A Beginning - Roleplay

Devon

I spot Genesis and another guy, they seem like to have a discuss so i stand back. The others are just talking to each other, who could live with who and so i try to be invisible. I don’t want to have a crowd of people in my house… or at least at the house were we would live.

I take aonther look at the pair and notice the guy leaving. I can’t remember his name, but i know that there was something between him and Genesis some time ago…i’m between him and the door and on his look i know what he his up. Moving my weight on both feet, i look at him. Even when he is still looking straight to the door, i know what he is up to. As he passes me i can see the move from this shoulder, so i lean forward and move all my strength in my shoulder, so he isn’t able to push me to the side like he wanted to. Instead he almost fall down…
Arhg… he mumbles and runs throught the door.

I can’t hold back a little grin as i walk towards Genesis. " Yeah she is, Fenella need a new diaper. She will be right back. What about you? Are you ok? Corin seems to be angry"

GENESIS

"You didn’t have to do that." I tell Devon after watching the scene unfold between him and the young man. We’d known one another too long for this goodbye, but he has his sights set on the City. "But thank you," I smile to express my gratitude.

Dev tells me Sabrina is fine, just needed to change the baby then comments on Corin’s current state. "Yeah, he may be just a tad overwhelmed. That’s what happens when you appoint yourself Prime Minister or whatever he’s trying to be."

We’re just a bunch of kids. He can’t expect much in one meeting.

Devon

" I just react to to him " i answer Genesis. I always prevent a fight, but i always defend myself if i have to…

I smile back at her and nod.

I listen to her as she explain the last minutes. Corin has always been that typ of guy, he just need a few people who follow him and he thinks he is superman.
" So maybe this will come to an end soon !?" i think loud and look at her. At least i whiched it would, i have still lots of work to do and maybe overthink all the “tribe” thing

3 Likes

Sabrina

I walk back to my house and change Fenella’s diaper. She’s still a bit fussy so I check the time. Gosh the meeting is going for a long time . I think about it for a bit while I prepare Fenella a bottle but after consideration I decide just to stay home and talk to Genesis or Devon tomorrow about the meeting.

Fenella settles finally after been given her bottle and falls straight to sleep. I delicately place her in her cot and go back downstairs and begin preparing myself dinner. I don’t feel much like cooking myself a gourmet meal. Hrm steak and beans looks good . Sometimes I regret killing the livestock to survive. It’s not a pleasant business either.

((OCC: So would you guys like me to be Corin or would one of you like to play him? :slight_smile: ))

Ooc: If Sabrina has a crush on him it might be better for someone else to be him :joy:

1 Like

good point lol

@Ash ???

1 Like

Yes, I would be happy to. I need to read back a bit, but yes, I will be Corin if that’s ok with everyone?

@Patch
@Catha

2 Likes

yes… :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s fine with me @Eagle and @Ash

He was honestly just introduced. He was a popular kid in school and has perfect teeth made straight by braces as described by Genesis.

1 Like

((Ok…I can work with that. )):hugs:

Jump to page/post 29. That’s where Eagle introduced Corin

1 Like

BASIC INFORMATION
CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: William Corin Greythorn
PREFERED NAME:Corin
DATE OF BIRTH: August 8th
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): cousins from the City, whom he has always been close with until the virus. Johnny and Mikey , the 2 boys, and Wendy their sister. Wendy is here in the town. She was sent here when the virus began, and the boys went into military academy. Corin was supposed to have gone into the academy as well after his 18th birthday, but the virus struck and all the Adults seemed to have died so fast…
He feels as if he must step up and be an active member of this, The New Tribeworld, and make his family proud.

HAIR COLOR: dark dirty blonde
EYE COLOR: blue

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: he has thus far kept it always pretty casual. He has taken a few girls out on very formal dates during high school, but has yet to find a girl he falls head over heals in love with and opens himself up to.

PLAY-BY (your username here): ash

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
PERSONAL FAVOURITES: partying with his friends, playing guitar, playing sports, especially basketball, & writing.

