the outcome I’d anticipated maybe it would help… ’I’ll think about it,’ I tell him after a moment.

Pausing I look over at the others, ’what if people spot us? I mean, it wouldn’t exactly be subtle when there are always people around the fountain? I don’t fancy being the centre of gossip, especially not on my second day back in the mall.’ Although we’d all changed since our days in the mall I highly doubted everyone had grown out of their gossipy personalities and I didn’t fancy having to explain myself to everyone. ’Moving upstairs would reduce the chance of prying eyes, and wagging tongues!’

Luc

I cant help but smirk “Miss Danni, are you trying to use my attraction of you and the idea of wagging tongues to get a room closer to mine” I pause before adding “Because if you were I would definitely say its working… I’ll tell Callan that I ok’d for you and Red to move upstairs and will obviously find some diplomatic reason other than trying to get into your knickers… Thays if you wear them”

DANNI

Luc asks if I’m trying to use his attraction to get my own way and I laugh before shrugging, ’I mean… do you think I’m the kind of woman who would do that?’ I can’t help but feel relieved when he agrees, even if I wasn’t considering his proposition I would be glad to move upstairs, it somehow felt safer and would be away from the majority of the mallrats… he finishes my asking if I wear knickers and I can’t help but laugh again, ’that’s for me to know, and you to possibly find out.’ I was surprised how quickly he had managed to reassure me, but it also made sense given what I knew about him. He obviously had a silver tongue.

Luc

I let out a laugh “I think any woman would absolutely use her assets to try getting what she wants, but I would do the same”
“Is that a challenge?” I couldnt help but grin, it definitely sounded like a challenge to me and the fact shes gong to be on the same floor is going to make things alot more fun.

I glance towards Callan “You guys can go pick a room each, Callan will be fine with it” I tell her confidently, in truth we had briefly discussed it and knew that some would need to move upstairs if more people kept arriving.

DANNI

’It might be!’ I laugh when he asks if my comment is a challenge, ’guess there’s only one way for you to find out.’

Luc tells me we can pick a room each and I nod, ’alright, easier to do it now before we settle into the ones we’ve picked.’ I had a feeling some might find us moving upstairs weird, but I wasn’t particularly interested in their opinion.

Giving him a slight smile I move to stand up, ’I’ll let Zandra know, I’m sure she’ll be glad it’s sorted and we can go pick our rooms… might need some help lifting the heavy furniture later, if you’re about.’ I add with a cheeky wink.

Luc

I grinned, not gonna lie I do love a challenge and countless ideas where flying through my mind at this moment in time. I nod when she stands and says she is going to tell Red, then she added about the lifting and I couldn’t help add a little something "I do love doing some lifting… Does lifting someone onto a chest of drawers count?

DANNI

I somehow manage to stand without falling over when Luc makes a comment about lifting someone onto a piece of furniture… I knew exactly what he was implying although try not to focus on that.

Instead I put my focus into walking over to Zandra, acutely aware of Luc’s eyes on me. I may put a little more swing in my step than usual, just because I can.

Moving over to Zandra I give her a look, ’thanks for that… talk about feeding me to the wolves!’ I shake my head, ’but it worked in our favour and we can move upstairs. I’m going to go get my stuff now and spend some time sorting out the new room.’

Zan

I laughed “Hey the conversation had to happen at some point and at least in the cafe it looks like a natural conversation rather than an intriguing one where people want to know whats going on…” I couldn’t help but smile when Danni says we can move upstairs “Oh my god that is amazing news!” I tell her happily.

Honestly moving upstairs will give me more breathing space “I think I’ll clear the one up here out before moving my stuff up, with how dusty they were at the start I cant image what these ones are like” the thought of cleaning wasn’t exciting at all however it was a needed chore.

DANNI

’Valid point, anyone wondering probably thinks he was just checking I want too hungover… right?’ I had a feeling we weren’t as subtle as I liked to think but I could pretend.

’Ive not got much to move, basically just a bag, so I’m going to take that up and then pick a room.’ I wanted to get out of the cafe so I could process the conversation I’d just had with Luc. To some ‘friends with benefits’ was probably really easy, and we definitely had chemistry, but I just needed a bit more time to decide if it was what I really wanted or if I was just getting caught up in the moment.

Zan

I give Danni a nod “Fair enough, I’ve accumulated quite a few bits between what was in the room and the storage cupboard” there was still a material girl part of me that existed, and considering how happy I was when dressing up, doing hair or makeup I was eager to try and take part of that back.

“I bet the lingerie shop has gone, that used to be my room and I loved it, lingerie just suits me” I tell her with a sigh “Come on, let’s get out of here” I tell her, and head out of the cafe, I was still surprised that there was alot of people still not having breakfast.

DANNI

’All I found was comics, figurines and an unused staff area, nothing I can’t live without!’ I could do with looking through the storage stuff at some point although I had a feeling there wouldn’t be any clothes in there, maybe the serpents could point us in the direction of a clothes trader as I only had limited stuff with me.

Nodding at Zandra I sneak one more glance towards Luc before heading out of the cafe, ’you never know, it might still be available.’ I comment, ’I wouldn’t want to move back into the same room, ready for a change!’

Giving her a small smile I head straight to the shop I’d claimed and grab my bag, shoving the rest of my stuff back in it I look around once before heading back towards the stairs, the sooner I claimed a room the sooner I could actually settle.

