What Have You Been Watching?

Love Call the Midwife, I didn’t watch the latest series yet on tv I am getting the dvd and doing a CTM marathon to catch up lol… Love that it was all filmed 10 minutes from me :grin:

3 Likes

Binging, The Witcher, again to see if it’s less confusing this time.
Catching up on The Good Doctor and A Typical

Oh my gosh that’s so cool!

1 Like

If you google “The Historic Dockyard, Chatham” you will see where CTM was filmed… My dad was a radio operator on HMS Cavalier that is permanatly moored in the dry dock… HMS Cavalier was used in a few episodes as well which was brilliant…

2 Likes

Awww that is so cool!

1 Like

Had no internet at home for nearly a month so not much progress. But a few updates since before, defiantly watching less now.

On Amazon: Rewatching One Tree Hill, but still on S2. Binged The 100 S1. Rewatching Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but still on S2.

On Netflix: Binged S2 of Sex Education. Also binged The Stranger. Slowly watching Riverdale S4. No progress made on S2 of Total Drama . Still S1 of Greenleaf, but I might ditch it.

On NowTV: Finally finished Lost Girl. Speeding through Chicago P.D and on S4, love it. Progressing nicely with Chicago Fire now on S5. On S2 of Chicago Med. Also watched episodes of Law and Order: Special Victim’s Unit if there have been crossovers with the Chicago franchise. No progress made on S1 of Blood & Treasure.

On Another Source: Grand Hotel and Why Women Kill halfway through there 1st season’s. Also still doing a very slow rewatch of Sunset Beach.

Call the Midwife is lovely <3

1 Like

I am consumed in books…CHAIN OF GOLD from Cassandra Clare/ The fork, the witch and the worm from Cristopher Paolini (a story epilogue out of the world of ERAGON .)/ The Sun Sister from Lucinda Riley/ The third book from LORIEN LEGACIES Generation 1 from Pittacus Lore (I love everything About I AM NR 4 .) and over ten german books are what I read the last months O.O

But end of march Disney + started and now I am watching Disney and Marvel and Fox and STAR WARS O.O

1 Like

It’s great to be consumed in books. I envy people who can read fast and a lot. I’m a slow reader and usually only manage one book at a time. Currently trying to read one book and listen to one audiobook to see how it goes.

Just started Why Women Kill and found it disappointing. Great premise, great cast, lackluster writing. It’s nowhere near as entertaining as I remember Desperate Housewives being during the first few seasons. Lucy Liu’s character is most fun to watch so far. They all have potential, though.

Breaking Bad , on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise. I fully expected to find it over-hyped and underwhelming, but ended up loving it. The premise is not exactly my cup of tea (half the reason I rarely bother with prestige tv is because the premise often seems to be “suburban men turned criminals” “another mob story” “did ya know middle-aged rich and powerful ppl are awful? but you should still watch them and root for them!”), but it’s very well executed. The dialogue is quite solid, I don’t feel second-hand embarrassment for the writers, actors and characters while watching. The pace and the characterization are also good. I even find myself attached to Jesse. I think the fact that he seems to be more compassionate than Walter makes me ultimately root for him more. I like Walter as a character too, but more-or-less stopped rooting for him after the first season. But I’m only at the beginning of the third season and will see if my opinions on the characters and the show on the whole change by the end.

I’ll be tuning into Vida once the third season starts. It’s very, very refreshing to see a female-focused show set in a poor immigrant neighborhood. The format is also great, there aren’t too many episodes and the episodes aren’t too long.

I am reading since I was four years old. A few years back my lunges got really poor (I have cystic fibrosis) and so had to switch to ebooks. All the cleaning of my books… It wasn’t good anymore… When we then took my books together (I donated them to school libariers or and foster care homes) we got together thousand books (!!!) I started reading with fours years, the giving away was when I was thirty… So I collected and read thousand books in twenty six years… That’s what I realized… What a nerd I am actually are…

1 Like

Not a nerd… I have hundreds of books… I am a book worms…

Everyome goggled in disbelief when I could sum up the story of every book. It meant I must have read over 35 books each year… Where as child I of course read slower… But this year I already read about twenty books and it’s only April… I tell you ebooks be praised!

The Tribe! I’ve watched 96 episodes in less than a week. This quarantine is really helping my binge game. This is my third complete go through of the show and I love it even more now! It’s nice being able to watch each episode a little more carefully, find those little Easter Eggs and stuff.

2 Likes

Just Binged Mind Hunters.
Excellent

Just finished my Tribe rewatch yesterday. Much sadness. I started Outrageous Fortune last night because I can’t do one without the other.

3 Likes

Since quarantine, I have watched all of The Stranger, Little Fires Everywhere, Never Have I Ever, Hollywood, Love is Blind, Outlander (rewatch), Westworld, The Leftovers (rewatch) and several movies. I am also on my first rewatch of Tribe, will be starting S2 tomorrow.

1 Like

Watching as always The Tribe.
Law & Order SVU.
And General Hospital.

Also watching WACO which is really great. And Mindhunters.

And the nightly watching of a Studio Ghibli movie,
The Last Unicorn and/or Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland.
I literally fall asleep to one of these movies every night. image

4 Likes

I thought S1 of Mind Hunters was great! S2 was tough.

2 Likes

LITTLE NEMO WAS A FAVORITE AS A KID. I still remember parts but I should go back and watch it. I think I have a DVD somewhere. Not like I have a way to watch it.

1 Like

I watch it on Amazon Prime or VHS @Lex

1 Like