TALENTS: athletic, witty, and a writer, but his friends dont really know that he writes.

HABITS: smiling to cover his discomfort. Running his fingers though his hair when he gets nervous or uncomfortable.
tumblr_mtdq9ymgyI1r1oloro5_1280

Also, Staring. He throws people off with the direct stare he has. The blue eyes make it difficult for people to keep eye contact with him for long.

SECRET(S): he writes about everything, and he has been documenting this whole thing. Also,
He has a crush on someone, but is damn scared to approach her…

DISLIKES: bullying. Ungrateful behavior. He appreciates and is kind to everyone, which is why he is so popular, and he can’t stand it when people act Entitled. Corin knows that you have to work really hard to be good at most things, even with lots of natural talent. His Dad taught him that.

FEARS: being seen as a leader but not living up to his own expectations of himself.
& Being rejected by people he really cares for.

PERSONALITY: We see a very passionate young man who feels he has something to prove, with a long history behind his family name and reputation that he feels he must live up to.
He feels protective of his family and friends.
He is secretly a closet romantic:
; but once he became an high school athlete, he took on more of a Showman-Jock persona around his peers.

BACKGROUND, RECENT:

He was sick for several long and scary weeks, and only recently recovered, but it wasn’t the virus. He, and Wendy, were worried initially that Corin might be old enough to catch the Adult-killing-Virus. Luckily, he isnt quite 18, and it turned out to be a terrible case of bronchitis instead.

3 Likes

GENESIS

It’s my fault the guy was upset, but I can’t make excuses for him nor fault Devon for defending himself. I don’t say anything else. I guess I’m hurting more than I thought I would. I almost want to go out the door after him, but I remain strong in my pride.

Instead, I stay put next to Dev wishing this would end too. I think Corin heard Dev’s little outburst too because when I look up at my feet, I swear Corin’s gaze is trained right on us. Or maybe he’s not even looking at us, maybe he’s just found a point in the crowd to look out at. I used that technique when having to make presentations in school. It was easier than imagining everyone naked.

Just in case, I shush Devon. “He’s really not that bad.” I have to cut Corin some slack. He’s more intelligent than I gave him credit for and he was brave enough to take a lead. “If you’re ready to go, I can give you and Sabrina a recap tomorrow.”

(( OCC: Welcome @Ash !! So awesome to see another person joining :grinning: ))

2 Likes

((OOC happy to be here @Eagle:eagle: This will be fun.:star_struck: Is anyone else thinking of showing “face claims”? It would be nice to put faces to the names of my tribemates))

2 Likes

((OCC: Actually I was thinking about giving my character a face earlier today! I’ll have a look :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:))

Edit: ((Gave her a face! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:))

3 Likes

Devon

I sigh, i guess Genesis is right. Even if Corin is a pain in the neck form time to time.

" you sure? i ask her as she offers me to go and give me a report after the meeting. " thanks" i nod at her and leave the meeting room. … its not that i hate meetings, but no in works clothes and not with a whole city of kids. As i finally reach my house i walk straight away towards the garden and balcony. here i take a chair and sit down on the table. Watching over the garden and the plants. So here we are… seems like a new start in this new world

1 Like

GENESIS

My half nod was all Devon needed as assurance. He was gone and I stood alone. Several other people were leaving too. Well now I really had to pay attention. Was it over?

No, people had just grown bored or were trying to get home before sundown. Nobody trusted the dark.

I lean against the back wall, my hands in the pockets of my dungarees. If this doesn’t end in five minutes, I have an easy exit.

1 Like

I see that a few people are heading out of the gym, and I know we still need to discuss some things.

“Everyone! HEY!” I get loud, just to grab their wandering attentions again.
“I know you are all ready to leave. So let’s make a plan to meet tomorrow afternoon BACK HERE AT THE GYM. (Edited for clarification). I dont expect everyone to come, but if you are speaking for yourself or speaking for your group of close friends, please show up at 2pm.”