Zan

“I like having things, it’s been awhile since I could have anything I wanted and not going to lie, I really love having things” I laughed lightly as we walked “You think?” I reply about it possibly still being free smiling “I loved lingerie and who knows what I might find in there. I’ll keep you in mind for any sexy sets that might be your size” I tell her with a smirk. I couldn’t help but tease her abit, it was all banter but I wanted to keep the idea of her and Luc light-hearted and not too serious.

I headed over to the lingerie shop giving a knock but when there was no answer I opened the door hoping that I wasn’t going to walk in on someone changing “Its free!” I call over to Danni happily and amazingly it wasn’t as dusty as the rooms downstairs.

DANNI

Reaching the top of the stairs I look around before moving towards the back of the mall. One of the rooms catches my attention, it has a nice appearance from outside and the faded ‘leather’ sign appeals.

I manage to get inside although there’s stuff piled in front of the door, it looks like there was some sort of riot in here, a lot of the stuff is trashed but it’s a good size and feels more comfortable to me than the comic shop I’d picked yesterday.

Zandra calls out that the lingerie shop is free, and I’m pleased for her, although not entirely sure I’d fancy wearing any lingerie out of there given how old it would be!

Moving to the centre of the leather shop I try and come up with a plan of action. I almost needed everything emptied out and then I could start again…. Although that might be a bigger job than I wanted to take on right now.

Thinking back to last night I remember Lottie had been part of our conversation about moving upstairs, I hadn’t seen her in the cafe but that didn’t mean she wasn’t awake yet.

Deciding I don’t want to tackle moving furniture’s just yet I climb back out of the room before heading back downstairs, walking over to the music shop I knock on the door, ’Lottie, it’s Danni,’ I announce before waiting patiently to see if she’s awake.

Lottie

I was in some need of coffee and something to eat but one look in a mirror made me stop and make a face, party hard and crash hard equals looking rough in the morning I guessed. Though I hadn’t really partied that hard it had been a long couple of days coming into the city and everything that’s happened after.

I smoothed out the bird’s nest I called my hair and changed into some new clothes that were more mine and clean. The knock on the door did take me a bit by surprise but soon enough I heard Danni’s voice and her confirming it was her. I opened the door and smiled softly, “Hey Danni, was it only me waking up with a hang over this morning?” I jokingly asked but I then stopped still smiling softly though as I figured Danni had come by with something on her mind.

DANNI

Lottie opens the door with a smile, ’oh god no, I felt like death,’ I admit, ’but porridge and coffee helped, a bit. Still think I’m going to need a nap later though,’ I add with a quiet laugh.

’The reason I stopped by was because Luc agreed for us to move upstairs, and after the chat last night I thought you’d probably like the idea as well.’ A few of us had been part of the chat and Lottie had seemed keen, Cloe had implied she’d prefer to stay near the door so I wasn’t going to mention it to her as I didn’t want to overwhelm her. ’Zandra and I have both grabbed empty shops but there are still a few available so I thought you’d like to stake your claim before anyone else does!’

Lottie
I let out a laugh as I knew exactly how she felt “I hear you, It felt like my head was gonna explode when I woke up” oh food did sound really good when Danni mentioned porridge and coffee, it was exactly what I was gonna get later on.

My eyebrows shot up and I nodded my head remembering the conversation, “Oh yeah, that conversation is coming back to me now” I said as I remembered it more clearly. My eyes then gave out that look of excitement as I smiled. “Yes! oh absolutely yes! you know what I just have my bag here and I’m ready to move right on into my new…home I guess for the nearest future”

@Danni

DANNI

’Yeah, they’ve made a big batch of both in the cafe so plenty to go around,’ I tell her ’the coffee isn’t exactly amazing, but it’s helped me wake up. Better than nothing!’

Hearing the enthusiasm as she remembers the conversation I laugh, ’thats how I felt, although seeing the state of the room I’ve picked I may change my mind,’ I add, ’you can tell this place has been abandoned.’ it was weird seeing the mall like this, I remembered it from when we were younger and it definitely hadn’t been this dilapidated but it was still standing so that was something.

’Up to you if you want to come claim a room, or want breakfast first, but I didn’t want you to miss out!’

Zan - Lingerie shop

I am actually feeling a lot better now that I am upstairs, maybe the space will help everyone here. Taking off the covers and sheets I pile them by the door, I’d bring up the sheets and covers from downstairs.
There isn’t really much in the lingerie shop, a few sexy underwear sets hung in a wardrobe, some pairs of heels on the floor and the rest was rubbish. Putting all the rubbish in an empty box I sing quietly to myself sorting through the room.

Life as a 14-year-old was so much easier, even though it meant losing my parents, facing the locos and tribe circus in hindsight that was easy considering what came next.

Alice

Zandra says hello back, she seems nice enough, and a bit brighter then what others had given her credit for in the past. Sure, she was married to Lex once, but honestly, love is a strange thing. Can’t hold a bad choice from the past against her, specially knowing I would have done the same if I was her, given the chance.

Callan mentions the farm and I nod. “Yeah, it’s my family’s farm. We used it to grow food when we still lived here. No clue how much food is growing there right now, but it’s our best bet. Plus we can make the trip there and back in a day, as long as people wake up early enough that is”

Luc pipes is mentioning some of them might be able to help out aswel.

“That would be great, and I’m sure Ryan is up for it aswel.”

Though slowly more people seem to be waking up, it might be worth to wake more of them. Hangovers be damned. “Maybe we should wake the rest of them up, make a schedule?”

@Danni @zandra