I look around the crowd, knowing that the kids with the most interest in our being the leaders of our future will still be here listening. I’m trying to pick out & remember a few of their faces. I will go to them privately for more serious talks tomorrow morning.

“Tonight, and tomorrow, everyone should be discussing their ideas for living arrangements, who will make up their groups, and what their group can bring to the table to help us all survive.”

After a buzz of responses and side-talk, I finish my statements.

“I will be here for a while still tonight,
So if anyone wants to talk to me, come find me. Ok…goodnight everyone! Stay safe!”

I end the meeting with a wave to everyone in the room. They all start to disperse, each heading home in small groups. Nobody wants to walk home alone in the dark, and some of their homes are outside of the town proper. I dismiss my group of friends, telling them to go take care of their siblings and girlfriends. Alone now, I head to a top row of the bleachers and sit down…waiting to see if anyone has more to say to me.

I see Genesis is still in the room, and my stomach does a turn. Part of me really hopes that she stayed to talk to me, and the other part is afraid to talk to her at all…I realize I have been holding my breath. I let it out and look away. I was staring at her! Oh God! What’s wrong with me!

@Patch

1 Like

BASIC INFORMATION
CHARACTERS BIRTH NAME: Gwendylyn Harlow Graythorn.
PREFERED NAME: Wendy
BIRTHDAY: December 17th
FAMILY (any siblings, cousins etc): her brothers, twins:Johnny and Mikey

got sent off to military academy prior to the adults all dropping dead. Now she Hopes that they are trying to return to her. Most everyone thinks that she will never ever see them again… but
Wendy believes she will see them soon.
She also has her cousin Corin here In town. He is he protector, but Wendy is basically in charge in their home, and Corin let’s her make most of their daily decisions about living.

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single. Never been in love. Dreams about the perfect boy, but so far…has not found anyone worth a second glance in the real world.

PLAY-BY (your username here): ash

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
PERSONAL FAVOURITES: sleep. She loves sleep and dreams, and spends most of her time in her own imagination. Wendy loves to tell Corin stories, which he writes down for.

TALENTS: storyweaving.
Making things up on the fly. This makes her a very talented liar, but she only lies if she feels in danger or afraid.
Cooking, very skilled in the kitchen. It is her passion at this age.

HABITS: adventuring. She goes off on her own constantly, scaring everyone who loves her. Several times, she has forgotten the time and become lost…once she was lost in the woods for 3 days and nights. Her brothers were always afraid she wouldn’t come back from one of these walk-abouts.

SECRET(S):she dreams about things that sometimes come true. Like premonitions.

DISLIKES: being told to act her age. She doesnt want to act anything like most of the kids her age. All they want to do is talk about boys and text on their phones. That is not interesting To Wendy .
She dislikes when people use her full name to speak to her, like when she gets in trouble. But her parents are dead, so now only Corin does it when he is mad at her.

FEARS:not seeing her brothers again.
She fears growing up and catching The Virus.
Fears Losing Corin

STRENGTHS: she is unwaveringly hopeful. And she believes in herself and Corin absolutely. She knows that they will be ok.

PERSONALITY: a fiery young lady who is more comfortable alone in the woods than with a group of girls her own age. She would rather spend time with boys. Not romantically, it’s just easier to understand boys. And with boys, what you see is what you get. She doesnt really trust girls at all, having been lied to and bullied in the city most of her life.
Any time she has been near the woods, she ends up wandering deep into the forest, because she doesnt really care about being a part of the “real world”

Wendy was the first one to suggest to Corin and “the boys” that there is safety in numbers. When you’ve been bullied, you learn that you can either hide out alone, or find a flock of friends. Bullies dont usually mess with kids in groups…at least, that’s her view of things.

Casper_Christina_Ricci_promo_with_fish
tumblr_mtq3rm3eZw1sj4skio1_400 Wendy

1 Like